Fight 83

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Fight 83

Post by MrProphet » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Yup, it's that time of the month and TJTG is back with the vengeance.

ImageImage

Just one day left. 8)

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:36 pm

It's boobylicious!

Yay!

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:58 pm

oh man, I've got too much work for this to come out now...

but, it will be a nice break from the phd thesis stuff I've been working on lately.

User avatar
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Old Europe.
Contact:

Post by Isuzu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Mah... Isuzu looks so drop-dead-gorgeous in that dress. O.O
Image
Bomb me, please.

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:19 pm

Man, that's one good looking cover.

And if I'm reading that correctly, there's another version also?

User avatar
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:24 am

Post by Agent_Wax » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:58 pm

Agent Wax reporting live from Kyoto. I'll go pick this up later today when I have time. They have manga magazines at every newsstand & convenience store here.

Been here 2 days so far. Warm in the day when the sun is out, but cold at night. I've visited Higashi Hongan-Ji (yappari sugoi ne) & the Shimogamo & Kamigamo Shrines, as well as the Nishiki shopping district.

Gotta go now but I'll check back later.

Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: NY

Post by Rev » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:34 pm

hey did you guys check out the cover for vol 13? it's looks sweet. madako is one hottie even though she has small boobies.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Can you provide a link to the cover?

Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: NY

Post by Rev » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:58 pm

Image


here is a small pic of it. I can't copy the link for the bigger version thats on s-manga

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Funny thing. I just found that pic too. Her right arm looks really long.

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:18 pm

Dam, I really thought this one would have had Tawara on the cover, Too bad. Makes me want to cancel my order... :cry:

The artwork on the cover of Ch. 83 looks good except for the Aya facial expression, shes coming out looking goofy. :shock:

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Asunder wrote:It's boobylicious!

Yay!
Looks more like it's Pinky Street-licious they're all wearing the outfits the Pinky Street figures are wearing. :)

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:14 pm

pv82 wrote:Dam, I really thought this one would have had Tawara on the cover, Too bad. Makes me want to cancel my order... :cry:

:
:shock: Really is Madoka that bad?

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:48 pm

kk1 wrote:
Asunder wrote:It's boobylicious!

Yay!
Looks more like it's Pinky Street-licious they're all wearing the outfits the Pinky Street figures are wearing. :)
Sorry, I didn't notice anything except those massive globes on Isuzu. Reminds me of the 8th volume cover, except more hypnotizing for some reason. :lol:

And I like Madoka. She and Masataka should get together because Aya x Nagi is just right.

aok
Yuurei
Yuurei
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:03 pm

Post by aok » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:31 am

Whenever people debate whether doing fatties are worth it, I just think about Isuzu and say "YES!" :D

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:47 am

kk1 wrote:
pv82 wrote:Dam, I really thought this one would have had Tawara on the cover, Too bad. Makes me want to cancel my order... :cry:

:
:shock: Really is Madoka that bad?
Its not that shes that bad, its just I think that out of all the characters the Bun-man should have been on the next cover. Hes been in more chapters and done more stuff than her. I mean even Enma got on a cover and she play a small role in all the arcs. :roll: . Not to metion the fact that she looks kinda fugly on this cover :P , shes looked more cuter on other plain panels. So far from the looks of it, this cover is the worst so far. IMO

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:57 am

Bunshichi is really a minor character at this point, while Madoka is getting more and more exposure.

I just don't know how popular Tawara is with the Japanese fans. Maybe only us, Westerners, like him...

Also, I don't think Oh!great really drew that cover. It's just look waaay off base in terms of drawing style. Probably an assistant's work...

