Character description

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:35 am

Dark_Harlequin wrote:Nagi doesn't posess the dragon fist.
Um, have you not been paying attention? The Nagi 8th dragon ability is the dragon's fist or also called the dragon punch. It's what allows Souchirou to steal Ishiyumi's dragon. You should check the UltraJump special if you don't remember.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:44 am

Woa. Really? :shock:
I mentioned this, but I called it the exorcism fist.
but now ypu mention it, it's realy the same as the ability of his Mother. thanks ;)
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo
Contact:

Re: Natsume Aya

Post by Natsume Maya » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:57 am

Natsume Aya

Image

Full name: Natsume Aya (volume 1)
Fighting style: Natsume Goushin Ryu (Ultrajump digest)
Special abilities: Ryuugan (Dragon Eyes) (volume 1)
Techniques used: flicker jab (volume 1), Natsume Ryu Konjutsu Kojiri Gaeshi (Natsume Ryu Art of the Rod, Scabbard-tip Riposte) (volume 3)
Positions: member of Jyuukenbu (volume 1), 1st year student of Toudou Gakuen
Character and traits: more feminine than her sister Maya, will do anything for Nagi Souichirou (UJ digest)
Family: father Kaima (deceased) (volume 7), mother Miya (deceased) (volume 10), older brother Shin (deceased) (volume 4), older sister Maya (volume 1), fiance Nagi Souichirou (against his will) (volume 1)
Age: 15 (Ultrajump magazine)
Birthday: 10 March (Ultrajump magazine)
Height : 162cm (Ultrajump magazine)
Weight: 43kg (Ultrajump magazine)
Three sizes : 96-50-81 (Ultrajump magazine); 91-59-88 (visual assessment by Sugano Kagesada, volume 9)
Bloodtype: AB (Ultrajump magazine)

Edit: additional three sizes suggested by Sota

Edit 2: added techniques used

Edit 3: added volume references
Last edited by Natsume Maya on Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:03 am

Sorry. Confused it with maya :P
Last edited by Dark_Harlequin on Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo
Contact:

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by Natsume Maya » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:10 am

kk1 wrote:How about adding her ki power comes from wood?
Good point. I'll add that too.
Dark_Harlequin wrote:
Natsume Maya wrote:
Dark_Harlequin wrote:Bunshichi
<snip>
Higth: 190 cm
Weight: about 90 KG
Where did you get stats for those characters from? I don't recall seeing them before.
Just took what you wrote about Maya and looked at the Manga how much smaller/taller the persons are.
With the weight I just guesed. but look at bunshichi or Mitsuomi. They don't look like light weights ;)
Where your figures are just personal estimates, it might be a good idea to state this expressly.
Dark_Harlequin wrote:
kk1 wrote:
nickname: "Demon" Exorcist.
Birthday May 8th, height 165 cm(5'5")( which contradicts a picture from the same volume where it looks like he's 155cm), weight 58 kg(128 lbs), chest 82 cm, reach 158 cm, Nagi's stats were given in vol 10.
Power is the "Dragon Fist" which absorbs the dragons of other people.
From the Nagi family he has the ability to tap the unlimited "ki" of the Black Dragon and when fighting opens the red belt earth dragon gate which can channel electricity (when in contact with the ground). Has absorbed the ability to use Ishiyumi's water dragon.
Before joining the Jyukenbou he and Bob were known as the "Knuckle Bomb"
No the heigth and weight is correct. In Volume 10 Mataza tells us his heigth and weight ( and by the way the power of his punches ;) ).
kk1 is correct. You have transcribed the height from volume 10 incorrectly. It should be 165cm.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)

User avatar
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Old Europe.
Contact:

Post by Isuzu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:44 am

kk1 wrote:Started as one of Shin's body guards, and when was she degraded by Bunshichi?
Where was she one of Shin's body guards? oO The only time when they're seen together in the manga is the scene where Fu captured her and Mana and lured Maya into that trap, just to make Shin freak out. :?

