chap 41 thoughts

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

chap 41 thoughts

Post by Lyer »

-I thought this chapter was cool and really sad, I can't help but think that everything is maya's fault. I mean if she actually listened to her parents....but then again if she didn we wouldn't have such a good manga to read ^_^
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

In the Readme for page 47, i think the parents gave the katana only to Maya because she's the only one in the family who don't have the dragon eye right? I think she said that somewhere in the past volume.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

That is entirely too simplistic.

Why give it to her at all - keep it locked up in a chest like it was before Aya (in the present arc) took it out again. Keep it out of the hands of a child!

I think there is something else afoot - some other reason they knowingly gave it to her. Maybe the connection between Kaima (Shin's father) and Takayanagi Dougen? I don't know, but I think there is more to it than just randomly giving Maya (a young child) an evil sword...

Of course, I don't know for sure, but...
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-yea she did, im not exactly sure which chapter but I think it was around when aya first got a hold of it...
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

thoughts

Post by hitori »

Some thoughs:

Maya called herself a 'sheath'.
A sword can't be safe to others and can't be protected from the elements without a sheath.
A sheath by itself has no usefulness, so it has no reason for existence without a sword to hold.

The parents may have seen this parallel and seeing the bond between the two, may have decided that Maya could be the one to 'sheath' Shin.
By making Maya the holder of the Reiki, she could have become the most effective vault to lock the sword in, because Shin will not hurt her and Maya would guard it with her life because that is the only thing 'special' about her.

But well, Maya found out the truth about her role and Shin took the blade for himself anyways.
Argh...it doesn't make sense afterall...=P
Gekka
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gekka »

Been watching Rurouni Kenshin OAV too much there? :D hehe...

Well, i don't think maya's to blame really...after all, she was a child at the time when she got the blade and blaming a child is just wrong. I think Takayanagi Dougen is to blame really.... I mean sure, Shin went insane but he seemed to be getting his act together again (refusing the blade and all) and now Takayanagi Dougen goes and orders this done to Maya, just so Shin would go mad and Mutsoumi can become this ultimate warrior by defeating Shin. A very selfish and cold hearted reason really in my opinion.
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Shin goes beserk

Post by jasonred »

Heh, that was really cool for someone who got beaten upside the head by Tawara... good point there, Fu Chien! And dumb of you... his power just more than doubled, and you face him with not confidence, but arrogance... hmmm...

Anyone think Tawara in top form could take him?

Is the name of Fu Chien's move the same as his name, the Fu Chyuan bit? Anyhow, that move was pretty cool, I like the name too, Tiger, Fist something Earth something something Five something? What's that move translate to? And why is the move name in Mandarin? hmmm... what's the last symbol, uu as well? Is the guy's name really Tiger Fist? Or is he named after Fu Chen, like the dialect and place?

Why do I get the feeling that Takayanagi is not anywhere close to insane Shin, the same way Guile is not in the same class as Akuma...

Why didn't anyone just BREAK that blasted sword? Or drop it in concrete or something? Hmm... anyone read crying Freeman where that evil katana comes back from being chucked in the ocean by stabbing a shark? ...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Shin goes beserk

Post by FuguTabetai »

jasonred wrote:Is the name of Fu Chien's move the same as his name, the Fu Chyuan bit? Anyhow, that move was pretty cool, I like the name too, Tiger, Fist something Earth something something Five something? What's that move translate to? And why is the move name in Mandarin? hmmm... what's the last symbol, uu as well? Is the guy's name really Tiger Fist? Or is he named after Fu Chen, like the dialect and place?

I don't know Chinese. The name of the move was more chinese than Japanese, so I just translated it phonetically and left the Kanji. Maybe someone who can read Chinese can fill us in.

