Differences between Manga and TV series??

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Differences between Manga and TV series??

Post by Hariel0079 »

Are there any minor or huge story differences in Tenjo Tenge between the TV series and Manga?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Style: manga's drawing varies quite a lot through the volumes, while anime's style always stays the same.

Plot: Not much different, although some scenes are either cut short or "reinterpreted" from a different position. But the basic plot stays the same.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

TV series ends weird..

and all forms of nudity/sex are stripped from the TV show. but the story it self is basically all there (up to the point it ends at least, the manga goes farther then the TV show)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Style: manga's drawing varies quite a lot through the volumes, while anime's style always stays the same.

Plot: Not much different, although some scenes are either cut short or "reinterpreted" from a different position. But the basic plot stays the same.
I wouldn't say it varies alot, sometimes the author just puts more detail in and its kinda "evolved" from the early volumes. Anyway its also 10X better than the anime IMO.

Yeah the plot stayed pretty close except for some minor points, except for the crappy ending in both the tv and OVA and if you count the OVA they change a few things so they can pick back up on the plot after the end of the tv series.
Father Vincent
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Father Vincent »

It's censored and the art style is ugly.
maximilianjenus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by maximilianjenus »

the anime has no tits, so it sux more than the manga.

because i really can't see anyother change in there, really that argument of the tenjo tenge manga being much better than the anime i find dumb, at much i would say the manga is 10% better.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

maximilianjenus wrote:the anime has no tits, so it sux more than the manga.

because i really can't see anyother change in there, really that argument of the tenjo tenge manga being much better than the anime i find dumb, at much i would say the manga is 10% better.
I'd say the level of art in the manga is way more than 10% better, even if you take out the tits.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

The manga is still continuing so I don't think the anime shows everything.. how far does the anime series get to and also how many episodes?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

TV-series goes upto the middle of volume 8, OVA sort of concludes Volume 8 (with notable deviations from the manga).

That's 51 chapters out of 84 total.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

MrProphet wrote:TV-series goes upto the middle of volume 8, OVA sort of concludes Volume 8 (with notable deviations from the manga).

51 chapters, that's around the time of Mitsuomi and Shin fight memory right? or after...?

I bet the OVA does a summary of what happend in the TV series and then goes on huh?
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

Hariel0079 wrote:
MrProphet wrote:TV-series goes upto the middle of volume 8, OVA sort of concludes Volume 8 (with notable deviations from the manga).

51 chapters, that's around the time of Mitsuomi and Shin fight memory right? or after...?

I bet the OVA does a summary of what happend in the TV series and then goes on huh?
shin and mitsuomi fight in chapter 44/45 if my memory not fails=p
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hariel0079 wrote:

It just shows the last 30 seconds of the last ep and then goes into the story. Because of the tv ending its kinda messed up because they skipped alot of vol 8 and start at the end with Nagi's opening his dragon gate but then go back and do the Aya vs Maya fight.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

The manga has much, much, much, much better art. But it's pretty confusing.

BTW, kk1, I like your new avatar.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Asunder wrote:The manga has much, much, much, much better art. But it's pretty confusing.

^I have to totally agree with that, the manga art is by far much more better.

I read Vol.2 today at borders and one thing I need answered....

When Nagi is fighting Sagara at the bowling alley and Aya busy fighting the guy with the staff...

What was up with that whole talk on the dragon like it was some incantation to awakens Nagi's gate or somethin? (after Aya see's Nagi's past and how he wants to get revenge on the person aka Kago who cut off his mothers arm and took her eye)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:The manga has much, much, much, much better art. But it's pretty confusing.

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hariel0079 wrote:

When Nagi is fighting Sagara at the bowling alley and Aya busy fighting the guy with the staff...

What was up with that whole talk on the dragon like it was some incantation to awakens Nagi's gate or somethin? (after Aya see's Nagi's past and how he wants to get revenge on the person aka Kago who cut off his mothers arm and took her eye)
It's not an incantation, just a little foreshadowing, from something his mother said to him when he was little, how did they transalte it? the translation probably made it confusing.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

kk1 wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:

It's not an incantation, just a little foreshadowing, from something his mother said to him when he was little, how did they transalte it? the translation probably made it confusing.
^The way I read it at Waldens it more read like an incantation so I guess the translation made it confusing. When I read Fugu's translation on VOl. 2 it didn't read that way as much... then again I was just only reading the script (no pictures)
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

The anime ends at the eighth volume, it would probably continue but the manga is still going so i guess they are waiting for it to end. The manga has better drawing and explains more than the manga.