No! Tenjo Tenge Should be a video game!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

No! Tenjo Tenge Should be a video game!

Post by Agent_Wax »

With all the hoo hah about TT being an anime (which I agree with, BTW) nobody seems to have mentioned that TT would make the perfect fighting game for Xbox.

Think about it:

1). Produced by Team Ninja (creators of Dead or Alive)
2). Full CG with mind-blowing graphics and 'jiggle-action' (if you've played DOA you know what I'm talking about).
3). Multi-tiered, fully destructible environments with locales such as various Toudou Gakuen spots, the highway surrounded by black mercedes benz cars, bowling alley/mall, the Natsume Residence, the Takayanagi Foundation, generic streets, the laundromat, etc.
4). 2 play modes: Tournament or Story. Tournament is just a basic fight game. Story allows you to follow a storyline with progressively difficult opponents, with bosses like Ryuuzaki, Mega Mitsuomi, Orochi Shin, etc. Defeating the bossess allow you to unlock extra outfits/ characters/ weapons/ moves/ environments.
5). Various playable characters (Jyuukenbu, enforcement groups) with their unique moves/ techniques and 'Chi attack' (a la Tao Feng)
6). Mini-games like "Pin the 'Kick Me' sign on Shiitake sensei" or "Aya Cooking Game" or even a bike race.

I can't possibly be the only one to see the beauty of this... I just can't. :cry:

Agent Wax[/i]
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Don't worry, I think it has the potential to be a great game as well.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

mmm~ hope they make sexy 2D design in that case *_*;;; like the GGX sprites....I feel like pixeling togheter a chara now TwT;;
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I totally agree. TJTG would make a great video game.

Has anyone seen the Himiko-den game? I haven't but, Oh! Great did the Character Designs for that game. And is himself a gamer (although he only talks about RPGs...)

I also prefer 2d games, but I'm old.

Not old school, just old.

fugu
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

I love 2d games !!
It will be great if TJTG will became a game like king of fighters !!
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Himikoden

Post by hitori »

A game sounds like a good idea! :lol:
A fighting game's good, but following the popular trend, how about a Collectible Card Game(CCG)??

I summon Takayanagi Mitsuomi !!
Since we are in "School Grounds" he, as the class president, gets TERRAIN BONUS of 5000!!
I also play a MAGIC CARD "Latex Suit" !!
The tight fitting biker suit gives Mitsuomi added defense and imposing looks!

Your Black Magician stands no chance before me, muwahahaha~! :lol: [kidding]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a side note:

http://www.ncsx.com/ncs031599/himiko.htm

Himikoden was a PS2 game released only in Japan.
It's a "Raising/Dating Simulation" RPG.
The objective is to train(raise) six unique women in their journey to become the Queen.
They each have distinct strengths and weaknesses which makes the game more interesting.
Along the way, you can "date" them.

It's baiscally a 2D game, but the backgrounds tend to be 3D-ish during battle sequences.
Graphics doesn't stand out very much, but the audio is good.
The voices are acted and the sound track, especially the main vocal theme held top spot in popular charts for a while.

I haven't played the whole game through so, from here on, it's second handed information. :?
The gameplay wasn't that great from what I hear.
There is no ecchi.
And the endings weren't very original.
But it did okay overall because of good marketing and merchandising.
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

I was thinking about this a while I thinking about 3D game where you would walk through the school and fight in class rooms and the hallway with a team kinda like the current chapters a the winners will become the enforcement group.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

I want Rival Schools Vs. Tenjo Tenge.

There's one more Vs. project for Capcom.

(I actually just want new beautiful RS art...)
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

Never played Rival Schools. But I almost bought it once and saw it had two discs... a fighter... with two discs?

Myself, Id prefer to see it with the graphics of Guilty Gear X2. And also, why not put in KOF? Yes! SNK vs Tenjo Tenge! Toss in some Samurai Shodown and Last Blade characters too! It can out after Capcom vs of course... or maybe a compilation, the best of all three worlds. But see, I want to go all out here. I want to see them fight DOA, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, GetBackers... an all out deathmatch man! Itll be great!
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

RS had 2 discs because 1 is the arcade fighting game (with great story mode), while the 2nd disc is the Create-A-Fighter RPG/boardgame disc.

Of course, for us st00pid Americans, Capcom decides that a RPG/boardgame supplemental is beyond our brutish reptilian brains, so only the fighting game disc is translated.

KoF etc doesn't fit. RS vs TT fits.