Fu Chi'en's name does have a Tiger in there. The other character isn't a common Japanese one, and since they Ruby his name to "Fu Chyein" I decided to keep it in English (Fu Chi'en)
Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Waso Dodu »

poor Shin
been locked up in his childhood
and hearin people constantly because of the eye of the dragon
:cry:

master dougen is evil !
giving a cursed katana to kid :evil:
but then again he seem to be sad
when he said he lost a close friend (Shin's father)
i think there's someone higher than Dougen (in hierachy)
that is the cause of all those problems

anyway the chapter was cool
i thought fu schien would survive a lil longer
he seem real strong
or maybe its just that berserk shin is a monster

i wonder how the hell mitsuomi will get rid of him
and i dont think tawara can do something
maybe asshat can (he's hiding his powers) :P

also, in the present art
mitsuomi said something like "I'm already dead"
he's a zombie ? i dont understand
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Waso Dodu wrote:poor Shin
been locked up in his childhood
and hearin people constantly because of the eye of the dragon
:cry:
I also have some sympathy for Shin...
Waso Dodu wrote:master dougen is evil !
giving a cursed katana to kid :evil:
but then again he seem to be sad
when he said he lost a close friend (Shin's father)
i think there's someone higher than Dougen (in hierachy)
that is the cause of all those problems
I get that feeling as well. Takayanagi Dougen also seems to have his own motivations - although, he has come off, so far, as the most traditionally "evil" character.
Waso Dodu wrote:also, in the present art
Yes, he said that. I don't know the details myself; I'm sure it will be explained in upcoming chapters. Actually, they get into it a bit in Chapter 42, and it looks like a bit more pops up in Chapter 43, but I haven't even scanned that yet...

fugu
Gekka
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gekka »

jasonred wrote: And why is the move name in Mandarin?
Hmm...well, looking at Fu Chien's clothing, it's very likely that he's chinese and his fighting style is chinese...or am I the only one who noticed that he wears clothes that are commonly seen in Hong Kong martial arts flick?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Gekka wrote:
jasonred wrote: And why is the move name in Mandarin?
Hmm...well, looking at Fu Chien's clothing, it's very likely that he's chinese and his fighting style is chinese...or am I the only one who noticed that he wears clothes that are commonly seen in Hong Kong martial arts flick?
It is clear that Fu Chi'en is Chinese. He often says things like "In this country" (meaning Japan, as differentiated from his Country, which is assumed to be China.)
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Little Maya is so cute! :o
And good-hearted, unlike her current closed-up self with the 6-feet-thick bitch barrier. Well, I guess losing one's parents like that does that to you.
And HS Maya... just received the tissue-paper-clothing treatment... well I guess it's an unavoidable work hazard for manga female characters. :?

I really hate Dougen. Being evil, I can appreciate. But being self-righteous while being evil, ticks me off. He calls Reiki the "damn evil katana". Yeah, like he should talk.

Poor Shin... he tried so hard... :cry:
He should have given in to his "evil impulse" and split Dougen right down the middle! :evil:

I don't think Tawara can beat Orochi Shin. He couldn't back in the highway fight. Honestly, I don't see how Mitsuomi could either. Shin is invincible with the Dragon Eye. :shock: He also has obvious souped-up powers besides the DE.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

jasonred wrote:Is the name of Fu Chien's move the same as his name, the Fu Chyuan bit? Anyhow, that move was pretty cool, I like the name too, Tiger, Fist something Earth something something Five something? What's that move translate to? And why is the move name in Mandarin? hmmm... what's the last symbol, uu as well? Is the guy's name really Tiger Fist? Or is he named after Fu Chen, like the dialect and place?
The move's name is:
Tiger Fist, Imitate Earth Shake Lotus Five Form
Hu Quan, Teng Di Bai Lian Wu Shi [Mandarin Pronounciation: supposedly]

So basically it's "The Fifth Form of Tiger Fist, Earth Imitating Lotus Shaker" move...[what?! say what?]

This pronounciation is from a dictionary I have.
They differ from the one Oh!Great wrote, so I thought it was interesting enough to mention. ^_^
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Tiger Fist eh? That's cool. Makes sense if he learned martial arts in China since that is one (of many) kung fu styles. Fu Chi'en's hands are always sorta clawed up like they do in Tiger Fist. I might even learn some one of these days.

Young Maya (definitely super cute) looks a lot like miniature Maya, except happier. Even mini-Maya is always so serious looking. She's such a cute, devoted lil sister though I can easily see why Shin is so taken with her.

