Fight 84

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 84

Post by MrProphet »

Another month, another chapter.

Ah, Maya, my daahling... 8)

Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

hm... ja... what happen to her???

Triumph as a winner against Tetsuhito???

or perhaps got beaten into a pulp or maybe killed already??
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

MUST.......... HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I think Maya wins but gets severly injured.

I'm wondering on Mit's and what he's doing in this ch.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Mmmmmm boooobies.
Ahh what a great day tomorrow another great chapter of Ten Ten and Ep III opens.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

good luck trying to see Ep III
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I just got tickets for 12:00, today. 8)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I wanted to go see it tomorrow but i have a test and then a project to finish.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Wow, they're really, really big.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I just watched ROTS last night... Much better than the previous 2. But never quite reaches the standard of the original trilogy. There are fantastic emotional moments scattered throughout. My favourite emotional climax was when Directive 66 was carried out... You should watch out for Ian Mcdiarmid. He chews his scenes with relish as the experienced thespian he is. Fantastic to watch. Ewan McGregor delivers, as usual, but he doesn't have much to go on other than showing his heartbreak in the final battle. What surprised me most was the performance by Christensen. Walking plank he was, in Ep II. But this time good job he did as falling Jedi. And Twi'lek women...Mmmm mmmm. Gotta get me some of that sweet blue hunny...

Anyway, back to TT. You guys didn't mention this but, NEXT MONTH 38 PAGES OF DOGS!! WOO!!
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Dogs? You mean the Dogs?! (as if there's anything else..) Oh my. 8)

That's definitely something to look forward to.

And wow... look at Maya. That's how the anime should've looked like!
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yes, the film was amazing. Palpatine and Old Ben really stole this one, especially Palpatine... "My little green friend", indeed. LOL
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

raw bt sites?

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

seems like now a days all the good bt sites for raws are down. Do I need to resort to firing winny up to get new chapters? :P
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Looks like a spoiler...

of the UJ Website
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Is she handing the sword to somebody or is she threatening Tetsuhito with it?

Because I'd be scared fighting against someone with a sword as big as Reiki.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Awesome chapter.

Man, I just couldn't stop grinning while watching my lovely-lovely Maya kick some serious butt...

But the fight seems to be pretty much even. Maya looked in control in terms of speed and technique, but she is yet to put a real dent in Kagiroi.

Oh, and the rest of the Jyuukenbu and Executive Council seem to be fully working torether now.

PS The beginning of the chapter creeped me out a bit. WHAT THE F**K???
Last edited by MrProphet on Fri May 20, 2005 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZoddGuts
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ZoddGuts »

Ch. 84 is out on torrent

here

source: http://www.tokyotosho.com/
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

All I can say is: only Maya can make unsheathing a sword look that sexy. 8)

And one more thing--it's a bit disappointing that Kagiroi resorts to "cheating" a bit. But then, such things don't really matter when it comes to a real fight.

Ok, that's all.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

wow the animation in this ch. is awesome, and Mits knows about Maya's condition....

is it just me or de he seemed worried for Maya?
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

one thing i dont understand is whats with the flasback between maya and mits?
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

TW_J wrote:one thing i dont understand is whats with the flasback between maya and mits?
More less i'm guessing Maya and Mits are coming closer together and reforming their bond. If you notice on the next page it seems Nagi is jealous or something, I'm not sure though I would have to have a translation.
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

It looks and sounds good from what everyone has said thus far. Hope its available via Direct DL soon via the other sites. If anyone can PM me and send me this ch 84 raw that be great! If not ill have to wait a about a week..oh well. And no i cant use bittorent. And dont bother commenting cuase i've heard it all before.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think just the opposite is happening. Going by just what's been drawn, it looks like a repeat of what happened when Maya and that tattoo guy were fighting at the beginning of the past arc. Shin is even in that one panel where he's clenching his fist so tight its starting to bleed. Same thing is happening with Mits. It seems like Mits doesn't believe she's strong enough to take on Tetsuhito. Could very well be foreshadowing of Mits and Maya letting go of each other. Looks like Souichirou will be faced with a similar choice to what Mits faced. Be strong for himself or be strong for others. Mits chose to be strong for himself, so Souichirou will probably choose the latter.

Weird, Tetsuhito's blade changed shape didn't it. Now its curved rather than straight.
Last edited by EliteF22 on Fri May 20, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

So...Nagi turns out to be a good guy?

Good chapter and it's interesting thus far how the fight is going between Maya and Tetsuhito, but I want to see some father on son action now. Oh, and Nagi has to take the Dragons that Tetsuhito is storing too.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Man, I really want to know what mama Nagi said to Maya.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

EliteF22 wrote:I think just the opposite is happening. Going by just what's been drawn, it looks like a repeat of what happened when Maya and that tattoo guy were fighting at the beginning of the past arc. Shin is even in that one panel where he's clenching his fist so tight its starting to bleed. Same thing is happening with Mits. It seems like Mits doesn't believe she's strong enough to take on Tetsuhito. Could very well be foreshadowing of Mits and Maya letting go of each other. Looks like Souichirou will be faced with a similar choice to what Mits faced. Be strong for himself or be strong for others. Mits chose to be strong for himself, so Souichirou will probably choose the latter.