And about the degraded-thingie - that just was a false translation. In German, the word is "degradieren", and I was just thinking that the English expression would be close to it as it is most often, but here I was fooled by a 'false friend' - the word I should have used is "to abase" or "to demote" - and she got abased by Bunshichy after the incident at the bowling alley. At least in the German translation... I just took a look into Fugu's translation, and there, Bunshichi tells her that she'll lose her position if she does keep up raising her head. Mhh... I don't know which translation is correct there. For further reference, it's on page 196 in volume three.
Her technique is called the Shadow blade(where a thrown blade is hidden from view behind another blade). And as for her fat she folds it inside her body along with whatever else she wants too. And that's not why she consumes all that food, she's just a glutton and that's why she is so fat, but even larger than her appetite is her vanity to the point where she can maintain her slim form even when badly wounded.
Hmm. Without eating that much, she would not have enough fat to mold to hide these weapons, would she? :D

And the other thing... some people call it vanity, some people call it determination. I'll go with determination, as it is quite normal that a person who has abilities like her would not like to see the public how she really looks like. That's also the reason why so many girls wear makeup.
Plus... if I imagine myself in her position, I'd probably do the same to avoid insults for me being such a fatty. Schools are quite cruel places where people don't think about how other persons may feel when getting yelled at, so in my opinion, it's more an act of self-protection in some way.


Nickname: French-bread head( because of her unique hairstyle).
ANd her name isn't Emily it's Emi, that's not a nickname.


Hmmm hmm... I thought I'd read something about Emi being a short form of Emily somewhere else, but I can't name the source as it's quite a long time ago, so I guess you're right there.
Image
Bomb me, please.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:49 am

Isuzu wrote:
kk1 wrote:Started as one of Shin's body guards, and when was she degraded by Bunshichi?
Where was she one of Shin's body guards? oO The only time when they're seen together in the manga is the scene where Fu captured her and Mana and lured Maya into that trap, just to make Shin freak out. :?
Whoops, I meant Mitsuomi's :oops:
It's from the Ultra Jump Special, "She started as one of Takayanagi's body guard and became the lone flower of the enforcement group."

Her technique is called the Shadow blade(where a thrown blade is hidden from view behind another blade). And as for her fat she folds it inside her body along with whatever else she wants too. And that's not why she consumes all that food, she's just a glutton and that's why she is so fat, but even larger than her appetite is her vanity to the point where she can maintain her slim form even when badly wounded.
Isuzu wrote: Hmm. Without eating that much, she would not have enough fat to mold to hide these weapons, would she? :D

.
Still that's not why she eats that much, she just likes to eat. :P

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by kk1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:31 am

Natsume Maya wrote:
kk1 wrote:How about adding her ki power comes from wood?
Good point. I'll add that too.

.
I really should think of this all at once but anyway, under powers Maya can also do the "forged needle attack".

Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Chile

Re: Natsume Aya

Post by Sota » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:47 pm

Natsume Maya wrote:Natsume Aya

Image

Full name: Natsume Aya
Fighting style: Natsume Goushin Ryu
Special abilities: Ryuugan (Dragon Eyes)
Positions: member of Jyuukenbu, 1st year student of Toudou Gakuen
Character and traits: more feminine than her sister Maya, will do anything for Nagi Souichirou
Family: father Kaima (deceased), mother Miya (deceased), older brother Shin (deceased), older sister Maya, fiance Nagi Souichirou (against his will)
Age: 15
Birthday: 10 March
Height : 162cm
Weight: 43kg
Three sizes : 96-50-81
Bloodtype: AB
aya thee sizes in vol 9
91 59 88 by asshat naked eye =P

User avatar
hitori
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Toudou Gakuen

Re: Natsume Aya

Post by hitori » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:13 pm

Sota wrote:
Natsume Maya wrote:Natsume Aya
Three sizes : 96-50-81
Bloodtype: AB
aya thee sizes in vol 9
91 59 88 by asshat naked eye =P
Haha, much less flattering measurements...:D

37 inches at age 15...... average American women have 35 inch bust according to http://www.genderweb.org/general/ave_bo.phtml =P

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 pm

Hey guys,

this is really great. I think I'll try to add a field to the XML translations that have character information that is basically just a text area for HTML dump. Then I can integrate this into my character lists pretty easily. Also, improvements in the list are to just list the volumes that each character appears in (with a pop-up that shows page numbers) to remove those huge lists.

