Fight 85

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:36 pm

I don't see how the fight was close at all. Maya could barely hurt Tetsuhito, and he was pummeling her like a punching bag. Bushichi & Mitsuomi would likely also be no match for him. If not for Reiki...
Thank you I'm glad someone else agrees with me, and I was feeling sorta lonely thiking I was the only odd ball not seeing the fight close.

Quote:
According to Tetsuhito, the women of the Kageroi famility have been consuming a bit of iron every day for the last 2 thousand years. Which is why iron doesn't work on him... (think of it as a long term spell I guess)


That's weird... I take iron in my diet too. Doesn't do jack for me...
:lol:

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:06 am

Hariel0079 wrote:
I don't see how the fight was close at all. Maya could barely hurt Tetsuhito, and he was pummeling her like a punching bag. Bushichi & Mitsuomi would likely also be no match for him. If not for Reiki...
Thank you I'm glad someone else agrees with me, and I was feeling sorta lonely thiking I was the only odd ball not seeing the fight close.


:
I agree with you, Maya got her butt whupped and has to be close to dead after the beating Tetauhito gave her (one punch 2 chapters ago broke a couple ribs, her insides must be pudding now). It's obvious last chapter Tetsuhito did underestimate her knowledge of his dragon gates but obviously was never in any real trouble and only Maya's tremendous skill allowed her to get him some hits on him. I'm really curious to see why Reki reacted so adversly to him and why in the flashback Makiko tried to kill him so suddenly after just voluntarly giving him her power.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:16 am

zangetsu wrote:You think Tetsu will be able to use Dragon palm and heal himself?
.
I'm pretty sure losing Makiko's eye makes him lose her powers.
zangetsu wrote: I just want to see him do something really badass. As it is, his fighting style kinda sucks...visually, I mean. It dosen't look so much like graceful and fluid martial arts (like the previous fights), as it does two people pummeling eachother.
.
With all the power he had it doesn't look like Tetsuhito ever bothered learning any martial arts, but seriously why would he need to.


zangetsu wrote: I know Maya's far from a pushover and all, but I can't help thinking that all that time and effort by Souhaku, all that pain and torture Makiko's been through was to create a guy who can just barely stay ahead of Maya, and would probably get owned by Tawara and Mitsumi.

.
Barely? Owned? You must be joking, it looks like only Reiki saved Maya from being killed. I really don't see how Tawara or Mistuomi would have fared much better especially since neither of them know how to avoid his red feather powers.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:20 am

Asunder wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:I know this sounds kinda weird, but does Oh! Great now seem to shy away from showing Maya naked? In the bowling alley he had her topless for a few panels, but lately he doesn't seem to be drawing in the details. All Aya's scenes show everything except beaver, but for Maya it seems like he purposely omits things.
Well, Maya did have her breasts exposed in this chapter. I'm guessing that a) Maya is just too popular to show the full details and b) it detracts from her bearing (more refined, wise, world-worn, etc.) if she's shown naked in full detail.
Just the situations, Aya's only been naked when she gets spaced out while using the Dragon's eye. Maya obviously wouldn't get in that situation and is more often than not in her chibi form, leaving even less opputunity to be naked. I doubt it has anything to do with her popularity, I think the opposite would be true in that case.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:26 am

EliteF22 wrote:Looks like Kagiroi might become food once Souichirou sees what he's done to Maya.
I think Kagiori's powers are gone(and thus worthless food) and if Maya doesn't finish him off I think Mits and Souichiro will.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:24 pm

It seems to me that it depends on how the whole eye thing works. What I'm thinking right now is that he has the dragons since they were transferred to him. But since everyone only has one that gate and dragon that their body is tuned to, the other ones that were transferred his body wouldn't know how to access them. That's where the transferring of the eye is necessary, since it contains all the gate pathway information thus telling his ki how to where to find each gate in his body. So by destroying the eye it just eliminates Tet's ability to open those other gates, leaving him with just his original gate which is the fire one I think. Those other dragon's are still in him so Souichirou can still eat them.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:02 pm

For the nakedness, here is my opinion: TJTG is getting more popularity (especially after the TV-series), so people from Shueisha are telling him to tone it down a bit.

