Fight 83

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I wonder about the dragon fist too. My current hypothesis is that the dragon fist is only as strong as the wielder. So Souichirou having more ki than his mother, naturally she wouldn't be able to eat his dragon since she wouldn't be able to completely absorb its energy. This might help us in understanding the purpose of the mansion in amplifying the power of Nagi's. It would basically allow them to eat any person's dragon no matter how much stronger( actually how much more ki ) that person has.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:I wonder about the dragon fist too. My current hypothesis is that the dragon fist is only as strong as the wielder. So Souichirou having more ki than his mother, naturally she wouldn't be able to eat his dragon since she wouldn't be able to completely absorb its energy. .
How could Nagi have more ki? The Nagis can tap unlimited ki, the UJ special even says she is a more powerful user of the dragon fist than him. The only difference is Nagi is physically stronger, and he eventually( had she not saved him he would have been destroyed) was able to learn to withstand the stress of the huge amount of ki he can weild.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Read the UJ Special more carefully. It says she can freely manipulate the dragon's fist better than he can, in other words she's more skilled. That does not mean her dragon's fist is more powerful than his. Should have made this clearer. He could transmit more ki than she could absorb. But he is stronger than her, her skill helped her survive but in the end he still was too strong for her. Yes, the Nagi's can tap an unlimited supply of ki, but there's only so much their body can hold at any given time. They just have no problem replenishing their ki.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

Where the heck is Mawari?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

She's still with Mitsoumi, Nagi, and Maya.

You see her walking with them in a frame.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks pv82, I've added the Mawari Madoka SD image to the gallery (and made it a png, gave it a drop shadow, etc.)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

NP,

Email me if u would like some more, Ive gotten alot of practice since the UJSI scans :wink: . These images here were greatly reduced to make them fit, and aren't HQ.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

pv, if you can, upload them to my tt gallery to share the wealth! :)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Here is the raw scan from the 13 volume.

http://www.point-blank.cc:7001/torrents ... 53e08bc2b6
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Anyone have the tank skans for volume 12?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think UdanRaws had all of TJTG in raw form. Look around for them on IRCHighway server.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

But are they tank scans are monthly scans?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Judging by the fact that I saw all volumes, they are tankoubon scan. I rather doubt that you're gonna find Ultra Jump scans of chapter 1 or 2 or 20 right now.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Japan Weekly Top 10: Weekly Manga Tankoubon Top 10 (April 25 - May 1)

1. One Piece vol. 37
2. Pluto vol. 2
3. Mahoraba vol. 9
4. Black Jack ni Yoroshiku vol. 11
5. Bokura ga Ita vol. 8
6. Saiyuki Reload vol. 5
7. Gallery Fake vol. 32
8. Tenjou Tenge vol. 13
9. Mizu ni Sumu Hana vol. 3
10. Spiral ~Suiri no Kizuna~ vol. 13
Way to go Oh great :)
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

MrProphet wrote:I think UdanRaws had all of TJTG in raw form. Look around for them on IRCHighway server.

How would one do that?

I've been looking for some Tank scans of vol. 11 for a while
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I think you would be better off buying the tanks for anything older than older than Vol.13. Unless somone makes those torrents availble some time soon. I don't remember anyone ever having the tank Raws torrent for anything other than Vol. 13. Most of Vol. 12 & 13 raws you find were done on UJ paper, which is of a lesser quality.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

oh god no question about that souhaku shit is damn cruel and evil my god that was soo horrible makiko put up with soo much with him.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

TW_J wrote:oh god no question about that souhaku shit is damn cruel and evil my god that was soo horrible makiko put up with soo much with him.
Huh?
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

TW_J wrote:oh god no question about that souhaku shit is damn cruel and evil my god that was soo horrible makiko put up with soo much with him.
Translation: There is no question that souhaku was very cruel, what he he did was so horrible, and makiko must have put up with a lot of suffering/pain/shit when she was with him.
天 ã￾®ä¸‹ 天 ã￾®ä¸Š , 唯 一 人 我 ã￾‚ ã‚Š, 一 人 ã￾® ã￾¿ å°Š ã￾—
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

ahhh... that makes sense now. The question is why is he so cruel?
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

well there are 2 possible reasons

1. he could be just pure evil

2. he has a goal and believes that there are those that are worth sacrificing just like mitsoumi has.

