Fight 82

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 82

Post by MrProphet »

It's out tomorrow, 3/19. 8)
Last edited by MrProphet on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

ouch, aya looks very sad or mad or something. Interesting. Can't wait!
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

i betcha it has to do with what Aya said last chapter....

looks like the fight's on!
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I hope this has something to do with the Dragon's Eye. I really, really hope so. The entire story so far was practically screaming that something about it should be addressed.

Uh, btw.. What did Aya say last chapter? :?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Not sure what he means, since Aya's been out of the picture since chapter 79.

Speaking of which. In that chapter Madoka teaches Maya some kind of a sword technique we never really saw, supposedly to use at the Tournament. Do you think Maya will fight with Reiki? Could be neat...
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

That pic doesnt say much for this chapter. I mean other then showing Aya sitting down in a pool of water which reflects a dragon. Maybe she comes in the pictoure in 82? I still wonder though how that love triangle is gonna resolve itself. Negi still has the hots for Maya and Aya is as blindly in love as ever. Definately cant wait till 82.
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

crud i meant Maya.

sorry boys.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hhv94 wrote:That pic doesnt say much for this chapter. I mean other then showing Aya sitting down in a pool of water which reflects a dragon. .
That's a really shiny floor, not a pool of water.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I want some Aya x Nagi action this chapter.

What if he ended up ripping off her arm ala Souhaku and Mama Nagi.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:I want some Aya x Nagi action this chapter.

Why would that ever happen? Anyway, even though I want the election tournement to start as quick as everyone else I'd love to see the whole backstory of Makiko and Souhaku.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:Speaking of which. In that chapter Madoka teaches Maya some kind of a sword technique we never really saw, supposedly to use at the Tournament. Do you think Maya will fight with Reiki? Could be neat...
Maya was always the more hand-to-hand out of the Natsume sisters. Personally, I think Aya would've benefited a lot from that more than Maya--since she seems to prefer holding on to a sword more--but hey, if it's going to be Maya and Reiki, that would be neat indeed.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Maya knows how to use the sword just fine. Remember her fight with Aya? Maya pretty much wiped the floor with Aya untill Bob interfered and told her to take it easy.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

kk1 wrote:

Why would that ever happen? Anyway, even though I want the election tournement to start as quick as everyone else I'd love to see the whole backstory of Makiko and Souhaku.
Aya goes crazy at some point because of the Dragon's Eye and Nagi has to take it from her? Like everyone's been saying, the events in the manga have been pretty circular.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

how did you guys know what Maya said last chapter, did the translation ever come out for 81?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yup. Fugu did his text translation.

PS Learn to use GMAO!
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

What's GMAO?

I can't find Fugu's translation on his site, it only goes to part of 79.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

solidis1 wrote:What's GMAO?

I can't find Fugu's translation on his site, it only goes to part of 79.
http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_13_Trans.html
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:
kk1 wrote:

Aya goes crazy at some point because of the Dragon's Eye and Nagi has to take it from her? Like everyone's been saying, the events in the manga have been pretty circular.
But Makiko has the "Dragon Fist" thus why he cut off her arm, if Nagi had to take out a body part he'd be pokin' her eye out like in Kill Bill vol2.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Again, that link only covers part of fight 80.

Where are you guys getting the rest?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

*whistles* stopping over the IRC channel, it's always nice to see some nicks from the board also haunting over there too....
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

moyism wrote:*whistles* stopping over the IRC channel, it's always nice to see some nicks from the board also haunting over there too....
Hm, now that I'm there... the chan is more silent than the one of my own board, absolutely fascinating. A whole bunch of people, and nobody talks X'D
Bomb me, please.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

We talk usually when the new chappy comes out.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

solidis1 wrote:Again, that link only covers part of fight 80.

Where are you guys getting the rest?
What about this? "Page 154 (Tenten081_27.JPG)"

GMAO is a Java based program. There is a whole forum dedicated to it. Go look for yourself!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

waiting for some sign of the raw=(
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Yea, when I go to mangatranslation and into the volume 13 translation by Fugu, it ends with fight 80.

What am I doing wrong? The IRC link doesn't work and where is GMAO?

I don't mean to make a fight 82 thread about something else, but I just wanted to know what's happening in 81 since Evil Genius isn't done with it yet.
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

I had the same problem the other day. Volume 13 ended at chapter 79, then I refreshed it and got up to chapter 80. And when I went back about half an hour later chaper 81 was there.
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

Does anyone have a link to this chapter raw? It's a shame its gonna be a while for someone to scan this chapter and have a translated copy available. :(
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

They usually come out in a day or two. Just keep checking the usual torrent resourses.

Have patience.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

yea yeah,but the last time we have it the same day,that was nice :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Sota wrote:yea yeah,but the last time we have it the same day,that was nice :lol:
I am grateful to see anything, seeing as this belongs to DC. :P
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

The raw's out: http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/

And it's a really fun chapter. Things are definitely starting to move.

Just a couple spoilers for the anxious.

1) Aya channels her Dragon and gets contacted by the spirit of one of the captive Feathers from Souhaku's mansion (a really hot naked chick). They go for a spirit joyride around the town. 8)

2) Kagurazaka makes a not so triumphant return. So does the mysterious chip, feat. DJ Masataka.

3) Maya pulls a Neo on Souhaku's shrine maidens, who, by the way, have a really hilarious altercation with Madoka. 8)

4) Maya, Nagi and Mitsuomi triple-team the aforementioned shrine maidens. Woohoo, that rocked.