We see a lot of blood and gore in these recent volumes, but much less sex that we had in the first chapters. Aya seemed like a one-off, and I don't think we'll see any more sex scenes like we had in the very beginning.

Intervention of this kind from the publisher is VERY common, especially among shounen magazines.

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:22 pm

kk1 wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:
I don't see how the fight was close at all. Maya could barely hurt Tetsuhito, and he was pummeling her like a <a href="punching%20bag" onmouseover="window.status='punching bag'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">punching bag</a>. Bushichi & Mitsuomi would likely also be no match for him. If not for Reiki...
Thank you I'm glad someone else agrees with me, and I was feeling sorta lonely thiking I was the only odd ball not seeing the fight close.


:
I agree with you, Maya got her butt whupped and has to be close to dead after the beating Tetauhito gave her (one punch 2 chapters ago broke a couple ribs, her insides must be pudding now). It's obvious last chapter Tetsuhito did underestimate her knowledge of his dragon gates but obviously was never in any real trouble and only Maya's tremendous skill allowed her to get him some hits on him. I'm really curious to see why Reki reacted so adversly to him and why in the flashback Makiko tried to kill him so suddenly after just voluntarly giving him her power.

That's what I'm most curious about. Reiki is what saved Maya. if Tetsuhito didn't touch it Im sure Maya would be in worse condition. I believe that the quick flashback scene of Maya and Mit's on the motorcycle was probably signifiying as Maya prepared to die and accept "reality"

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:26 pm

kk1 wrote:
zangetsu wrote:You think Tetsu will be able to use Dragon palm and heal himself?
.
I'm pretty sure losing Makiko's eye makes him lose her powers.
zangetsu wrote: I just want to see him do something really badass. As it is, his fighting style kinda sucks...visually, I mean. It dosen't look so much like graceful and fluid martial arts (like the previous fights), as it does two people pummeling eachother.
.
With all the power he had it doesn't look like Tetsuhito ever bothered learning any martial arts, but seriously why would he need to.


zangetsu wrote: I know Maya's far from a pushover and all, but I can't help thinking that all that time and effort by Souhaku, all that pain and torture Makiko's been through was to create a guy who can just barely stay ahead of Maya, and would probably get owned by Tawara and Mitsumi.

.
Barely? Owned? You must be joking, it looks like only Reiki saved Maya from being killed. I really don't see how Tawara or Mistuomi would have fared much better especially since neither of them know how to avoid his red feather powers.

So I can assume we're all in agreement here that the left eye in Tetsuhitos face is Makikos.

But when it was removed Kago said if Makiko was to have "eaten" the power of the Dragon eye from shin natsume on that day, that's where the Dragon eyes power and the rest of the dragons that Makiko had would channel through.. it would be through that left eye of hers.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 pm

I think Souhaku actually said that her eyes were the last place she didn't have a gate, meaning the Dragon's Eye ability was the last ability that she hadn't eaten. What is stored in the eye is the pathway to the gate or gates of the person that the ki must travel to activate that ability, information that is usually passed on through the bloodline. The eye itself doesn't store the power, it merely stores the instructions on how to use the power.

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:55 pm

Not yet done with my downloading, but if I'm not mistaken, I gather that Kagiroi's left eye is either lost or injured?

Kinda had the feeling that the eye could be Makiko's early on--as an important detail in the overall story. But now that Kagiroi's got an eyepatch, what now? Now that it's wasted or injured, it makes me wonder if it's still going to play a significant purpose. I mean, this twist of sorts was just recently introduced and it's now possibly unuseable?