User avatar
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Old Europe.
Contact:

Post by Isuzu » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 am

pv82 wrote:Its not that shes that bad, its just I think that out of all the characters the Bun-man should have been on the next cover. Hes been in more chapters and done more stuff than her. I mean even Enma got on a cover and she play a small role in all the arcs. :roll: . Not to metion the fact that she looks kinda fugly on this cover :P , shes looked more cuter on other plain panels. So far from the looks of it, this cover is the worst so far. IMO
The reason why Bunshichi does not get on any covers is that his tits are just too small. Even smaller as Madoka's. I wonder why they even put Masataka on the cover of volume 11... until now, there were only two covers that did not feature cleavage, so I would've been surprised if Bunshichi would get on one of them.

Of course it is one of the worst covers, as it shows that cowardly, backstabbing little b...rat that deserves to get thrown into a masticator for sticking her lightsaber-thingie into Isu's heart. *grmbls*
Image
Bomb me, please.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:37 am

I like Madoka, and I like the cover too.

Really now, if you're going to judge a cover by how much you (dis)like the character, just say so plainly. Don't blame the artwork.

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:51 am

Isuzu wrote:
pv82 wrote:Its not that shes that bad, its just I think that out of all the characters the Bun-man should have been on the next cover. Hes been in more chapters and done more stuff than her. I mean even Enma got on a cover and she play a small role in all the arcs. :roll: . Not to metion the fact that she looks kinda fugly on this cover :P , shes looked more cuter on other plain panels. So far from the looks of it, this cover is the worst so far. IMO
The reason why Bunshichi does not get on any covers is that his tits are just too small. Even smaller as Madoka's. I wonder why they even put Masataka on the cover of volume 11... until now, there were only two covers that did not feature cleavage, so I would've been surprised if Bunshichi would get on one of them.

Of course it is one of the worst covers, as it shows that cowardly, backstabbing little b...rat that deserves to get thrown into a masticator for sticking her lightsaber-thingie into Isu's heart. *grmbls*
.

lol :lol: In TT, there just no such thing as a far fight

I would agree with you Izuzu that only ladies graces these cover, but then what about Mits, Shin, Bob(2), & Nagi (2). I think MP has a point that usually the "flavor of the month", or in this case volume, ends up on the cover. MP, like I said its not that I don't like Madoka, but I really don't like this cover. Its just looks horrible.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:14 am

Is there a larger version?

User avatar
Dark_Harlequin
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Heidelberg /Germany

Post by Dark_Harlequin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:56 am

PV82 I suport you.
Tawara for cover *yell* Who wants little girls like Madoka on the cover *yell again* .....................outch * all Madoka fans throwing hard things at me*. Hey, calm down.........*running away* :D
Friends are the best thing that can happen to you ;).

Bunshichi Tawara is the best!

User avatar
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:43 pm

Post by Spawn » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:49 pm

Well ... There was a Connection between Sohaku and Fu Chi'en against Soichiro's mother ...
Kagoiro Vs Maya, Soichiro and Mitsuomi ?


Great chapter



http://relaissaveurs.free.fr/Ultra%20Ju ... Tenten.zip

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:02 pm

You're the man, Spawn, you're the man! 8)

And with evey chapter I have more and more respect for old man Dougen. He was and is quite a gentleman. 8)

Also, we finally got to know where Kagiroi's multiple-dragon power comes from...

And Shin... wow... a great chapter, indeed. 8)

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 pm

Wow! So much going on in that chapter, can't wait for the translation. Geez and I thought cutting off Makiko's arm was bad.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:21 pm

Oh man, you know Souichirou ain't going to stand by and let this go on. That's kinda of a cruddy way, how Tetsuhito got his other powers. I can see it now, Souichirou eating Tetsuhito's dragon's.

Whoa, just noticed, is that the wheel chair Kabane family head at the bottom of the page?

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:49 pm

But isn't it just sweet how Maya ran in front of Mitsuomi to protect him with her body from Kagiroi's punch. Never underestimate a woman in love... 8)

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:53 pm

That's why she got punched? Well, isn't Mitsuomi really weakened after that last battle they did. He turned up his power, so it has to be having some sort of consequence. I would find it strange that Mitsuomi wouldn't be able to defend himself, given how he's supposed to be so strong and all.

solidis1
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by solidis1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:26 pm

What the?
That was awesome. I have a whole new respect for Makiko, she's been through hell. There is no turning back, Souhaku is a bastard for what he's done.

