Tenjo Tenge Gallery KAI

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Tenjo Tenge Gallery KAI

Post by moyism »

http://www.moyism.com/gallery/tjtg

I've setup an TT image gallery board over on my server. Anyone can upload any related TT photos over there if they want. I've already uploaded some various TT pics I have but we need to bring the TT gallery back to its former glory!

Enjoy! :wink:
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Yay, finally... I need a good source for some newer pics, but I'll surely upload some of them I already got.

Nice work. :D
Bomb me, please.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Put some ilustrations and cover from volume 12 and 13...

Have'nt got that yet... :)
Signature - Do i need one???
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

What a great collection :wink:
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Dominant Star wrote:Put some ilustrations and cover from volume 12 and 13...

Have'nt got that yet... :)
Duh...maybe because volume 13 wasn't released in tankobon format yet and if you look closely there are scans from volume 12 there.

Myoism: Lot's of cool stuff. Thanks for hosting stuff.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

not a problem. Unless something weird happens, the TT gallery is there to stay. So use it as need be and add new stuff when possible ;)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Its a wide selection of Fanart, original, and Even Doushiji stuff
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

just want to tell you guys (and gals, if there are any), try not to double post images already there. Also, please post ONLY Tenjo Tenge related images there (who the heck posted that Twins pic?!?).

I try to sort through the TT image gallery once an week or so to double check for any doubles or the like. If 'ya all see some there, please tell me so I can get rid of 'em. Thanks! 8)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Ooh.. thanks for uploading the covers. I'm going to delete them from my webspace now.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

don't thank me, someone else did it. <shrugs>
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, thanks for providing the gallery for someone to upload to. 8)

PS Your Tenma avatar just cracks me up. 8)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

gotta love the Tenma goodness. 8)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've changed the link on the MangaTranslation.com site to point to Moyism's gallery (thanks) but still have the Tenjo Tenge gallery running on my own machine. I can't host the stuff on my rimuhosting.com account, since I've only got about 20 Gig there, but I'll keep the gallery around on fugu.cs since there is so much other stuff there anyway (Tenjo Tenge and Vulgar Ghost Daydream, etc.)

So you can try there (http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/mangatransl ... /index.php) but that probably won't last long past my graduation (May, June? When the hell will I finish my phd?)

fugu
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

I've just added some Isuzu-fanarts... yummie stuff. :D

Although, I don't know the author of the first one... (they're on page 9), I don't think he or she will kill me for adding it. At least I hope so...

The other ones were made for me (yeah, it's always good to have some talented friends, heh heh), so I got the artist's permission for them.

I must say that globally seen, Isuzu is underrepresented in the fanart-business... I guess most artists are afraid of colouring the hair, in fact *g* At least that's the point where my girlfriend is starting to get angry with me for persuading her to do another Isu-pic... :roll:
Bomb me, please.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

that 3rd one... LMAO.

Good finds! Thanks for adding 'em :D
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I know a guy who is a HUGE Isuzu fan, he draws her quite often.

Here are some examples:

Isuzu Tropical Coctail Galore

Isuzu with her kunai

Isuzu and Maya

Tawara, the can-opener 8)

Cool, huh?
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

MrProphet wrote:I know a guy who is a HUGE Isuzu fan, he draws her quite often.

Here are some examples:

(...)

Cool, huh?

Yes indeed... thanks again, and again, and again :D

Those picu's indeed are fine work, I especially like the one with Maya & Isuzu, that's quite a sight. Geez, they should both dump Mitsuomi and find one another. Mitsuomi doesn't even appreciate Isuzu's service, but I think Maya could. *g*

Whatever, your Russian friend has an interesting name, by the way... Otto Reuhentahl sounds a bit German to me, but that's not too unusual because there is a number of Russian-Germans that still live spread over the whole country... interesting. :D
Bomb me, please.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Added a new sketch I just completed to moyism's site. Gonna work on the color version soon, but I've got a bunch of other sketches I'm working on.
bonkuraazu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by bonkuraazu »

thanks for having an image upload gallery moyism. i really like the ten ten cosplay gallery as well. maybe have a separate gallery for ten ten fanarts?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

for anyone that has been having issues with my TT gallery recently it's because I've switched from using Gallery to Coppermine as my gallery software. Currently re-uploading the TT stuff and whatnot, so unfortunately any links throughout the board going to my gallery don't work :(

... sorry for the problem but I'm currently trying to see why I've been hit a lot for CPU over-usage by my host. Hopefully everything will be all and good in a few days.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

I was wondering the other night why the link was broken.

I know yesterday after noon I was able to see the newer image you uploaded onto your gallery of

Mitsuomi N maya taking on the Ninjas then from that point on it was just broken, at first I thought my Comp was acting up, but your post cleared it up.
Nagi889
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nagi889 »

How do I get the link to work?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So, will you be using the same link provided in the first post here ? :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

That gallery is still kicking around. Not as much stuff as Moyism's though.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

bad news everyone. I'm now 99% positive recent activity on the gallery section is what killed me. In that avenue, I'll be closing down my gallery for awhile. :(

Fear not, as I might re-open it sometime this summer but currently cannot do it. I'll admit it's odd how everything has been fine in the past but I guess since it's summer, everyone has more time to surf. Also doesn't help that people hotlink to the actual image themselves w/o telling me. My BW can take the hit but for personal reasons, I just don't like it when folks do it without asking or at least sourcing where they found the pics. (interesting most of these hotlinks come from people posting on other forums)

I guess having a somewhat popular anime blog and "THE" Tenjo Tenge gallery doesn't work out in the long run without me spending more money on the host. (no way I can afford $99/month for more crazy hi-end services)

Once again, sorry to disappoint everyone but there's not much I can do about it unless people know of low CPU-consuming free gallery software I could use. I've already tried out a bunch of stuff, but only gallery and coppermine have the best features so far.