But, I'm super busy, so these changes might not show up for a month or three.

User avatar
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo
Contact:

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by Natsume Maya » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:43 pm

kk1 wrote:I really should think of this all at once but anyway, under powers Maya can also do the "forged needle attack".
When I typed up my description for Maya, I envisioned "special abilities" as something special/supernatural that ordinary people couldn't obtain, eg Ryuugan. The point was made in the manga that Maya has no special ability, whereas Shin and Aya have.

I had thought of adding stuff like the forged needle attack, but under a different category of waza. However, I couldn't be bothered at this point going through all the volumes of the manga to check all of the techniques used by Maya :)
Sota wrote:aya thee sizes in vol 9
91 59 88 by asshat naked eye =P
I got my figures from an old issue of Ultrajump magazine, but I'll add those details as well. Thanks.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by kk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:44 am

Natsume Maya wrote:
kk1 wrote:I really should think of this all at once but anyway, under powers Maya can also do the "forged needle attack".
When I typed up my description for Maya, I envisioned "special abilities" as something special/supernatural that ordinary people couldn't obtain, eg Ryuugan. The point was made in the manga that Maya has no special ability, whereas Shin and Aya have.

I had thought of adding stuff like the forged needle attack, but under a different category of waza. However, I couldn't be bothered at this point going through all the volumes of the manga to check all of the techniques used by Maya :)
.
Ehh, I thought that was unique enough since so far only Mitsuomi, Shin, Nagi and Maya (and possibly Aya)have been able to pull it off, and besides them only Masataka and Dougen have shown the abilty to use ki attacks. And besides that as far as I know only one other attack of hers was named, Natsume Style Kongou Hatsu Shiki (Adamantine 8 strikes) Mt Taishan Avalanche, during her fight with Emi. And her ability to become chibi is called Natsume-style Form Refinement Technique.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Re: Natsume Aya

Post by kk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:49 am

hitori wrote:
Sota wrote:
Natsume Maya wrote:Natsume Aya
Three sizes : 96-50-81
Bloodtype: AB
aya thee sizes in vol 9
91 59 88 by asshat naked eye =P
Haha, much less flattering measurements...:D

37 inches at age 15...... average American women have 35 inch bust according to http://www.genderweb.org/general/ave_bo.phtml =P
Not necessarily, it all depends on cupsize, as a c cup girl with a 35 inch bust will have bigger boobs than a fat chick with lots of backfat and a b cup with a 37 inch bust. :wink:

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:33 am

Not as flattering? The girl is dirt skinny, with a bust like that it'd be pretty impressive. I still don't know how Maya and Aya support their breasts without having major back problems.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:11 am

EliteF22 wrote:Not as flattering? The girl is dirt skinny, with a bust like that it'd be pretty impressive. I still don't know how Maya and Aya support their breasts without having major back problems.
They can slice boulders with swords and twigs, you don't think they can strengthen their back muscles to support their own breasts? o_O

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:06 am

Natsume Maya wrote:
kk1 wrote:How about adding her ki power comes from wood?
Good point. I'll add that too.
Dark_Harlequin wrote:
Natsume Maya wrote: Where did you get stats for those characters from? I don't recall seeing them before.
Just took what you wrote about Maya and looked at the Manga how much smaller/taller the persons are.
With the weight I just guesed. but look at bunshichi or Mitsuomi. They don't look like light weights ;)
Where your figures are just personal estimates, it might be a good idea to state this expressly.
Well if you think they arn't exact enough ok. I'll do this later. I'm a bit buissy now
Natsume Maya wrote:
Dark_Harlequin wrote:
kk1 wrote:
nickname: "Demon" Exorcist.
Birthday May 8th, height 165 cm(5'5")( which contradicts a picture from the same volume where it looks like he's 155cm), weight 58 kg(128 lbs), chest 82 cm, reach 158 cm, Nagi's stats were given in vol 10.
Power is the "Dragon Fist" which absorbs the dragons of other people.
From the Nagi family he has the ability to tap the unlimited "ki" of the Black Dragon and when fighting opens the red belt earth dragon gate which can channel electricity (when in contact with the ground). Has absorbed the ability to use Ishiyumi's water dragon.
Before joining the Jyukenbou he and Bob were known as the "Knuckle Bomb"
No the heigth and weight is correct. In Volume 10 Mataza tells us his heigth and weight ( and by the way the power of his punches ;) ).
kk1 is correct. You have transcribed the height from volume 10 incorrectly. It should be 165cm.