Shin was there :shock:

If Oh Great! does make this up as he goes, as some of you think, he is an awesome ad-libber. Great chapter

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:56 pm

Thank you for uploading the chapter Spawn.

I don't think there's any way Souhaku could be redeemed at this point in the story. He's just pure evil. I mean, how could anyone do that to the hotness that is Mama Nagi?

All I want to see now is 1) Souichirou beating the crap out of Kagiroi, and 2) Souichirou beating the crap out of Souhaku.

solidis1
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by solidis1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:19 pm

has it occured to anyone that maya might fight kagiroi.
I mean, she's hurt and all but she does have Reiki and she has done okay so far with the injury.
Don't know what she says in the last panel but it looks like she is eager to fight.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:35 pm

That's what I was thinking too. Maya will face off with Kagiroi. Mitsuomi and Souichirou will fight Souhaku. Then Souichirou will steal Souhaku and Kagiroi's dragons. It kinda sucks that Kagiroi is the result of using what appears to be science and red feather magic.

I originally thought that Kagiroi attacked her. I didn't see him aiming for Mitsuomi. Plus, it would be cool to see them go blade-to-blade.

Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: NY

Post by Rev » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:33 pm

well now we see why Makiko lost her eye. this whole time I thought Makiko lost it because she wasn't able to control her dragan but instead her own husband took it out. damn thats just screw up. I wonder what Shidzuru told Souichirou before she left to fight the bad guys. maybe lets go out on a date after everything is done.

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:30 pm

Man... just wondering when did Makiko give birth to Souichirou? Because if she bore him after those events, then it's also possible the deed was done during those times? (Now I'm really wondering when that scene in vol.1 where he watches over her badly beaten form happened.)

If so, then I'll be definitely looking forward to seeing Souhaku get the crap beaten out of him! Badly. Hey, at least Dougen is on a road to redemption.

About her eye--Souhaku just pulled it out, but she uses a patch of some sort that practically covers a good deal of her pretty face. Not to mention, that her scar looks like something came out of it. It makes you wonder if that's just an exaggeration by the author or if other things were done to it...

And maybe this is what Makiko refers to as Souhaku giving birth to demons--Kagiroi? In the surface perhaps, these events are certainly different than what Souichirou has gone through under his loving dad.

And goddamnit, it's about time we saw Kagiroi in action!

User avatar
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Old Europe.
Contact:

Post by Isuzu » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:43 pm

MrProphet wrote:I like Madoka, and I like the cover too.

Really now, if you're going to judge a cover by how much you (dis)like the character, just say so plainly. Don't blame the artwork.
Hmmm. But I do, because I judge characters according to the way they behave and what they do in the story, and all in all, this does not make Madoka likeable in my point of view, but that's just a personal opinion. Good artwork or not, if I get to see some character I don't like, I also don't like the artwork, as it portrays someone I don't have any sympathies with.



After having browsed through the new chapter, I must say that things get a bit, well, even more confusing as they were before. It might be just me, but I just can't follow the plotline anymore. As it seems to me, everything is fine now between Maya and Mits, as long as they've got Souhakou to fight, even after so many years of having their 'war' against each other... hmhm. Too bad, I was hoping for some Isuzu after seeing that cover, but I guess I have to wait until she gets her next chance to be a comical relief. :/

But I won't be too quick with any judgement about Souhakou's motives - he might have been a total jackass regarding his behavior towards Makiko, but wasn't that about the same impression the reader gets when Mitsuomi makes his first appearance, licking Maya's hurt shoulder? In the same way, Dougen was portrayed as some kind of 'evil' mastermind in the first place, and later, he became a seemingly nice guy... so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get to learn that Souhakou isn't as bad as he seems. Perhaps, he's also mind-controlled?

