Agony of Tenjo tenge fan...

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Shion
Yuurei
Yuurei

Agony of Tenjo tenge fan...

Post by Shion »

Well whats the worst that can happen to a tenjo tenge fan i ask.I implored the whole series burnt,loss,MIA as nothing compared to when the book is banned....

yeah it is banned to ALLin Singapore.Ouch.... :( thats sad.Guess i really have to source issue 13 out from some other countries.
BTW,the TT comics i am doing are the Hong Kong version.So wondering is any here reads chinese versions....

I kinda prefer English version since i can read faster with english as the median.
Shinpachi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shinpachi »

Singapore... bans certain comic books?!?! Is this the same country where bootlegging anime is legal? Man that sucks plain and simple. Is it banned from being sold or is it even illegal to import it?
Shion
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shion »

Yeah some comic with hardcore fighting and where gals show some flesh is strictly a no no now....and now thats sad to us reader.Even with a "to be sold to over 18 readers" its nevertheless baned.

Its the latter where it is baned from being imported.Those that do not pass the censorship board.The MDA.The get the books,view it and if either the above 2 criteria sets in,then say good bye from seeing the book in Singapore.

Yeah must head to other countries to view then.
YuukiJudai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by YuukiJudai »

A singaporean yay~ I'm also from singapore lolx.

Heard that some branches of Comic Connections still selling. The Hongkong version.

Anyway, I imported the 13 Mangas from Japan lolz. That was expensive..SGD190 for them.. around USD112 . The figurings from Limited Edition Book 9 and 12 is sure expensive.. especially Volume 9, with Maya figure..

The banning in Singapore all started with a childish and ignorant teen girl. (think she is 16). She got some ecchi mangas, not sure how explicit it is, but according to the news, the parents said that the manga does not have any good contents other than sex..well , buying that kinda manga is a waste of money .. lolX .

Then she wrote in her diary saying that she wanted to have some "sexual acts" with the male character in the manga, and the "disrespect-ful" mother went to read her diary. And she make a big fuss out of it.. and there it goes..

Singapore now bans mangas with explicit contents, like very violent fights, or gals with nipples. They only allowed some with very minor ecchi in it, like Negi Magi, Love Hina, Air Gear etc. Nipples = no import..

Kids here in my country need to grow up.. wait.. I'm only 17 lolX, I've no right to call them kids haha.

Anyway, how's the HongKong version different from the Japan version huh?
It's the same right? With a mini pull out poster, first 2-3 page coloured.
small dick beam!!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

You can get the Hong Kong version here and they have free shipping
http://us.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

It's banned? I bought volume 1 to 10 last month!
天 ã￾®ä¸‹ 天 ã￾®ä¸Š , 唯 一 人 我 ã￾‚ ã‚Š, 一 人 ã￾® ã￾¿ å°Š ã￾—
BlueLotus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by BlueLotus »

(evill doom you got there with banning<<<)
You are in a doom like position, bad, evil, sucks, sorry for the improper way of saying all that, and the bad typos<<<
Last edited by BlueLotus on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
he who laughs last thinks the slowest
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

"evill doom you got there with banning" :?

I have no idea wad this means. U r singaporean. Use proper grammar.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ryugan wrote:"evill doom you got there with banning" :?

I have no idea wad this means. U r singaporean. Use proper grammar.
Spelling too.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Why not go up to Malaysia and buy it? Just a suggestion, I realise it probably isn't worth the drive though. Oh and on another note, they be as well banning it in UK and USA since the censored version we get sucks. The translation is crap too, Masataka wants to make Nagi 'bawl like a baby', now that is so Takayanagi lingo...
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

What??? Malaysia????

They even banned a comic that only shows mini-skirts... not to mention Tenjou Tenge volume 1.... which even full of bras and pants....
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

That is not what I heard, just 2 weeks ago another Singaporean was telling me that is how he does it, and are Malaysia as strict with their rules? I think not. The most you'd have to worry about it crossing back into Singapore with it...
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

geohound03 wrote:That is not what I heard, just 2 weeks ago another Singaporean was telling me that is how he does it, and are Malaysia as strict with their rules? I think not. The most you'd have to worry about it crossing back into Singapore with it...
Really??? I'm currently studying in Malaysia... and here... even some smallest thing that has something to do with ***... let say... em... mini skirts??? Even showing a cloth teared even a little will be banned in here...