Realy. I checked it 3 times. Then the German Version is diffrent from yours. Sorry :oops: :? :D
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:17 am

Ok

With this, I Dark_Harlequin, declaire that I have only estimated the higth and weight of all characters, except soichiro Nagi, that were described by me.


ok now Natsume Maya? :wink:
Last edited by Dark_Harlequin on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo
Contact:

Re: Natsume Maya

Post by Natsume Maya » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:57 pm

kk1 wrote:And besides that as far as I know only one other attack of hers was named, Natsume Style Kongou Hatsu Shiki (Adamantine 8 strikes) Mt Taishan Avalanche, during her fight with Emi. And her ability to become chibi is called Natsume-style Form Refinement Technique.
Okay, I'll add techniques employed in a moment.

Re Nagi description:
Dark_Harlequin wrote:
Natsume Maya wrote:kk1 is correct. You have transcribed the height from volume 10 incorrectly. It should be 165cm.


Realy. I checked it 3 times. Then the German Version is diffrent from yours. Sorry :oops: :? :D
The Japanese version states height as 165cm.
Dark_Harlequin wrote:Ok

With this, I Dark_Harlequin, declaire that I have only estimated the higth and weight of all characters, except soichiro Nagi, that where described by me.


ok now Natsume Maya? :wink:
Not quite what I had in mind :) It'll be up to Fugu in the end. I just thought that if the character descriptions are to be used as a reference, then it should be made clear if any details have been made up (to avoid any confusion as to what is "official" information and what isn't).
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)

Shekhinah
Yuurei
Yuurei
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: Somewhere in my Heart

Post by Shekhinah » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:50 pm

Just wondering, What does the Danjou in Natsume Danjou Maya mean?

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:54 am

Shekhinah wrote:Just wondering, What does the Danjou in Natsume Danjou Maya mean?
It's a type of pear. :wink:

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:41 am

kk1 wrote:
Shekhinah wrote:Just wondering, What does the Danjou in Natsume Danjou Maya mean?
It's a type of pear. :wink:
It could be. I personally don't know. Same as Shindayuu in Inue's name I guess.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:15 am

@ Natsume Maya
Well yea, you're right. But it looks a birt stupid if for some Persons te heigt and weight are given and for others not. Perhaps we just leave it the way it is and you tell me when you think I am wrong ok? ;)
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:57 am

FuguTabetai wrote:
kk1 wrote:
Shekhinah wrote:Just wondering, What does the Danjou in Natsume Danjou Maya mean?
It's a type of pear. :wink:
It could be. I personally don't know. Same as Shindayuu in Inue's name I guess.
I was just kidding. :lol: The only one who's had his honorific explained was Nagi, Kengo means he the legitimate heir to his family, so I'd assume that's what everyone else's means too.

User avatar
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo
Contact:

Post by Natsume Maya » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Shekhinah wrote:Just wondering, What does the Danjou in Natsume Danjou Maya mean?
If you're asking "what is the significance of having a middle name?" I don't know. As kk1 suggests, perhaps Danjou is a hereditary name similar to Kengo. IIRC, in the past nobles etc sometimes had middle names/titles, though I don't think those names were passed on to children.

(Edit: kk1, I didn't think Kengo signified that Souichirou was heir to the family. I thought it was merely a name passed down in the family; that it signified that he was a legitimate child of the family.)

If you're asking "what does the word Danjou mean?" I did a bit more looking around. I assume it's only ever used as a name, so finding the meaning is tough. "Dan" can mean "to shoot, to launch", so perhaps one way of reading the name may be "to send out/to spread justice/righteousness".
Dark_Harlequin wrote:@ Natsume Maya
Well yea, you're right. But it looks a birt stupid if for some Persons te heigt and weight are given and for others not.
I don't think it would look stupid that way. It would simply show what information is known and what isn't.