I actually didn't like this chapter as much as the recent ones because it was all fighting and no big big revelations or plot complications. Such a big change from when I started reading simply cuz of the fighting. I still thought the chapter kicked a**. I guess cuz there wasn't as much tension in this chapter it wasn't as satisfying.

It's hard to imagine anyone being able to beat Shin when his power's on. I mean, hell, he can see what you're gonna do before you even do it. And it seems like he has that whole endless supply of "spirit" thing going on too so he doesn't seem to get hurt (Fu Chi'en's attacks seemed to be useless but it looked like they connected) Maybe in the end Shin, realizing that he can't conquer the power, just gives up and gives in to his fate. So tragic... Previous chapters do seem to indicate that he realizes Mitsuomi will be his end.
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

Shin sure is one strong sonofabitch @w@;;;

hummm where is young Aya all the time btw?
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Maybe she just stays at home and Shin and Maya don't tell her anything about what's going on. It would make sense to not tell their 10, 11 (?) year old lil sis that her brother is actually insane and could kill someone (her included???) at any minute.
Waso Dodu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Waso Dodu »

oh great forgot aya :lol:

i have a few new questions
when mitsuomi was in the training room with dougen and fuchien
watching him....does he knows whats going on ?

who are the other elemental user ?
fu shien have electricity
ryuzaki have fire
emi have shadow
maybe Bob and Asshat have hidden powers ?
i'm sure Asshat is fakin his dumbness and weakness

when they say they need data from Shin to create the ultimate warrior
does that mean the takayanagi can use the dragon eye ?

who forged the katana reiki ?

i heard that nagi has 3 forms
normal
dragon (when he fought mitsuomi in present arc)
and a superior one (something about been controlled)
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

Whoa!! how will Mitsouomi defeat Shin when he is moving that fast, maybe he will tap into some hidden strength to defeat him.
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

i read it it was so cool for the story but i can t wait for the next of this volume

for your question about mistuomi and the dragon eyes
i dun think he can use it cose
1 st -- It s an " advanced bloodline " the users of the dragon eye are the Natsume familly

2 nd the thing about the true warrior
they said the spirit of the true warrior
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Waso Dodu wrote:
Unlikely. Bob isn't ethnic Japanese. Even if he has powers, they'll likely come from a different source. And Asshat isn't faking his uselessness, he IS completely useless.

i heard that nagi has 3 forms
normal
dragon (when he fought mitsuomi in present arc)
and a superior one (something about been controlled)
Heh. Sounds like a video game. I think he only has 2 modes, though...
also, in the present art
Huh. I actually interpreted that to mean that his heart died 2 years ago, probably after Shin died and Maya dumped him...

Agent Wax
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

Ah, Hi. I'm fairly new but I've been reading for quite some time and I have a question..

I've seen some chapters from the current Ultra jump issues (Probally the wrong name) - And I was wondering, There's a character in the enforcement group that looks amazingly like an older Asshat. I'm probally wrong and he disappears after the past arc (A shame because he somehow became my -favorite- character in the series) but couldn't that possibly be him? Or is it someone completely different.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:Waso Dodu wrote:
Unlikely. Bob isn't ethnic Japanese. Even if he has powers, they'll likely come from a different source. And Asshat isn't faking his uselessness, he IS completely useless.
Well, he does have the "Beautiful Flash" special move. Those of you that follow my day-to-day translations know what I'm talking about. (I'm surprised no one has called me out on my day-to-day translations yet either...
Agent_Wax wrote:
also, in the present art
Huh. I actually interpreted that to mean that his heart died 2 years ago, probably after Shin died and Maya dumped him...

Agent Wax
No, he said literally "I am already dead."

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Tristan wrote:Ah, Hi. I'm fairly new but I've been reading for quite some time and I have a question..