Weird, Tetsuhito's blade changed shape didn't it. Now its curved rather than straight.
I don't think that was shin's fist, I think that was Mits.

That image was of Shin? didn't seem like it, if so it wasn't that great IMPOV. Maybe (assuming that was shin) maybe bringing them back together but I can definetly see them making the choice of letting go of each other and Maya focusing on bringing about the "Fighting Paradise" that shin loved about their school.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Page 13. The right panel shows Mits clenched fist with blood dripping down. The middle panel is a flashback panel to when Maya was fighting that tattoo guy in the past arc. That's Shin with his back facing us. Notice his fists, blood dripping from them too. If you go back to the past volume that that occurred in, you'll see it better.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

MrProphet wrote:PS The beginning of the chapter creeped me out a bit. WHAT THE F**K???
I didn't read that part carefully, but assume it's dealing with the birth of Tetsuhito...?
EliteF22 wrote:Man, I really want to know what mama Nagi said to Maya.
She basically told Maya all she knows about Souhaku and Tetsuhito. But says that Maya must never try to fight them herself. She's telling this stuff to Maya to pass on to those who can fight Souhaku and Tetsuhito.

Maya fights Tetsuhito anyway and can avoid his techniques because of what Makiko's told her (eg she gets under the water when Tetsuhito employs the technique of the Hihi family - a branch of the Shoujou family - because that technique has no effect in water). Tetsuhito figures out that Makiko must have told Maya about his techniques. But, he says, what Makiko knows of him was from 8 years ago, and he suggests that now he's "version upped".
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

If he knows the technique, does that mean he has the Shoujou family eighth gate? Their one of the six founding red feather's so we might get to see what the next eighth gate is. Are you sure that the beginning was the birth of Tetsuhito? Souhaku would have had to at most been in his teens considering that he doesn't look all that much older than Tetsuhito. He looks too tall in that scene.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Natsume Maya wrote:
MrProphet wrote:PS The beginning of the chapter creeped me out a bit. WHAT THE F**K???
I didn't read that part carefully, but assume it's dealing with the birth of Tetsuhito...?
The baby looked positively dead there...

Anyway, I think that scene was wholly gratuitous and unnecessary. Oh! great just totally missed the mark with the wanton gore. I mean, usually, when he shows sex or violence, it has some purpose. Mataza had a bloody, violent past. Gore scenes add to his character. Makiko is shown naked not for the ecchiness factor, but because it's necessary to explain the scene.

What's the point here? We already know that Kago is weird and does horrible stuff. What is the point of showing this kind of disgusting imagery?

Wanton and gratuitous, if you ask me.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Thing I want to know is other than the fact It's obivious that Mits figures out/knows about Maya's left arm, I just want to know exactly is it that they say on pgs 7 and up? (well not exactly but pretty informative :P )
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

oh my... now how many percentage Maya can win this battle???

I wonder.... it seems that Tetsuhito is too strong for her to take on...
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

EliteF22 wrote:If he knows the technique, does that mean he has the Shoujou family eighth gate? Their one of the six founding red feather's so we might get to see what the next eighth gate is.
There's reference to the "Shoudou" chakra/gate of the Hihi family, a branch of the Shoujou family, and to a chakra/gate of the Rikudou family, a branch of the Kabane family, so I assume Tetsuhito has the gates of the those two branch families.

Branch families of Red Feather families have eighth gates as well, since Mataza's claw ability stems from the Shukyou family, a branch of the Kabane family.

I don't recall any reference to Tetsuhito having the gate of the Shoujou family itself, only one of the branch families.
EliteF22 wrote:Are you sure that the beginning was the birth of Tetsuhito? Souhaku would have had to at most been in his teens considering that he doesn't look all that much older than Tetsuhito. He looks too tall in that scene.
MrProphet wrote:The baby looked positively dead there...

Anyway, I think that scene was wholly gratuitous and unnecessary. Oh! great just totally missed the mark with the wanton gore. I mean, usually, when he shows sex or violence, it has some purpose. Mataza had a bloody, violent past.
Again, I haven't thought about it much, but my first impression was that those two pages were referring to Tetsuhito's birth. All those references to the smell, taste, colour of iron (tetsu), being born bathed in iron colour etc...

Personally, I didn't find this scene so off-putting. It's graphic, yet I found the scene with Yorimasa was much grosser.

But how are CMX going to explain it? :twisted:
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Whoops, sorry skipped over the branch family part. Still, I can't wait to see what the eighth gates for Kabane, Shoujou, and Kago are. I don't really care for the branch families.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I haven't really been reading this - I've been busy. I have, by the way, sucessfully defended my phd thesis, and am now Dr. FuguTabetai.