But if Fugu doesn't agree, he can always just leave out those stats out in the final version.
Perhaps we just leave it the way it is and you tell me when you think I am wrong ok? ;)
I don't think it's a matter of what you think or I think. To me, it's a matter of what a third person reading the description would think - if nothing else is stated, would they believe that such statistics are "official" information.

Also, sorry, but I'm not going to check all the descriptions in detail. I'll just take care of the Natsume sisters :)
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:37 am

I would prefer that the descriptions only have official information. Actually, if you know what volume the info came from, that would be nice to know as well. The way I'm coding up the system is that each volume will have a description (so I can make separate descriptions of Mitsuomi in the past and current arc) that is specific to each volume. The final description using all the translation files will just collect the information on a per-volume basis, with a little note saying what comes from where.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:26 am

So we should do a description for every Volume?

Only the heigth and weight are unofficial. Just cut it out :wink:
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:22 am

Thanks for all the great help. I've updated the Volume 1 Characters page, and will slowly get around to updating the other volumes (up next: Volume 2.)

Please check out http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html and see if the information is correct.

I really would like to thank Natsume Maya and MrProphet for the great information.

Dark_Harlequin, thanks for your effort, but I have to admit that it was very hard for me to figure out what is official and what isn't. Also, there were some spelling errors in your descriptions. I still appreciate it though!

Actually, since I've got the code in GMAO, now it is just a matter of putting the information in. So I've also been re-generating the main characters page. Comments on the content and style are appreciated.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:11 pm

In Nagi's powers, he can absorb anyone's dragon not just red feathers as Ishiyumi is from a white feather not a red feather family. He also aborbed Shizuru's power as she confirmed in chap 80 when she said she can't use it any more.

User avatar
moyism
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:47 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Post by moyism » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:46 am

^ wait, where did it ever say Nagi can't absorb red feather dragons' powers? I thought all dragons (red or white) were game?

Otherwise... his father's plan to use Nagi would be kind of useless.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:47 am

Does Shizuru even have a dragon? I thought she was just good with her legs.

I mean, Souhaku did say: "Good dragon!", but since when is kicking a supernatural ability?

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:15 am

kk1 wrote:In Nagi's powers, he can absorb anyone's dragon not just red feathers as Ishiyumi is from a white feather not a red feather family. He also aborbed Shizuru's power as she confirmed in chap 80 when she said she can't use it any more.
I thought Ishiyumi was a red feather - he's the son of Ishiyumi (old dude with the mohawk, I think) who was the representative of that branch of Red feathers. Then again, it is easy for me to get confused between Red and White (Access to the special 8th Dragon vs. martial artists) and it is hard to keep track of all the info that Oh! Great throws at us. That's why it would be nice to get this stuff nailed down in the character lists...

I don't know that Shidzuru had any power other than just running fast, leaping, and kicking. That didn't sound like a dragon-based ability to me, and when Kago said "Nice dragon" I think he was being sarcastic, or at least not speaking literally.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:05 am

FuguTabetai wrote:
kk1 wrote:In Nagi's powers, he can absorb anyone's dragon not just red feathers as Ishiyumi is from a white feather not a red feather family. He also aborbed Shizuru's power as she confirmed in chap 80 when she said she can't use it any more.
I thought Ishiyumi was a red feather - he's the son of Ishiyumi (old dude with the mohawk, I think) who was the representative of that branch of Red feathers. Then again, it is easy for me to get confused between Red and White (Access to the special 8th Dragon vs. martial artists) and it is hard to keep track of all the info that Oh! Great throws at us. That's why it would be nice to get this stuff nailed down in the character lists...

I don't know that Shidzuru had any power other than just running fast, leaping, and kicking. That didn't sound like a dragon-based ability to me, and when Kago said "Nice dragon" I think he was being sarcastic, or at least not speaking literally.
Yeah right guy but he is a white feather.
And about Shizuru from page 126 of your own translation
Bubble 5 Character: Kamura Shidzuru

(English by fugu) I can't open my Dragon's Gate ... !!! :wink:

Fugu I don't know why you don't just use the UJ special, except for the newest characters and latest revelations it has nice short character descriptions for everyone.