I've seen some chapters from the current Ultra jump issues (Probally the wrong name) - And I was wondering, There's a character in the enforcement group that looks amazingly like an older Asshat. I'm probally wrong and he disappears after the past arc (A shame because he somehow became my -favorite- character in the series) but couldn't that possibly be him? Or is it someone completely different.
I don't have access to the new Ultra Jump chapters, so I don't know. I generally have only read as much as I have translated, so I'm not in a position to know more than other people on this forum. (There are some people here that have read more than I have though.)

fugu
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Hmm.... new UJ chapters. I wish someone would be kind enought to scan them for those who can't afford UJ :(

Kuroro hasn't gotten any new UJ so there's no new UJ scans.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Fugu Wrote:
No, he said literally "I am already dead."
Hmm. That throws a spanner into my interpretation. Now that I think back, he does mention something about running out of time to accomplish what he wants done. Perhaps he has a terminal illness (probably caught AIDS from Kuzunoha) :twisted: or maybe what Shin did to him is slowly killing him.

Agent Wax
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Tristan wrote:
The older Asshat, the 'chick magnet' (don't ask me how or why :shock:) who suckerpunched Nagi, is still with Jyuukenbu. I don't know who in the Enforcement Group you're referring to (probably either the archer or the Cock-head in F?), but that's not him.

Agent Wax
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jasonred »

Waso Dodu wrote:oh great forgot aya :lol:
fu shien have electricity
ryuzaki have fire
emi have shadow

Emi is "shadow user" meaning she's like a ninja or hidden weapons. Her actual ELEMENT is... LARD. aka body fat.

Bob has the power of being black. Now, you might think that's purely racist comment, but you must realise from viewpoint of Japanese culture... heck ANY oriental culture... being black might conceivably count as an elemental power...

Asshat's element is the power of turd?

Shin and Nagi use the raw power of ki. Cool!

Takayanagi has the poower of body?

Aya and Maya use the power of panty shot, T&A, and the almighty fanservice!

Tawara uses the element of kickass!
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jasonred »

hitori wrote: The move's name is:
Tiger Fist, Imitate Earth Shake Lotus Five Form
Hu Quan, Teng Di Bai Lian Wu Shi [Mandarin Pronounciation: supposedly]

So basically it's "The Fifth Form of Tiger Fist, Earth Imitating Lotus Shaker" move...[what?! say what?]

This pronounciation is from a dictionary I have.
They differ from the one Oh!Great wrote, so I thought it was interesting enough to mention. ^_^
Yeah, I actually knew that he's Chinese, I was just wondering how the translators picked up the Chinese words and all. Also surprised oh!great bothered to put his move in chinese. (btw, I'M Chinese...)

He appears to be from Hong Kong. Actually, that's more likely, since the more accomplished martial artists who like money go off to HK, and makes more sense to bring in one from there. That's why the pronounciation is different from yours, BTW. The scanned one is in Cantonese.

If anyone is wondering why I couldn't read the text myself, my first language is Malay, 2nd English, 3rd Mandarin, 4th Cantonese, 5th Japanese. bleh...
Agent_Wax wrote:
The older Asshat, the 'chick magnet' (don't ask me how or why ) who suckerpunched Nagi, is still with Jyuukenbu.

He suckerpunches Nagi? Was that in the previous issues? And Jyukenbu is the anti-enforcement group, is it? I got confused with enforcement and jyuukenbu.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Jasonred wrote:
He suckerpunches Nagi? Was that in the previous issues? And Jyukenbu is the anti-enforcement group, is it? I got confused with enforcement and jyuukenbu.
Ah, so you're a Malaysian. Asshat suckerpunches Nagi in Vol 9.
I don't think Jyuukenbu is essentially anti-Enforcement group. The Enforcement group is tasked with policing the school and keeping the peace (kinda like prefects, only they get to strike cool poses and beat people up). Bob and Nagi stirred up a ruckus and Jyuukenbu sort of got caught up in that. The 2 of them joined Jyuukenbu and this made the whole team the target of the EG. It's not that the EG is inherently 'evil', no more than Jyuukenbu being inherently 'good'. The EG is just doing their job, whether or not you agree with their mandate and methods (that bastard Ryuuzaki should just go to prison and drop the soap).

Agent Wax
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

And if you've been following along, you'll remember that the Enforcement Group changes each year...

fugu
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

oh great forgot aya
I notice that too. Seems as if Aya exists outside of the Natsume household. Despite all of its depth, TT makes the assumption that the school is all, and that family life and extracurricular life are non-existent. Like most school fighting manga.
I don't think they've shown up yet. They may not even exist.