On the other hand... a person that does such things may never, ever be spared a long and painful death. I sincerely hope that someone (hopefully not Soichiro) will punish him for being responsible for all that has happened in the past.
Poor Makiko... she's the one that suffers most throughout the whole story. After all, we don't get to see much of her in situations where she does not bleed, take a beating or just lies down and, well, suffers. The saddest moment, in my opinion, was when she lost her second arm, stands before Souhakou when he takes away Soichiro and just cries. Grrr, Souhakou is perhaps the most hateable guy I've ever come across in a manga, I'm sure he's to blame for Shin going mad, too.

So, if Oh! Great turns Souhakou into a good guy for some reason, this just would not be acceptable at all - Mitsuomi did not do that much that can be labelled 'evil', as we have learned in the past-arc, but all in all, he's still a dubious character as he must have known about Souhakou and his deeds. So, Mits is to blame for not dealing with him in the past.

Mhhh... I clearly see a vision before my eyes... lifesaver-Isuzu in action again, sacrificing some parts of her body to save Maya from certain death. Bad vision, go away, now. :O



By the way, is it just me, or does young Makiko look almost exactly like Maya? I mean, just look at her face on page 25... it's really striking, no wonder that Soichiro is into Maya.
Image
Bomb me, please.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:21 pm

I think this is the story so far. Both and Dougen and Souhaku wanted to control those with powers. Souhaku wanted to feed all those with red feather powers to Makiko and thus tried to feed Shin to Makiko. Dougen wanted to control them by creating the true warrior and thus used Shin to do it his way instead. Souhaku not liking having to listen to Dougen decides to overthrow him. In order to create a fighter strong enough to defeat any enemy he tried to make Makiko that fighter by having her steal the power of others. Apparently she wouldn't join him so he then decides to artificially create one using Tetsuhito. Perhaps he couldn't wait for Souichirou to grow older and he needed someone right away so he pumped up Tetushito. He then waits until Mitsuomi is old enough to take on Dougen. And we know the rest. It looks like Souhaku intends for Souichirou to be the epitome of the red feather's power.

It still just seems like the story is all about people vying for control. Dougen was quite an asshole for doing what he did. But in the end it appears like all the major players want the same thing, they just use different means to get it. Even Makiko letting Dougen and the former generals train Souichirou is guilty to some degree. Dougen warned that someday Souichirou will probably be devoured by his dragon. Makiko is willing to risk that, trusting that Souichirou will be able to control his power and defeat Souhaku. Since Mitsuomi seems to have had a falling out with Souhaku, he's probably not considered part of the problem anymore. But then you have Maya who wants Souichirou to defeat Mitsuomi, thus saving him some how. Man, Souichirou seems to be just one giant tool that everyone wants to use.
Last edited by EliteF22 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:17 pm

EliteF22 wrote:I originally thought that Kagiroi attacked her. I didn't see him aiming for Mitsuomi. Plus, it would be cool to see them go blade-to-blade.
Thats how its looks like to me, he seems to have aimed for her. Mits was stading in front of Maya in the panel before, but so was Nagi. Maybe he ment to aim for her. It does seem wierd that you dont see Mits in the strike panels. I cant see the self sacrfice part, unless MP has translated a part indicating that. Its sucks to see where Tetsuhito's character is going but I guess he was just a pawn in all this. :(

Let me see if I understand this right, Tetsuhito has Makkiko's Dragon Transfered into him????

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Since this part's not translated yet I'm wondering about that too. It looks more like he used Makiko to open up a gate in Tetsuhito, because Makiko still has her dragon.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:35 pm

Ver, very interesting, man look how everything is coming full circle. Souhaku, Dougen, Shin, Fuchien, Makiko. And for everyone's information this is taking place 8 years ago, Nagi has already been born, and it appears to be right after Shin has killed his parents.
Other stuff that happened 8 years ago in Ten ten, all the youngsters with powers now first had their powers awaken," F" is formed(though it must have happened after this since Dougen and Souhaku are still friendly).

