Chapter 79

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

That's a pretty thorough analysis, can't say I disagree with anything in particular.

As for the "resonance", I don't see how that wouldn't be accomplished by feeding Nagi new powers.

More likely, the resonance will be created when the heads of Nagi, Natsume and Kago clans get together at the Tournament, multipling their powers manyfold. Not to mention the head of the Takayanagi.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Aren't Dragon Users and Elemental User 2 separate things?
More likely, the resonance will be created when the heads of Nagi, Natsume and Kago clans get together at the Tournament, multipling their powers manyfold. Not to mention the head of the Takayanagi.
I thought the Takayanagi familiy had nothing to do with any of the Feathers powers. They just have really strong & resiliant bodies and are the Head of the All the Families. I have never seen any Takayanagi tap into any power.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

12 founding families are the generals of the Takayanagi, with the 6 Red exercising occult powers and 6 White exercising martial arts. I thought it was logical that Takayanagi clan shared both of those directions equally, as in they are both matrial artists, but can use mystic powers of the Dragon Gate to some degree.

As in, Reds and Whites are very specialized in their own area, but Takayanagi are more rounded in their use of power.

This is of course unconfirmed, but I gathered it was pretty logical to suppose that.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I would definitely have to agree with you that they do share characteristics with the White Feathers. Mainly fighting style and not Armed Combat. As for Red, I not sure. Unless you count the time Masataka went crazy with Rage or the Forged Needle to be Contributions from the Red Feathers. As far as resonance, I have never seen anything about any of the Red Feathers resounding due to Masataka or Mitsoumi presence.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Really?

I thought that the fact that Shin's power and madness greatly flared up in the months before his death was the direct result of Mitsuomi coming to Toudou and the fact that Mitsuomi's power and ability increased as well.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Really?

I thought that the fact that Shin's power and madness greatly flared up in the months before his death was the direct result of Mitsuomi coming to Toudou and the fact that Mitsuomi's power and ability increased as well.
I think Shin was pretty strong and crazy before before Mits entrance into Toudo. He had been using the Dragons Eye for sometime. Remember the footage of him trashing people, or him killing his parents or his father wanting to keep Rieki away from him. Shin was ready to explode, Dougen knew about this and had set it up to Level up Mits through Combat. The only Red Feather effect affect I saw, was when Shin punched him in the chest. That made his heart beat fast, which lead to him having super human strength.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

pv82 wrote: As for Red, I not sure. Unless you count the time Masataka went crazy with Rage or the Forged Needle to be Contributions from the Red Feathers.
Maybe the double palm tecnique which is used by Mitsuomi in his first fight with Nagi (in my versione it's translated as "Double Dragon Palm", but I doubt it's the same as the Hotaru's gate. The translations suck btw.) could be considered as a special sort of "red feathers power", or the tecnique he used to tame the fire.
I think however, that they don't have any "special abilities" like the dragon gates, they are just incredibly strong overall. If they have particular abilities, Oh!Great has yet to show them (tournament?).
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I have a feeling that Oh!Great wasn't planning all of this from the very beginning, so a lot of the stuff like the families and dragon gates were invented as he went along.

So even if some of this stuff is not mentioned in earlier manga, it doesn't mean that he won't attach anything new to established characters and claim that was always the case, you know. 8)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ if that's true, then Oh!Great is more of an genius then we think if can string together stuff on the fly and make it sound it was all planned ;)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

The UJ special says the Takayanagis have stronger abilities than any of the 12 founding families. Look at Masataka, he's beaten an "F" member and someone using a dragon gate(Fu) in the same day both of whom are being contaolled by one of the most powerful red feather magic users.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I was rereading tenten and I just noticed this one detail for the first time. In volume 1 ch. 3 page 77 in Fugu's scans when Souichirou is fighting Masa. After he takes the kick and he starts falling over in the last panel where Aya "connects" you see a juxtaposition of Shin falling with Souichirou, looking exactly like how Shin falling when he was knocked down by Mits in their last fight. I think its just more evidence that Aya's "attraction" to Souichirou is in a large part due to her power.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

just read the chapter its been awhile since i read this. i still dont get what they are trying to do with nagis mom they put her inside a machine of sumsort? also feels like forever just for the tournament to start. that girl with the dragon roar is a bit overpowered it seems but im glad we get to see a bit more action than just talking. are they still realeasing a chapter a month? wow if it were to go at that speed i think ill be in my 40s before its over... and im 20
dumbo63
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dumbo63 »

So you think there's going to be over 30 volumes?
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

I doubt tenjo tenge would be that long. but if it was to be over 30 volumes. I would be an old ass man the way they realease 2 vols in a year.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

EliteF22 wrote:I was rereading tenten and I just noticed this one detail for the first time. In volume 1 ch. 3 page 77 in Fugu's scans when Souichirou is fighting Masa. After he takes the kick and he starts falling over in the last panel where Aya "connects" you see a juxtaposition of Shin falling with Souichirou, looking exactly like how Shin falling when he was knocked down by Mits in their last fight. I think its just more evidence that Aya's "attraction" to Souichirou is in a large part due to her power.
Maybe--but that scene was primarily meant to juxtapose Shin and Souichirou. And since this is Aya's Dragon's Eye we're talking about, can we then say that this scene foreshadows something?