This country is really strict...
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

I meant as opposed to the restrictions in singapore (which I love btw).
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

Malaysia is more conservative, not strict. This is due to their theological government, certain racist policies and short-sighted governing body. They are actually vastly more lax on issuse that the Muslim faith does not cover as opposed to Singapore. Their more ineffecient law system also makes it much easier to obtained banned and pirated goods, e.g. tt manga.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

exactly.
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

Last edited by Ryugan on Tue May 10, 2005 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

What is wrong with you people? You've never heard of PM? Why not just compile a list and send it to the cops while you're at it?
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Yeh that last post was taking it a bit far...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Is it? I couldn't give a toss.

If you want to share potentially damaging information or if anyone wants to call me names behind my back, at least have the discretion to use PM. That's what it's there for. This is a publicly-accessible forum.

This is Fugu hakase's forum and he'll probably smack me for this, but you guys should think about it. Is TT really banned? I don't know. But why do stupid things & take unnecessary risks? Use your heads before doing things that may well result in further scrutiny by people who don't give a rat's arse about you and who get off on making your lives miserable so that they can score points with other people who have difficulty accepting that raising children does not just involves squatting them out and tossing them cash every month for 18 years. Make no mistake. The only ones who are protected by bans and censorships are the 'parents' who refuse to actually raise their own children and expect everyone but themselves to shoulder that responsibility. But what does whining about it on a public forum do? You don't think that there are people out there who will take advantage of the information here to start another witch-hunt? Know the difference between people with power and those without? Those with power don't have to be reasonable. You're dealing with people who can fuck you up 3 ways to Sunday and there's probably not a damn thing you can do about it. Right now it is still possible to get TT from underground sources, so THINK before you do things that can jeopardise that.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Since I'm not in Malaysia, I'm not really following this thread closely.

I don't want this to be a place where illegal activity is taking place, that's for sure! But this doesn't really sound too bad. Email might have been a better choice though.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Is it? I couldn't give a toss.

If you want to share potentially damaging information or if anyone wants to call me names behind my back, at least have the discretion to use PM. That's what it's there for. This is a publicly-accessible forum.

This is Fugu hakase's forum and he'll probably smack me for this, but you guys should think about it. Is TT really banned? I don't know. But why do stupid things & take unnecessary risks? Use your heads before doing things that may well result in further scrutiny by people who don't give a rat's arse about you and who get off on making your lives miserable so that they can score points with other people who have difficulty accepting that raising children does not just involves squatting them out and tossing them cash every month for 18 years. Make no mistake. The only ones who are protected by bans and censorships are the 'parents' who refuse to actually raise their own children and expect everyone but themselves to shoulder that responsibility. But what does whining about it on a public forum do? You don't think that there are people out there who will take advantage of the information here to start another witch-hunt? Know the difference between people with power and those without? Those with power don't have to be reasonable. You're dealing with people who can fuck you up 3 ways to Sunday and there's probably not a damn thing you can do about it. Right now it is still possible to get TT from underground sources, so THINK before you do things that can jeopardise that.
Get a grip, I was supporting your comment about using PM idiot. I know fine well that the government may well be watching this thread (Yes, it'd be stupid to put it passed them) hence I said Yes that last post, as in the post before you saying be more discrete was taking it too far because he is practically handing the addresses of places you can get a banned item from.
I think you have went way off in the deep end mate, the people here were just discussing TT with respects to Singapore. Back off eh?
Ryugan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ryugan »

Agent_Wax wrote:Is it? I couldn't give a toss.

OK. My apologies.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Ryugan wrote:
OK. My apologies.
You don't owe me an apology. I probably owe you one. Just be a bit more cautious in future, ok?
It is not my intention to insult anyone on the forum. I'd just like people to exercise some discretion about certain matters.

I think you have went way off in the deep end mate, the people here were just discussing TT with respects to Singapore. Back off eh?
Huh? I have to live with the consequences or fallout. So, no, I don't think what I said was excessive. OK, maybe the tone, but certainly not the content. And I owe you an apology too...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

And sorry, Fugu. You won't hear from me on this thread again...
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

In any case, this thread is pretty pointless now.