Hopefully I can try to figure out something later this summer, but for now... :? :( :(
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

moyism wrote: Also doesn't help that people hotlink to the actual image themselves w/o telling me.
Yeah, that bugged me too, so I set up referrer blocking. It isn't perfect, but it works.

Anyway, don't worry about it too much. Leechers will just have to fend for themselves. I also pay out of my pocket for hosting, and don't feel a bit remorse when I have to cut back on services.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

What kind of bandwidth were you getting, moyism?

My own host gives me about 10 gigs/day for something like $8 per month. I don't ever forsee hitting that ceiling. But then again, I don't host anything major...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Can't you make the galleries private or something, so thye can't be hotlinked ? :)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

What a pity the gallery doesn't exist anymore, as it was a quite valuable tool to get people from my board to buy Tenten...

But well, I understand the reasons why you had to close it down. All good things must come to an end, don't they? ;)

Perhaps we should open up a MSN Group or something so nobody has to pay for the bandwith it uses...
Bomb me, please.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

bw isn't the issue. I was over using the server CPU or something. So in other words, too many people where hitting up the gallery...
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

why not make users register so they can access the gallery and also find a way so they can't hotlink the images
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

It's very strange that your host charges for CPU use. I've never ever seen such a thing.

But, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just don't shut down the blog. It's fairly entertaining. 8)
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

they wont be able to hot link images if you set it up so you need to actually authenticate with your registration to view them.

but doing it this way takes time to set up. and i don't blame anyone for not wanting to do it.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Hey moyism, if you don't mind in talking about it, what kind of hardware your server have, and what is the bandwith consumed by it?

I have 4 servers with about 1.5Tb/month each and I'm not using 10% of it.. depending on your harware we could think something out. Can't let all that stuff aside from future TT fans =).

Feel free to pm me if you're interested
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:It's very strange that your host charges for CPU use. I've never ever seen such a thing.
Are you serious? It is very common on virtualized hardware to charge more for more CPU time. I'm hosting mangatranslation/fugutabetai/smugeeks/.com on a virturalized private linux server. If load gets too high, they have to reduce the number of shared hosts on a machine, and will often charge for that sort of thing...
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

I confess that I myself never saw one of this hosting companies that charge by CPU usage either. And in a linux server it is still more uncommon.

But even so, it's unlikely that a web application like coopermine would be taking that much CPU. It could be some hw problem or the server is overloaded with accounts.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I have to beg to differ. anything running php will take *some* CPU usage, if not much. But that starts to add up when constantly in use. For example, running my two blogs (wordpress which is all php) takes about 20CPU per minute or something, which is like 1/2 my alloted amount on the host.

Now recent CPU usage was up to the higher 100s and wwaaayy over the 30-40 limit. I thought maybe the host was just acting up but once I actually removed the galleries, everything was back to the low end. I don't think coppermine (also basically php) will really solve my CPU usage problem but thanks to a comment left by someone, I *may* have another solution. It'll eat up more bw but like I said, I usually only use about 1/3 of my alloted 120GIG/month so it should work out.

... I'll get back to y'all if the galleries do go back up. Or if someone else wants to host all the images, I'll be more than glad to send them everything (only about 80MB of TT stuff).
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

moyism wrote: ... I'll get back to y'all if the galleries do go back up. Or if someone else wants to host all the images, I'll be more than glad to send them everything (only about 80MB of TT stuff).
I still have the original MangaTranslation.com image gallery online, but I don't know if it has the newer stuff that Moyism has. It would be nice to put it up there too, but this isn't anything I want to invest my time in...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think it differs by hosting plan.

My hosts only charged me for either space (low space) or space and bandwidth (for large space). Nothing on the CPU usage. I think it would be logical to charge for CPU is you are using a colocation, but for virtual hosting? Sounds like a rip-off to me.

Moyism: If it doesn't work out for you with the different option, I might be willing to host the gallery, if you give me the images to download (in one bunch, preferably). I have Coppermine.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

MrProphet wrote:I think it would be logical to charge for CPU is you are using a colocation, but for virtual hosting? Sounds like a rip-off to me.
That's my opinion too. There was a time that my routine was arrive at work, get a cup of coffee and kill one or two bzip2 process locked at 99% CPU, then resume work...

I jus't can't understand the advantage of a hosting that charges by CPU usage and how can it be precisely measured.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I hope underdark doesn't mind me telling, but the TT gallery is back up! Underdark has been so kind as to host the old gallery I had back on my site. The address is http://gallery.underdark.com.br/ and currently, anyone can upload the TT galleries!

So please don't forget to thank Underdark for being so generous as to host the Tenjo Tenge gallery all you leechers love and enjoy! ;)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Thanks, man!!
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Nope, moyism, as I said to you, you're the man to take care of that gallery, I'll let it into your hands, to do what you please =D

As for all the other, I hope and count on you all to help maintaining the gallery updated, ok?

Keep'em coming!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks Underdark. I'm a big fan of coppermine myself (I run two galleries on it.) Would you mind if I put a link on the main mantranslation.com and tjtg.mangatranslation.com homepages to your gallery?
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

FuguTabetai wrote:Thanks Underdark. I'm a big fan of coppermine myself (I run two galleries on it.) Would you mind if I put a link on the main mantranslation.com and tjtg.mangatranslation.com homepages to your gallery?
Nope, feel free to do so.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

underdark wrote:Nope, moyism, as I said to you, you're the man to take care of that gallery, I'll let it into your hands, to do what you please =D

As for all the other, I hope and count on you all to help maintaining the gallery updated, ok?

Keep'em coming!
To use a simpal expression :

' You both da man ! '
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Thanks underdark! :D