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:45 am

kk1 wrote: Yeah right guy but he is a white feather.
And about Shizuru from page 126 of your own translation
Bubble 5 Character: Kamura Shidzuru

(English by fugu) I can't open my Dragon's Gate ... !!! :wink:

Fugu I don't know why you don't just use the UJ special, except for the newest characters and latest revelations it has nice short character descriptions for everyone.
I'll use the Ultra Jump special - that's a good idea. They don't have those capsules for all the characters, and I think the people here know a lot about Tenjo Tenge and can do a better job. Just fooling around, I think I did a good job with Reiki, that gathers a lot of information in one convenient place. And Fu Chi'en.

Anyway, I thought it might be a bit fun for people, especially those that have a favorite character or two.

And, I think by now that everyone should know that while I do translate Tenjo Tenge, I don't have a great memory for the intricacies of the story.

As for Shidzuru, I think that she's talking about one of the 7 normal Dragon's Gates (Chakra) that everyone has access to. If I had to guess, I would say it is the Wind gate, I don't know if that was said, or just the impression I got from the fleet of foot / deer motif. Anyway.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:09 am

FuguTabetai wrote: Dark_Harlequin, thanks for your effort, but I have to admit that it was very hard for me to figure out what is official and what isn't. Also, there were some spelling errors in your descriptions. I still appreciate it though!
:?: :?: :?: Like I told you before. everything except the heigth and the weight is official. What's the problem? :?: :(

But the Character page of Volume 1 is great now :D

tell me who is missing for the other Volumes ( and I'll only use official Information ) :wink:

Btw. What do the Questionmarks at the beginning of the characters stand for?
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:57 am

Dark_Harlequin wrote: :?: :?: :?: Like I told you before. everything except the heigth and the weight is official. What's the problem? :?: :(
I'm trying to put in official information for all the characters. I am doing some on my own, some from here, and some from the UJ special. I get confused if there are some things that are official, and some that aren't.
Dark_Harlequin wrote: tell me who is missing for the other Volumes ( and I'll only use official Information )
Check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html - that has all the characters on it, and I've been keeping it updated.
Dark_Harlequin wrote: Btw. What do the Questionmarks at the beginning of the characters stand for?
Put your browser into UTF-8 encoding. They are the names in Japanese.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:19 am

FuguTabetai wrote:
kk1 wrote:

As for Shidzuru, I think that she's talking about one of the 7 normal Dragon's Gates (Chakra) that everyone has access to. If I had to guess, I would say it is the Wind gate, I don't know if that was said, or just the impression I got from the fleet of foot / deer motif. Anyway.
Right, that was my point about Nagi he can steal just the regular gates (like Isshiyumi's)not just red feather ones.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:52 pm

I have already described Kurai.

I'll also take care of Mataza soon.

Sorry for some gramar or spelling mistakes but I am from Germany and english therefore is not my maternal language. :? In addition a lot of things in TT are spelled and written very different from the english or the Japaneese version. so sorry for that :(
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
moyism
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:47 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Post by moyism » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:47 pm

^^ wait wait. I'm personally still having problems seeing Nagi being able to steal *only* white feather dragon gates.

kk1, if you can, can you point out where in the manga it specifically mentioned that Nagi's can only "eat" white feather (7 standard gates) dragons? Otherwise I see no reason Nagi can't take an red feather's dragon ability. :P

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:44 pm

moyism wrote:^^ wait wait. I'm personally still having problems seeing Nagi being able to steal *only* white feather dragon gates.

kk1, if you can, can you point out where in the manga it specifically mentioned that Nagi's can only "eat" white feather (7 standard gates) dragons? Otherwise I see no reason Nagi can't take an red feather's dragon ability. :P
I think he can take them all. It is a bit strange though - I assume that everyone has a water gate. Do they all have water dragons? Does everyone with access to their water gate get the same ability that Ishiyumi has (I doubt it) - so it sounds like Nagi steals abilities. Or maybe the Dragons get used to working in a certain manner, and he takes the Dragon, which manifests itself as the ability.