i agree on 2 oh great up until now hasnt had an antagonist who is pure evil with no honorable motive. mitsoumi was considered a bad guy but he really isnt. hell even masataka is more evil than mitsoumi (cough*cough who was it that had those evil thoughts on sleeping with aya back when aya saw souichirou's true feelings for maya when tawara was kicking his ass?lol thats what i call having some crazy hormones haha)
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

I don't think Maya like's Nagi the way Nagi feels/thinking.
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

TW_J wrote:well there are 2 possible reasons

1. he could be just pure evil

2. he has a goal and believes that there are those that are worth sacrificing just like mitsoumi has.

i agree on 2 oh great up until now hasnt had an antagonist who is pure evil with no honorable motive. mitsoumi was considered a bad guy but he really isnt. hell even masataka is more evil than mitsoumi (cough*cough who was it that had those evil thoughts on sleeping with aya back when aya saw souichirou's true feelings for maya when tawara was kicking his ass?lol thats what i call having some crazy hormones haha)
Or

3) He just wants more power/wealth/sex and is enough of a bastard to exploit people in order to get it.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

3) He just wants more power/wealth/sex and is enough of a bastard to exploit people in order to get it.
I can't argue with the first, but I doubt he needs the second, and it doesn't seem like he's even getting any of the 3rd...

Maybe that's why he's such a prick...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote:
I can't argue with the first, but I doubt he needs the second, and it doesn't seem like he's even getting any of the 3rd...

Maybe that's why he's such a prick...
If he ain't porking Inue I'm sure he can get her to get him any woman he wants with her power, though if he can get Makiko on his own I don't think he has any problem in that department with or without powers.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hey, he can always have any of those shrine maidens to help assist him in some, uhm, special ceremony... or something like that.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Some tantric ritual, heh? 8)
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

come on guys souhaku seems like a decent man. he could have taken both of makiko's eyes and arms but he only took one of each. now thats love if i've ever seen it. but then again my logic is a bit twisted. :)
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

Didn't she lose her eye to the overusing the Dragon's Eye? He's only responsible for the arm.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ryugan wrote:Didn't she lose her eye to the overusing the Dragon's Eye? He's only responsible for the arm.
That's what she said(well she actually just said a dragon ate it) before but in this chapter Souhaku is shown plucking it out, I think she just got the dragon thing on her eye from misusing a power, I would imagine she tried to take the dragon eye from Shin and with no place for the gate to go because she didn't have an eye that dragon thing went there instead.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think you are wrong.

First of all, she couldn't have taken the dragon from Shin, since he still had it. Second of all, Shin was taken from the mansion before she lost her eye, so she couldn't have done it after the fact.

Personally, I think that she tried to use her exorcism on someone after she has already left Souhaku (remember how she always left Nagi home alone?) and without the eye and with only her hand she couldn't control it well, hence the scar.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think during the battle with Souhaku and Tetsuhito, after she lost her arm she was severly weakened and her dragon took advantage and consumed the weakest part of her body, the area around her left eye.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:I think during the battle with Souhaku and Tetsuhito, after she lost her arm she was severly weakened and her dragon took advantage and consumed the weakest part of her body, the area around her left eye.
I don't think that's why but that's definately when it happened, she just had her arm cut off and yet she'd holding her eye, it must have hurt more than her arm for her to do that. Hopefully we'll find out next chapter.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

What size paper does he use for his colored work? The larger the area, the larger the picture, the easier it is too add details.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

When I scanned the UJSI, I also scanned the Book where it shows some of his Techiniques, I think its Pen & Ink. I didn't understand some of it since it was in Japanese, but I can dig those scans up if someone is interested in doing the Translation...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

MrProphet wrote:Some tantric ritual, heh? 8)
I swear, if the Kago power turns out to be Dragon Penis, I'm going to quit reading TT.

OK, I won't, but I damn sure am gonna need therapy.
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

Hey, is it possible that the geezers who were training Souichiro (with the exception of Dougen, of course) were siblings of the family heads that were killed by Souhaku & Co., and then just took over (or were assigned) as the heads of their respective families?
Last edited by MetalGravy on Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

MetalGravy wrote:Hey, is it possible that the geezers who were training Souichiro (with the exception of Dougen, of course) were siblings of the family heads that were killed by Souhaku & Co., and then just took over (or were assigned) as the heads of their respective families??
Of course. They might even have been cousins.