C'mon ppl. Help out.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

spudzooka
Yuurei
Yuurei

C'mon ppl. Help out.

Post by spudzooka »

...righto, so I really think this'll be as useful as an online petition, (read: not at all useful) ...but...

...eh, at least this guy is making an organised effort.

:P spread the word, ppl.

http://digitalsin.bebopboard.net/index2.htm

[EDIT]

It's (quote):

"the unofficial campaign site
to convince DC CMX to release the manga as
originally released in Japan, with no censoring
or edits made to the artwork."l
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but why would DC care?

I mean it's a) an online petition, b) it's only been one volume thus far, c) it's not like TJTG is a major force in the market yet.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I don't think dc would care about the petition. they'll produce it no matter what and some people will buy it. Thats all they care about. Its not mainstream either so they wouldn't really care about a petition.
TeamJyukenbuu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by TeamJyukenbuu »

Well in the interest of being in business and making money, I hope DC/CMX will care. They may not care about the petition but the sales may force them to look over their marketing strategy. I mean grant it they invested money in the license and the publishing, they might as well sell enough to cut even otherwise I doubt they'd settle for losing money. It may take time since they may also be waiting for the geneon US dvds to come out and attempt to create some sort of marketing buzz then. And even then the demographic they are targeting are still hooked to Shounen Jump comics, yugioh, shaman king and the better titles.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

They might also decide that marketing to only mature readers might not be better than just dropping the title. Its a low possibility, but yeah, we might not have a english tenten at all.