What happens if he steals two water dragons? Anyway, I'm sure Oh! Great is playing a bit fast and loose with the rules, but that's cool. He has been remarkably self-consistent from what I've seen and read, particularly in the TT UJ Special.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:30 pm

Two water dragons would for sure break the limits of his body.
even the one water Dragon, His own dragon and Matazas nearly killed him :roll:
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
moyism
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:47 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Post by moyism » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:32 pm

Dark_Harlequin wrote:Two water dragons would for sure break the limits of his body.
even the one water Dragon, His own dragon and Matazas nearly killed him :roll:
well, not anymore thanks to his AWESOME FATHER'S training. :shock: :twisted:

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:48 pm

Just because we haven't seen Souichirou use Mataza's gate doesn't mean he didn't eat it. He could put together some awesome combos with just the abilities he has. If he eats a dragon he already has I think it just pumps that dragon up more along with taking the ability that the person he stole it from knows. Plus, he closes his victims gate. As long as he remains in control his life won't be in danger. It's when he loses control and the dragon takes over that the dragon tries to consume him and free itself.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:55 pm

moyism wrote:^^ wait wait. I'm personally still having problems seeing Nagi being able to steal *only* white feather dragon gates.
The regular gates are not limited to White Feathers, everyone can achieve them depending on training.

I would also assume that each person's training would be centered on one specific gate, since it's impossible to train in ALL styles and techniques at the same time, rather people usually focus on one fighting style.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:20 pm

moyism wrote:^^ wait wait. I'm personally still having problems seeing Nagi being able to steal *only* white feather dragon gates.

kk1, if you can, can you point out where in the manga it specifically mentioned that Nagi's can only "eat" white feather (7 standard gates) dragons? Otherwise I see no reason Nagi can't take an red feather's dragon ability. :P
Didn't say he could, I was saying he can take any gate not just red feather gates, like Fugu had in his description.

edit:and going by my new theory (see one post down) that's wrong too :P
Last edited by kk1 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:37 am

FuguTabetai wrote:
moyism wrote:^^ wait wait. I'm personally still having problems seeing Nagi being able to steal *only* white feather dragon gates.

kk1, if you can, can you point out where in the manga it specifically mentioned that Nagi's can only "eat" white feather (7 standard gates) dragons? Otherwise I see no reason Nagi can't take an red feather's dragon ability. :P
I think he can take them all. It is a bit strange though - I assume that everyone has a water gate. Do they all have water dragons? Does everyone with access to their water gate get the same ability that Ishiyumi has (I doubt it) - so it sounds like Nagi steals abilities. Or maybe the Dragons get used to working in a certain manner, and he takes the Dragon, which manifests itself as the ability.

What happens if he steals two water dragons? Anyway, I'm sure Oh! Great is playing a bit fast and loose with the rules, but that's cool. He has been remarkably self-consistent from what I've seen and read, particularly in the TT UJ Special.
It seems all eating other dragons does is make Nagi's black dragon more powerful and takes away their power to open their gate(notice it always says he can absorb their "power" not their gate). So maybe Isshiyumi, Mataza, and Shizuru all still have their gates but they lost the power it takes to open them, whereas Nagi now has the power to open more of his own gates, which is why we've only seen Nagi use the water dragon (everyone has that gate) notice how he uses it is different than how Isshiyumi did, and why we haven't seen him use Mataza's because Nagi still only has his original 8 gates. If he took Mataza's gate wouldn't that give him 9? Since Mataza's is a unique 8th gate, and its never been said anyone has or can have more than 8. I used to think it was implied Tetsuhito had more than one 8th gate but now that I think about it we haven't seen Hotaru's kid and Tetsuhito just must be his son and able to also open another of the regular 7 gates. Now that I reread it they said they think he has the power of Nagi, the power of demon exorcists, which isn't the 8th gate dragon fist but the ability to channel the energy of the black dragon and use that ki to open multiple gates.
So to recap my theory, Nagi absorbs energy with the dragon fist and because he can channel the unlimited energy of the black dragon (which is the power of demon exorcists) he can open multiple gates (so far we've seen him open 3, his 8th gate, the earth gate and the water gate). So I would assume the reason other people can't open more than one gate is because they don't have enough energy. (they open the one they're most attuned to and requires the least energy) and why people whose energy Nagi has absorbed can no longer open their gate, they no longer have enough energy. So for instance Isshyumi still has his gate just not the energy to open it, and Nagi still only has 8 gates, he doesn't absorb the person's gate just the power required to open it. (which is why we won't see him using Mataza's power, Mataza still has his gate but lost his energy). Nagi is like a battery that can store unlimted energy which can open more than 1 gate but everyone else is limited to a finite amount that's only enough to open 1 gate. If you look at in the gates and dragon terms,each gate has a dragon, you feed the dragon energy and it opens the gate, Nagi's dragon eats their dragon so they still have the gate but not the dragon to open it.
And I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Tetsuhito(look for him to attack the Jukenbou next) is Hotaru's kid(she's the right age) and somehow has the power of demon exorcists (the ability to tap the unlimited ki of the black dragon) so he too can open multiple gates, his 8th (the dragon's palm) and the other 7. How's that? 8)