I was going to start translating this chapter last night, but my laptop hard drive died the death of a terrible clanking and smoking. So I'm going to have to get a new hard drive before I can get any real amount of translation done. I'll probably have a translation by next week sometime, assuming I don't party too hard.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I split off some of the congrats comments into a new post in the News section.

We were getting a bit off-topic.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hey all, just to let you know I've started on my translation. It will be going slowly because I'm currently in the process of moving. Anyway, check in the usual place for up to date translations.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I'm still looking for a direct download for this chapter... :(
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

when you do let me know :)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Well, well, a nice chapter once again - I was starting to worry if we get to see our other heroes again. Mh, I just hope that Aya will join them and they will go to look out for Maya & co.

I'm rather optimistic that Maya will win that fight eventually... this whole ranting about 'steel' in Fugu's translation makes me think about him getting drowned because he can't swim. I doubt that Maya will be injured too bad, as she's just too important for the plot to just dump her in that battle against Tetsuhito. We will soon see that Maya is no 'small fry', heh heh.

Oh, and I'm so glad that Isuzu is finally back, although Kagurazaka did not seem to too *so* amused. *mwahahaha*
Bomb me, please.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Ahh, love is in the air between Maya and Mitsuomi :D

I'm actually begining to like Mitsuomi, I think in the previous ch. when he comes to Maya and ask her to hand over Reiki was just a simple front.
attonbitus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by attonbitus »

i think the love was always there cause she really doesn't hate him
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Is she positively talking about Mitsuomi there? She talks about samurai which is something that she talked about with Souichirou. Madoka also made that comment about samurai. Then later Maya says that all that talk was just cause she didn't want the person she liked to see how her fight turns out. Seems like she was trying to keep Souichirou away.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

EliteF22 wrote:Is she positively talking about Mitsuomi there? She talks about samurai which is something that she talked about with Souichirou. Madoka also made that comment about samurai. Then later Maya says that all that talk was just cause she didn't want the person she liked to see how her fight turns out. Seems like she was trying to keep Souichirou away.

Yes, I did see that way too, but it's when she said that "Why can't he notice that ... ?"

I simply think it was Mitsuomi.

Not to forget to mention all the talk on how they first met in the snow, and also how she became a women and born a samurai cause of Mitsuomi
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Hopefully Maya gets beat up next chapter. Because Mama Nagi should never ever be wrong about anything.

Of course, then you get the emotional moments between Maya and Mitsoumi and a set up for Nagi vs. Mitsoumi in the school tournament.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Mama Nagi should make up her own freaking mind! :twisted:

First she says Maya CAN'T fight Kagiroi. Then she says she'll train Maya so she CAN fight Kagiroi. Finally, she says that Maya WON'T be able to fight Kagiroi. All in one sentence.

Now, either the old girl is growing senile, or Fugu's translation is awkward somehow...
Nagi Makiko: I'm positive that you won't be able to fight them.
Nagi Makiko: I'll tell you these words... so that some day you will be able to fight with them.
Nagi Makiko: Maya-san. You and them... will not even be able to fight.
I mean... what the hell is she talking about?!
EternalAniron
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EternalAniron »

*cries*
Now after reading all the posts i will most definetly have to find a way to get my hands on the manga. lol after watching the anime i got hooked, i need to see how this series ends,you can't just end the show like they did. Judging what everybody has to say about the manga it must be a good idea.

So in this chapter there's hope for Maya an Mits? I really want them to find their way back to each other..

Also when you talk about Maya being hurt, is it the same wound as before? The one she got from Izumi?

* sorry i'm new and completely out of the loop,please be gentle with me*
Fun to look at, fun to use, and i'm sure a joy to experience
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Maya's arm has been broken for a while. She didn't want to take advantage of the Dragon's Palm technique because it would drain her ki or something, which she had been storing for a long time in preparation for the Election Tournament. I think her arm is out of the sling now.

She broke a few ribs when Kagiroi hit her last chapter.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

MrProphet wrote:Mama Nagi should <a href="make%20up" onmouseover="window.status='make up'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">make up</a> her own freaking mind! :twisted:

First she says Maya CAN'T fight Kagiroi. Then she says she'll train Maya so she CAN fight Kagiroi. Finally, she says that Maya WON'T be able to fight Kagiroi. All in one sentence.

Now, either the old girl is growing senile, or Fugu's translation is awkward somehow...
Nagi Makiko: I'm positive that you won't be able to fight them.
Nagi Makiko: I'll tell you these words... so that some day you will be able to fight with them.
Nagi Makiko: Maya-san. You and them... will not even be able to fight.
I mean... what the hell is she talking about?!

Keep in mind Makiko is saying them so I don't think she's just refering to Kagiori, I mean what about Kabuto (sp?) and the rest of F ?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

By "them" she is referring to Souhaku and Tetsuhito.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

MrProphet wrote:By "them" she is referring to Souhaku and Tetsuhito.
I think she's referring to all of F not just those two.