You should at least buy Rival Schools 2. It is a fun 2.5D fighter with great art. Of course... I play fighting games for different reasons... I like the story, art, character designs, and atmosphere... technically I'm only so so. :oops:
bad2dxtreme
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by bad2dxtreme »

TJTG would make a great game but i'd prefer if it was in an RPG style kinda like Final Fantasy only with different endings, so you choose the character you want to be and follow the story. How cool would that be, plus it'll have heaps of replay value...which seems to be lacking in games nowadays. Well this is what i think anyway :D
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

Mai vs. Maya.
Hmmmmm :roll:
Stride
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Stride »

I like the "jiggle-action" idea. :wink:

The fact that DOA wins the "greatest fighting babes" award is undeniable.
And they ARE still the undisputed champion.
Stride
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Stride »

Btw, I'd love to see Kasumi vs Maya.
I'm cheering for both! :D
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

and there would be 3 states of energy :

at the beginning, they are normal.
Exemple :
-Nagi, Masataka, bob, Bunshichi, Aya (....) are just combatants
- Maya has her small form

When the first is empty, the characters becomes different and more strong
exemple :
- Nagi becomes "Nagi in the vol 05 (against Mitsuomi)",
- Masataka becomes "Masataka with his dark frown"
- Bob becomes muscular
- Maya grows
- Bunshichi becomes "Double Impact Tawara"
- Aya uses the Dragon eyes
(...)

When the second is empty, the characters becomes different and extremely strong
exemple :
- Nagi becomes "Soichiro with Nagi's Family power (vol 09)"
- Bob becomes mad (vol 01 against Ryuzaki)
- Masataka becomes a Killer (vol 01 against Nagi)
- Maya becomes irritated (vol 03 against Isuzu)
- Aya uses "Reiki" with her dragon Eyes
- Bushichi becomes "Double Impact Tawara 100%" (^-^)

When the third is empty, the characters is KO

Between each "transformation" of the characters, there would be a small kinematics!
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

That sounds alright...

About the jiggle action. Dont you if any of you have played KOF lately... but it seems Mai stopped jiggling (Just from being in stance) in 2000. Its not in 2001 either. I havent played 2002, 03, or 04 (If there is one). Funny thing, everyone else still jiggles.

So, one on one or tag match here? And if its tag, like KOF, wouldnt it be cool to go to the old days where your partners were onscreen with you but doing something in the background?

No one said anything about the GetBackers idea...
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

I too was greatly saddened when it was decided that KoF team's partners not appear in the background. I feel that it was an extremely inconsiderate move by SNK. In trying to emulate something of Capcom's "technical hardcore" feel (by not having distractions), KoF lost something very important. :(
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

Wow. Didnt know they were trying to emulate Capcom by doing that. Just thought one day they said "Lets change it" as they are forever doing to it nowadays. 99 instroduced Strikers, so your posse can be four people. 00 introduced... wait, think that stayed the same. 01 introduced the switch. You can have four guys and no striker, or one guy and three strikers, whichever combo you want. Maybe half and half? Problem was, the striker gauge was also your special gauge. So by using a Striker, you lose the ability to do a special move, which really stunk.

But 00 and 01 are still my faves to date... since Ive only played up to 01. 96 is my fave for 90's. 99 was awful. An insult to the KOF name... Im so annoyed that they released that mess on PSX and not 00 or 01.

This is getting severely off topic. Im wondering here though. How would SNK not fit to fight against Tenjo Tenge? If Capcom does, surely SNK does. Never said Marvel though, I know thats just not gonna work.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

Wow. Didnt know they were trying to emulate Capcom by doing that.
Well... that's just my personal theory... I have a lot of those. :wink:
Hee, what do I know? :P
How would SNK not fit to fight against Tenjo Tenge? If Capcom does, surely SNK does.
Capcom itself doesn't fit. Rival Schools fit because the fighters are all from high schools! SNK doesn't have a game of high school fightin'. :(
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

Sure SNK does. Isnt KOF (Kyo, Benimaru, Shingo, Iori, so on...) a bunch of high schoolers? Now if you meant Last Blade and Samurai Shodown, right on man. Your right... I just said that cause I keep seeing these guys toting swords. But my Tenjo Tenge knowledge only extends to Volume 4. Anything beyond it, I havent read yet.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

i think the Tenjo Tenge should be a 3d game
not like street fighter alpha 3d, thats just 3d chars fighting 2d
i mean tekken 3d

all the throws and doges and feints, super moves too, jiggling, combos

i dont think it making it a TAG fighting is good, only because there arent many well developed fighters, so the game its self wouldnt have too many characters.

i mean yeah u can think of the typical ones : Ayay, Maya, Bob, Nagi, Masatak, Mitsuomi, Shin, Tawara, the wrestling dude, Emi,....uh...
cant think of anymore developed fighters

maybe that bruce lee dude would be good, he is cool, oh and the lightning chineese guy, fei-long i think.
and the dude with the stick .....

gah!
i need to review my tenjo tenge
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

Not a bad idea.

Did someone say anything about bringing in the DOA posse yet? Im still wondering why Kasumi and Ayane have schoolgirl outfits when their age in N/A and the people they hang with are early 20s. Beginning to think they just got out of school...
MisterX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: No! Tenjo Tenge Should be a video game!