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:03 am

We've discussed this quite extensively in another thread before and if you go back and read the manga's description of Tetsuhito it says that he's similar to Souichirou in that he can open multiple gates. It does not imply that he has the same dragon as Souichirou. With intermarrying of families it is very possible that he can inherit two different types of gates. The demon exorcists dragon is unique in that it can close an opponents gate while stealing that dragon's abilities, therefore making itself stronger and allowing its user to gain the abilities of their opponent. If you look at it this way, then it is very possible for Souichirou to have eaten Mataza's dragon. His black dragon would just assimilate that dragon into itself.

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:16 am

Well, I'm not sure about having two Water Dragons, but I'm pretty sure that each person has access to all main 7 Gates, except that each also has one that they're most associated with--which is why among the 7th Gate users so far, only one Gate is ever used, (Ryuuzaki - fire, Fu Chien - earth, Ishiyumi - water) and which also makes opening multiple Gates such a big deal. I mean, why is it that Kagiroi and Nagi are treated as a special case--if anyone willing to put up with the time can train to one day open all 7?

I agree with Elite here--in the sense that opening multiple gates is perhaps not the main point, but is probably just indicative of something else entirely. Like for Nagi, it's due to his Dragon's Fist--so that's self-explanatory--whereas Kagiroi still has a huge question mark on top of his head.

So, there's a possibility that whereas all 7 Gates are available to all, only one Gate out of the 7 can be opened by an individual. That's how I pretty much understood it so far, considering Makiko's explanation of the process behind it--not to mention Ishiyumi's pissed off attitude in the recent chapters.

I don't know. I'm probably just trying to clear all of this up for myself. As usual.

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:57 am

Also to mention is the risk of absorbing dragons. dragons are still own beeings who want to break out. The stronger Soichiros Dragon gets, the harder it gets to controll him :x
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:50 am

EliteF22 wrote:We've discussed this quite extensively in another thread before and if you go back and read the manga's description of Tetsuhito it says that he's similar to Souichirou in that he can open multiple gates. It does not imply that he has the same dragon as Souichirou. With intermarrying of families it is very possible that he can inherit two different types of gates. The demon exorcists dragon is unique in that it can close an opponents gate while stealing that dragon's abilities, therefore making itself stronger and allowing its user to gain the abilities of their opponent. If you look at it this way, then it is very possible for Souichirou to have eaten Mataza's dragon. His black dragon would just assimilate that dragon into itself.
I did reread it and they say he has the "power of demon exorcists, the same power as Nagi Souichiro", obviously they didn't mean the dragon fist but Nagi's ability to use unlimited ki as their whole discussion was how powerful he was.
As for Nagi he did eat Mataza's dragon but you open gates with dragons and if you don't have that gate to begin with you'll never open it. So since Nagi has the 8th gate of the dragon fist he will never be able to open the dragon 's claw, a gate which he doesn't have. Notice even Shizuru said "I can't open my gate" not 'I lost my gate' she still has it she just can't open it. This also explains how Nagi's mom absorbed Nagi's "power" with her Dragon fist but didn't take his gates.

Post Reply