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:31 am

Well, I can see it now... a happy family reunion:

Souichirou beating up his dad and vice-versa while Makiko tries to stop them. All of a sudden, Makiko jumps in the middle of it all and... Ok. I better stop having negative thoughts. :x

Anyway, Dougen may have been a manipulative and screwed up geezer who dreamed of elevating his Clan even more, but he was more manipulative and shrewd with the way he did things. Souhaku on the other hand though devious enough on his own, also seems to have no reservations in opting for more "practical" methods in order to accomplish something.

Seeing Dougen gradually becoming good, even amidst his alliance with Makiko (and thus, with Maya and Aya) partly out of necessity is even less contrived and less forced than seeing Souhaku becoming "good" again in my opinion. (Surely Maya and Aya must've found it hard to ally themselves with Dougen, right? Especially Maya. It would've been more believable in a sense if we were at least shown that kind of conflict.) So yes, I'm hoping that it'll just get messier along the way--whether Souhaku wins all or he loses all, I mean. There's simply no turning back now.

And oh, about Makiko's look--I think her current self is closer to Maya's whereas when she was younger, she's a cross between Maya and Aya.

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:55 am

EliteF22 wrote:Perhaps he couldn't wait for Souichirou to grow older and he needed someone right away so he pumped up Tetushito. He then waits until Mitsuomi is old enough to take on Dougen. And we know the rest. It looks like Souhaku intends for Souichirou to be the epitome of the red feather's power.
Perhaps I'm just jumping to conclusions, but I wonder if Souhaku also intends that Kagiroi be Souichirou's biggest and most crucial meal?

It wouldn't make sense if the two of them use the Dragon's Fist, but let's say that Tetsuhito can use a lot Dragons, except that since he's not the real thing, something is still missing which can be only found on Souichirou or Makiko. That is, if simply feeding someone with red feather abilities was at least part of Souhaku's major plan.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:59 am

EliteF22 wrote:I think this is the story so far. Both and Dougen and Souhaku wanted to control those with powers. Souhaku wanted to feed all those with red feather powers to Makiko and thus tried to feed Shin to Makiko. Dougen wanted to control them by creating the true warrior and thus used Shin to do it his way instead. Souhaku not liking having to listen to Dougen decides to overthrow him. In order to create a fighter strong enough to defeat any enemy he tried to make Makiko that fighter by having her steal the power of others. Apparently she wouldn't join him so he then decides to artificially create one using Tetsuhito. I don't know when he found out that Makiko was pregnant so he may have been trying to create a back up plan or maybe Tetsuhito was just a quick solution. He then waits until Mitsuomi is old enough to take on Dougen. And we know the rest. It looks like Souhaku intends for Souichirou to be the epitome of the red feather's power.

.
Dougen has already said he didn't want to control red feathers but save them from their powers. Shin's dad was his friend, he didn't want what happened to him to happen again. I don't know Makiko looks like a willing participant.(I think the translation will surprise some people). Nagi's already born and is 7 years old. I think he was using Souichiro the same way as Makiko, not to make him the epitome of the red feather's power.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:08 am

here's a little to get started....

page 2

Aya: "8 years ago....."
"Souichiro-sama's... mother...!!"

Reflection:"Here I..."
"the place one day's fragment was born"

Aya: "ahh...!!!"

Page 3

Makiko: "Who is it?" "Is someone there?"

Aya :"She sees me...?"