5) The chapter ends with our guys discovering that naked Feather girl I was talking about before. Aya is also there in spirit.

A really nice "Let's have fun" chapter with lots of action and a thing I've been wating for a loooong, loooong time... a Maya/Nagi/Mitsuomi menage a trois. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by MrProphet on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

HOLY F@CKING SH&T!!!!!!! This chapter is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the translation. Dammit now I've gotta wait another month. There's so much building up that's going on.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Neat chapter. I wonder when Souhaku is going to come out and slaughter them all.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

I think the naked girl at the end is Makiko, from the past - Maya says that Makiko was confined in this room before (like Souichiro was). If you look at chapter 79, young Makiko was also wearing a headband. I think the woman who shows up to Aya is Makiko too (from the present?).

Hmm. Aya's trying hard not hesitate anymore, but still having trouble. She deliberately decided to stay and trust in Maya to bring back Souichiro, but is kinda eating herself up about Souichiro liking Maya.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I agree with you shouki that the woman at the end is the younger Makiko. However, I think the person who appears before Aya is actually her own dragon having taken on a mirror representation of Aya. Interesting how Aya's dragon appears white, whereas Souichirou's appears black.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

EliteF22 wrote:However, I think the person who appears before Aya is actually her own dragon having taken on a mirror representation of Aya.
When the "other" first appeared, I first thought it was a mirror of Aya. However, this other person doesn't quite speak like you'd expect of a mirror of Aya - a bit too seperate. But it's hard to say. Maybe Makiko sucked up a Dragon Eye user's power previously, so maybe she's connecting with Aya deliberately...

Or maybe Aya has some repressed memories. Maybe her power activated when younger due to events between Makiko and Souhaku for example, but got repressed. She does say at the end that she knows this place and time, and the person constrained there, so maybe she saw it when she was younger (with the Dragon Eye).
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I really like the recent chapters :P

Theres a whole lot of story moving along in 1 chapter, instead of slow love/angst crap.

This one does not let down. I can't wait to see what Kagurazuka said to Junior-kun. Still haven't seen any of Bob though :? .

I am still confused about the tournament, with the recent events, does it even matter anymore?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

If that's younger Makiko, she just got 1000x hotter in my book.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Ermmm... off topic a liltle...

Did BOB really join Mitsuomi????
Signature - Do i need one???
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Speculation is well and good, but can you logacally explain what a "younger Makiko" is doing there? A hairband long does not a Makiko make, yeees...

Unless the last shot is Aya's dream, it seems to me rather impossible.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

LOL this chapter is fucking hot man..... everyone has there drama right now. I wonder if masakata will get his ass kick for that chip since it has some pretty good info on it.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

nice chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that chick looks like makiko,i wonder if we gonna see a little about her past with sohaku,that would be nice=)
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

MrProphet wrote:Speculation is well and good, but can you logacally explain what a "younger Makiko" is doing there? A hairband long does not a Makiko make, yeees...

It's not just the headband. In the scene right before, we learn that Makiko had been confined there. Look at chapter 78 page 8 - Souichiro is strung up in the same place.

The last two pages is (highly likely) to be Aya looking back in time with her Dragon's Eye. She/that seems to get associated with water, hence the impression of diving in...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
MrProphet wrote:Speculation is well and good, but can you logacally explain what a "younger Makiko" is doing there? A hairband long does not a Makiko make, yeees...

It's not just the headband. In the scene right before, we learn that Makiko had been confined there. Look at chapter 78 page 8 - Souichiro is strung up in the same place.

The last two pages is (highly likely) to be Aya looking back in time with her Dragon's Eye. She/that seems to get associated with water, hence the impression of diving in...
Yeah, Aya's Dragon is a mirror of herself and the chick at the end is Aya seeing the past (which is Makiko), just look at 2 pages before when Maya looks at the exact same spot, no one is there.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Interesting. So current Makiko is reaching to Aya. They explore the past together. Makiko reveals to Aya what happened to her at Souhaku's place by showing Aya her younger self? Or at least, is planning to.

Makes a little sence, since Dragon Eye is supposed to be able to see both the past and the future.

I guess we'll learn more in the translation.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Interesting. So current Makiko is reaching to Aya. They explore the past together. Makiko reveals to Aya what happened to her at Souhaku's place by showing Aya her younger self? Or at least, is planning to.

Makes a little sence, since Dragon Eye is supposed to be able to see both the past and the future.

???? Current Makiko? She's not there at all, that's the Dragon's eye personified as a naked Aya. You see the dragon swirl around Aya and then change shape into a reflection of her.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

MrProphet wrote:Interesting. So current Makiko is reaching to Aya. They explore the past together. Makiko reveals to Aya what happened to her at Souhaku's place by showing Aya her younger self? Or at least, is planning to.

and remember not only past and future,present too ;),but aya is looking at the past from what we can see in the last pages of chapter 82

now i wonder,what going on with the chip that masataka have,and why izusu is so piss off :O
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

KK1, that seems to be correct. But Ogure's portrayal of naked chicks confuses the hell out of me... Unless it's a loli-bait like Madoka, they all look rather similar.

But yes, you are correct.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

That was a pretty cool chapter. I thought they'd just waltz out, like they seemed to just waltz in out of nowhere. Though, it would've been even cooler if Ishiyumi and Pantsless girl joined in on the action. There fighting styles are alot cooler...especially the 2nd one. :oops:

Still no Bob. Man, I wonder how he's gonna heal up, get some Mitsumi training and become a badass Enforcer in time for the Tournament?