Post by MisterX »

Agent_Wax wrote:... would make the perfect fighting game for Xbox.
i agree with the fact that tt would be a very good video game, but why for xbox? :?
HellSap
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by HellSap »

Mai has always retained the bounce, just not in america...
KOF characters were in HS, and are still in HS for the dream match... but 99 and 2k are when Kyo changes his outfit from school uniform, but shingo keeps his. Kyo/Beni has graduated most likely, and shingo is like a senior.

But indeed, TJTG wold make a good fighting game, and it would be awesome to have anything KOF related with it, but TJTG would make a much better 3d game, 2d just doesnt fit with the variety of fighting abilities, though it could be done...
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

3D eh? Give it the graphics of DOA3. Especially the throwing thing, where you can chuck people out windows and whatnot. But it should also have a tag battle option. 2D, the graphics of Guilty Gear X2, since everyone is raving about them. I havent played a new fighting game since Capcom vs SNK 2 I dont think...

Thought Kyo changed his outfit because of all that clone hubbub in 99. Though its about time he graduated. Last I heard he was 21 and still in high school. Shingo, Ive been wondering whats up with him. Seems to be emulating Kyo alot, even so far as to have his almost exact attacks (Which he sometimes cant pull off right, and without the flames, of course) and getting gloves identical to Kyos. Which I find funny too, cause Kyo recently dumped those gloves. Another thing thats odd. I heard those gloves were to keep his power in check. Anyways, what about K' and Kula? How old are they? And that clone posse in 01? Or maybe they dont count since their clones...

Whaddya mean Mai has the bounce? Im playing the arcade version man, and she doesnt bounce. She does during attacks, but not from just standing there like she used too. But for some odd reason, Blue Mary does. Makes no sense at all.
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

hmmmm
it seems that I'm somewhat alone here but I think that SNK vs. TT would OWN, especially since SNK is the best fighting game company ever (side note for all those people who liked KOF 01, it was made by KOREA, they can't do anything right and KOF 01 is the evidence, 00 all the way) but in reality I think they should have SNK vs. Manga, that way you could have hip people from and VERY extensive group on both sides. if each side had 50 characters, then that would OWN completely and utterly. And since it would clearly be a huge success (sorta being sarcastic here cause SNK did go backrupt) they could pour all thier money into it and give it graphics like Street Fighter 3 (which in my opinion has the best graphics of any fighting game ever since they are as - if not more so than - fluid as the GGXX graphics but they are 10 times more detailed) thus creting the PERFECT games, I would certainly buy it. and on a side note, Rivals Schools DEFINITELY should have been 2D. For all those who have played CVS2 you have to agree that Kyosuke, Hinata and Batsu ALL looked MUCH better in 2d than in 3d, 3D simply can't compete with 2D end of story! I'll put it this way, if the naruto fighting game for Gamecube is even remotely good than ANY TJTG game would own!
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

oh yeah KYO GAVE THE GLOVES TO SHINGO, get it, thats why Kyo doesn't have 'em and shingo does, it all makes sence. I can't wait for the King Of Fighters manga to come out, it's gonna own
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

um... i could make a Tenjo Tenge 2d rpg, but i need some one to help me.... if you are intrested, e-mail me at gir_clique@yahoo.com
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

help?
as in ..lets say, character art or something?
i can draw
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

help as in character art, story etc... but remember, it's 2d...
pip8184
Yuurei
Yuurei

>_<

Post by pip8184 »

blah blah blah, i haven't even read tenge yet >_<, thnx to fugu :p. hehehehe, been a while, fugu, how you been?

btw, i'd love jiggling games, no matter how the story's like :p
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Just thought that I would mention a disturbing trend in manga to video game translations at the moment...

first up is the Naruto fighting game for gamecube, it's a cell shaded 3D fighter reminiscent of Budokai, enough said

second are the get backers and One Peice RPGs for GBA, now I'm playing the get backers one and totally diggin it, but I'm not sure about the One Piece game.

in short I doubt that people are capable of making good manga to video game translatios at this time so we shouldn't encourage it
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

NVash wrote:Not a bad idea.

Did someone say anything about bringing in the DOA posse yet? Im still wondering why Kasumi and Ayane have schoolgirl outfits when their age in N/A and the people they hang with are early 20s. Beginning to think they just got out of school...
If I'ml not mistaken, Kasumi and Ayane are both suposed to be sixteen :)
MisterX wrote:
Agent_Wax wrote:... would make the perfect fighting game for Xbox.
i agree with the fact that tt would be a very good video game, but why for xbox? :?
I concurr, it's bad enough as it is that DOA has become an Xbox exclusive
GreatTeacherStone wrote:Just thought that I would mention a disturbing trend in manga to video game translations at the moment...

first up is the Naruto fighting game for gamecube, it's a cell shaded 3D fighter reminiscent of Budokai, enough said
Yup, I played an import version of Naruto once and all it took to kill an oponent was hitting the 'special move BUTTON' :roll: to take them down ...