Souhaku:" It's uncomfortable"

Makiko:"...you...came"
(she used anata and seems happy to see him)

Souhaku: "This room...no this mansion is something that makes your "power" an amplifier for the equipment." "Bear with it for a little while."
(sounds like he's being nice don't it?)
"It's "dinner" time.

page 5

Aya: "Impo...imposss..."
"No. I'm mistaken. The "dragons eye", my minds eye as it were..."
"Mind-reading my companion's "ki"'s nature is a subjective thing but this image "me" through a filter...!!" (that's probably a bad translation)
"Calm down... the waters surface reflecting the moon."
"not cold..."
"a level mind..."
Souhaku: "It's the first time for you to see too...."
"You rarely have valuable meat like this."

page 6

Souhaku:" The best qualty "demon"."
Aya:" B..broth..the..."

page 7(not done)

Souhaku: "damn"
Dougen:"Souhaku!!!"
"........."
"I took him to the funeral, his father...Kaima was killed, criminal!!!"

page 11
Makiko: "I trust this future's posibilities are here."

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:16 am

I can't wait for the next release :twisted: . Especially whats going to happen once Junior kun catches up to them....

Thanks Spawn, it looks like someone actually took them out of the spine to provide good quality :P . I am planning on doing some scans Vol. 13 soon enough, Maybe I can upload them on Moy's thing. Maybe I can see if EG wants to do the omake :wink:

shouki
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by shouki » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:32 am

Here's some feedback. I hope you find it useful...
kk1 wrote:here's a little to get started....

page 2

Aya: "8 years ago....."
"Souichiro-sama's... mother...!!"

Reflection:"Here I..."
"the place one day's fragment was born"
I'd suggest something like: "It began here... The place where the first fragment is born..."

This is a reference to "fragments of the future" on page 17 of previous chapter.


kk1 wrote:Aya: "ahh...!!!"

Page 3

Makiko: "Who is it?" "Is someone there?"

Aya :"She sees me...?"

Souhaku:" It's uncomfortable"

Makiko:"...you...came"
(she used anata and seems happy to see him)
She's also using polite/formal language... but I agree that this is "anata" as in "dear" not as in "you". I'd say it's quite obvious she's on Souhaku's side at this stage in the chapter. I can't quite follow all the main points from the whole chapter, but it seems Souhaku has been deliberately deceiving her the whole time and only thinks of her as a tool (or near enough).

kk1 wrote:Souhaku: "This room...no this mansion is something that makes your "power" an amplifier for the equipment." "Bear with it for a little while."
(sounds like he's being nice don't it?)
"It's "dinner" time.

page 5

Aya: "Impo...imposss..."
Note the kanji character a bit lower down - she's starting to say "bakemono" not "bakana". So: "M... mons...!"

kk1 wrote:"No. I'm mistaken. The "dragons eye", my minds eye as it were..."
"Mind-reading my companion's "ki"'s nature is a subjective thing but this image "me" through a filter...!!" (that's probably a bad translation)
Isn't "aite" fun to translate in the general case. Another Japanese word that is often hard to map to English...

My suggestion: Even though I can read the true nature of another's "Ki", the image is passed through the subjective filter of "myself"...!!

kk1 wrote:"Calm down... the waters surface reflecting the moon."
"not cold..."
"a level mind..."
Suggestion:
"Calm down... Become like a surface of water reflecting the moon."
"With a cold..."
"and calm mind..."

Hmm, I like how Aya quickly gains control over her Dragon Eye in this scene - she's clearly improving and not just a passenger anymore.

kk1 wrote:Souhaku: "It's the first time for you to see too...."
"You rarely have valuable meat like this."

page 6

Souhaku:" The best qualty "demon"."
Aya:" B..broth..the..."

page 7(not done)

Souhaku: "damn"
Dougen:"Souhaku!!!"
"........."
"I took him to the funeral, his father...Kaima was killed, criminal!!!"
I'd need my kanji dictionary to figure out some of the words properly, but I think Dougen is basically saying something like "What are you getting up while I was away. That criminal is the one who killed his own father, Kaima, whose funeral I was attending."

In terms of timeline, this would be just after Shin killed his parents, and looking at what happens later in the chapter, just before Makiko loses her eye and arm - just after that would be the scene where Souichiro is seen as a child beside his mother in bed with all those bandages (from Aya's Dragon Eye flashback).

