Founding Families Title...

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Founding Families Title...

Post by Dominant Star »

I really really can't understand a bit about this...

Mitsuomi Takayangi - the leader of the 12 Founding Families, the head of the Takayanagi clan

Maya Natsume - the leader of the 6 Red Feather Founding Family Natsume Clan

Actually... how many exactly is this founding families???

Red Feathers??? Founding Family??? White Feathers???

Anyone can explain this to me???

Well... at any rate... is this also means Maya and Mitsoumi is the leader of another families??? Arghh... i don't even understand what i'm asking about... :shock: :?: :?: :?:
Signature - Do i need one???
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

The Takayanagi family (which Mitsuomi is the leader of) is the head of the 12 founding families( it is not one of the 12 there are 12 + the Takayanagis). There are 6 red feather families (there are also branch families but lets not get into that now) and 6 white feather families. Red feathers have the 8th gate dragon powers, whites don't. Maya is the head of one of the red feather families, the Natsumes. You should read the Ultra Jump Ten Ten special it explains it all. Though it's actually all pretty straight forward :wink:
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Ooouhuhuh...

I thought mitsuomi and Maya is the leader of all 12 (for Mitsuomi) and 6 (for Maya) families...
Signature - Do i need one???
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Founding Families Title...

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dominant Star wrote:I really really can't understand a bit about this...

Mitsuomi Takayangi - the leader of the 12 Founding Families, the head of the Takayanagi clan

Maya Natsume - the leader of the 6 Red Feather Founding Family Natsume Clan
Maybe I should have put a translation note in about that. Mitsuomi is the leader of the Takayangi clan, and hence the leader of the 12 Founding Families.

Maya Natsume is the head of the Natsume family, which is one of the 6 Red Feather Founding Families. That does not imply that she is the head of the 6 Red Feather Founding Families. I used a somewhat awkward noun phrase to indicate that - while perfectly valid - it is a bit confusing. In English, I don't think we would usually include the ordinal "6", so just "Red Feather Founding Family Natsume Clan", or I could have used an embedded relative clause perhaps. (leader of the Natsume Clan, one of the 6 Red Feather Founding Families) - yes, that would have been better.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea what fugu said. there are 12 feather families. 6 red feathers and 6 white feathers. The red feather family is the family who utilizes the 8th dragon gate such as the dragon's eye for natsume family or the dragon fist for the nagi family, etc..... Maya is the head of the natsume family while makiko-dono(souichirou's mom) is the head of the nagi family. the white feather family each specializes in some type of weapon from what I've seen and they are usually the hands on people. They work with military, navy, and other things like that. The red feather family are the Natsume, Nagi, Kago, Hotaru, Shyoujyou, and the Kabane. The white feathers are Ishiyumi, Tsumuji, Mawari, Kabuto, Kagiroi, and Wani. And the family who is on top of all this stuff is the takayanagi family. The takayanagi is basically the family that controls and brings order to the 12 feather families. if it were a 3 section pyramid, the takayanagi would be on the very top, the middle would be the feather families, and the bottom or base would be the branch families. Branch families are those who inherited the genes or blood of the original 12 feather families but are not originally from the 12 feather families. A branch family would be the enmi family. There is a bunch of branch families. Hope that clears things up a bit
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

err.... now I'm confused isn't Ishiyumi apart of the red feathers seeing how he has the dragon water crap... and also Tsumuji because he has the dragon claw.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well remember, everyone has 7 dragon gates and everyone can use the 7 dragon gates. Ishiyumi is a white feather. So Ishiyumi's was the water dragon and nagi stole that ho with his 8th dragon gate, the dragon fist. The 8th dragon gate is a red feather specific ability depending on which family you came from. Tsumiji family are experts at spears, but the reason for mataza for having the dragon's claw is because he also has some red feather blood running in him. Oh ok, mataza's mom was part of the Shyukyou family which is a branch family of the Kabane family. Basically his pops was a white feather and his mom was a branch family of the red feather. Hope that explains it. Had to research mataza's mom again.
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

I think i remember reading someplace...

is it true that ones... Natsume family's rank was the highest among all... and they were the leader of all 12 Founding Families... a little confius in my head bout' these stuff...

*And somehow i wonder... where did Maya and her sister Aya got money to make living??? Group's account??? What's that??? Hm??? are they some sort of rich girls or what???

And... sorry for my bad grammar... living here overseas really worsen my english...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Faust Am wrote:I think i remember reading someplace...

is it true that ones... Natsume family's rank was the highest among all... and they were the leader of all 12 Founding Families... a little confius in my head bout' these stuff...

*And somehow i wonder... where did Maya and her sister Aya got money to make living??? Group's account??? What's that??? Hm??? are they some sort of rich girls or what???

And... sorry for my bad grammar... living here overseas really worsen my english...
Mitsuomi said the Natsumes were once "born higher" than his family, whatever that means. It's at the end of Vol 3 right after Mits knocks Aya out.

In Vol 2 Aya told Chiaki any money their family once had was spent by the past generation and now all that's left is the house and land. They probably also have whatever money they inherited from their parents when they died.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea I remember that part. thats the lesbonic scene. Maybe maya charges for jyuukenbu membership. Monthly membership dues. Nagi must be behind. LOL!!!! j/k