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:18 am

pv82 wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:I originally thought that Kagiroi attacked her. I didn't see him aiming for Mitsuomi. Plus, it would be cool to see them go blade-to-blade.
Thats how its looks like to me, he seems to have aimed for her. Mits was stading in front of Maya in the panel before, but so was Nagi. Maybe he ment to aim for her. It does seem wierd that you dont see Mits in the strike panels. I cant see the self sacrfice part, unless MP has translated a part indicating that.
On the first panel we see Nagi walking to the side and Maya walking right behind Mitsuomi's shoulder. On the next double-panel we see Kagiroi striking past Nagi and Maya receiving the blow. Obviously it was meant for Mitsuomi. Of the 3 of them, Mitsuomi is the most dangerous. It just makes no sense to deliver a blow to Maya who is the least dangerous.

User avatar
pv82
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: H Town

Post by pv82 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:35 am

MrProphet wrote:
pv82 wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:I originally thought that Kagiroi attacked her. I didn't see him aiming for Mitsuomi. Plus, it would be cool to see them go blade-to-blade.
Thats how its looks like to me, he seems to have aimed for her. Mits was stading in front of Maya in the panel before, but so was Nagi. Maybe he ment to aim for her. It does seem wierd that you dont see Mits in the strike panels. I cant see the self sacrfice part, unless MP has translated a part indicating that.
On the first panel we see Nagi walking to the side and Maya walking right behind Mitsuomi's shoulder. On the next double-panel we see Kagiroi striking past Nagi and Maya receiving the blow. Obviously it was meant for Mitsuomi. Of the 3 of them, Mitsuomi is the most dangerous. It just makes no sense to deliver a blow to Maya who is the least dangerous.
Yeah, I agree that Mits and Nagi were walking in front of Maya, and its wierd that you don't even see Mits in the panel where Tetsuhito strikes her, but he could have zoom in between both of them to strike her. Also, since its doesn't show that Nagi changed position, so if she was protecting Mits, then how did she end up behind Nagi, Was the strike that hard to blow back that far, and wheres Mits? Yet, The fact that Mistoumi is the strongest of the 3 as the reason why Tetsuhito would strike him doesn't really convince me. Tetsuhito may have meant to strike Maya for a alterior motive, maybe to get a rise out of Nagi or Mits. Seems like Oh great likes to use hidden meanings behind what happens, but Ive been very wrong before, so who knows. :roll:

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:20 am

Maybe he was using his "strike" as an excuse to touch Maya's boobies.

I know I would.

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:28 am

shouki wrote:Here's some feedback. I hope you find it useful...

I'd need my kanji dictionary to figure out some of the words properly, but I think Dougen is basically saying something like "What are you getting up while I was away. That criminal is the one who killed his own father, Kaima, whose funeral I was attending."
My translation is up at http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_14_Trans.html.
That line is "He is the criminal that ... murdered my friend, and his father, Kaima!!" Where are you guys getting this stuff about a funeral?

shouki
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by shouki » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:47 am

Couple of comments on the chapter:

The differing of opinion between Dougen and Souhaku is quite apparant in this chapter. Souhaku thinks letting people run around with their super-powers is like letting kids play with fire, while Dougen has a more "nurturing" approach. btw, Souhaku does know what Dougen's up to with regards to Shin etc.

Souhaku seems rather annoyed not to have gotten a chance to get the Dragon Eye - he values it quite highly. Will be interesting to see how Aya fits into this. He's also been collecting dragons for Makiko for half a year (I think). It seems to me that while Dougen has higher status than Souhaku, he can't just crush him either, despite their opposite ideologies.

Makiko believes in Souhaku's vision for the future in the flashback events. But from Souhaku's view, she's now no longer useful, with the powerful dragons she collected transferred to a powerful body - he considers her's to be too weak. It seems that eye is being kept for some future purpose involving the Dragon Eye. Souhaku also considers the "true warrior" to be more like the "true demon".

Post Reply