For one thing, Souhaku might just have to start all over again with Souichirou.
Last edited by kujoe on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:58 pm

EliteF22 wrote:I think Souhaku actually said that her eyes were the last place she didn't have a gate, meaning the Dragon's Eye ability was the last ability that she hadn't eaten. What is stored in the eye is the pathway to the gate or gates of the person that the ki must travel to activate that ability, information that is usually passed on through the bloodline. The eye itself doesn't store the power, it merely stores the instructions on how to use the power.
Yea, it was something along those lines I have the chapter but just didn't bother to load it up. :)

Since the eye gives Tetsuhito instructions how to use the dragon gates.. even though Maya stabbed the eye, I don't think it disables his ability to use the gates at all... but then again this is just an assumption on my part. (like building a big wheel without the instruction manual... maybe difficult to build but not Impossible)

kidneo66
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:00 am

Post by kidneo66 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 pm

sorry this is off topic, but how is the new chapter of dogs? just corious

Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: NY

Post by Rev » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 pm

I'm kind of anonnyed. I was expecting so much more from Tetsu. The bastard didn't even use that move he did on Fu Chi'en. matter of fact he didn't show any of his true powers. I'm gald he got stabbed in his eye for looking down on maya. hopefully he will get serious next chapter and show what he made of.

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:49 pm

Rev wrote:I'm kind of anonnyed. I was expecting so much more from Tetsu. The bastard didn't even use that move he did on Fu Chi'en. matter of fact he didn't show any of his true powers. I'm gald he got stabbed in his eye for looking down on maya. hopefully he will get serious next chapter and show what he made of.
^Personally speaking here... I have say Tetsu didn't really have to show much at all, he's already proving why he's Kago's right hand man (so to speak) I'm sure the next chapter he wont hold back and I'm expecting some sort of intervention from Souichiro

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:11 pm

MrProphet wrote:For the nakedness, here is my opinion: TJTG is getting more popularity (especially after the TV-series), so people from Shueisha are telling him to tone it down a bit.

We see a lot of blood and gore in these recent volumes, but much less sex that we had in the first chapters. Aya seemed like a one-off, and I don't think we'll see any more sex scenes like we had in the very beginning.

Intervention of this kind from the publisher is VERY common, especially among shounen magazines.
wow you must not have been paying attention the last couple of chapters, someones been naked most of the time and there was a rape of a fairly young looking girl in this very chapter, I don't think anyones told Oh! Great to tone it down and if they did he hasn't been listening.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:20 pm

Hariel0079 wrote:
Rev wrote:I'm kind of anonnyed. I was expecting so much more from Tetsu. The bastard didn't even use that move he did on Fu Chi'en. matter of fact he didn't show any of his true powers. I'm gald he got stabbed in his eye for looking down on maya. hopefully he will get serious next chapter and show what he made of.
^Personally speaking here... I have say Tetsu didn't really have to show much at all, he's already proving why he's Kago's right hand man (so to speak) I'm sure the next chapter he wont hold back and I'm expecting some sort of intervention from Souichiro
Yeah no real reason to show much, and he did show some powers but Maya countered most of them. Next chapter I think he's done, without the use of his powers all he's got is his invulnerablity to steel and that's not going to help him with Mits and Souichiro pounding his face in with their fists.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:32 pm

EliteF22 wrote:It seems to me that it depends on how the whole eye thing works. What I'm thinking right now is that he has the dragons since they were transferred to him. But since everyone only has one that gate and dragon that their body is tuned to, the other ones that were transferred his body wouldn't know how to access them. That's where the transferring of the eye is necessary, since it contains all the gate pathway information thus telling his ki how to where to find each gate in his body. So by destroying the eye it just eliminates Tet's ability to open those other gates, leaving him with just his original gate which is the fire one I think. Those other dragon's are still in him so Souichirou can still eat them.
Hmm yeah I guess he would still have them, though I don't recall him ever having one of his own, when did it say he had one?

User avatar
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: NA

Post by Hollowshingami » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:41 pm

Rev wrote:I'm kind of anonnyed. I was expecting so much more from Tetsu. The bastard didn't even use that move he did on Fu Chi'en. matter of fact he didn't show any of his true powers. I'm gald he got stabbed in his eye for looking down on maya. hopefully he will get serious next chapter and show what he made of.
I think the move he used on Fu Chi'en might of been Kago family gate. I might be wrong but I thought it had to do something with necromancy. As far as Kagiroi having some kind of gate I'm not sure. At the end of fight 84 Maya mentioned something about Kagiroi family being the family of the universe's element of fire.

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:47 pm

I sorta have a theory on why Reiki responded when Tetsuhito touched it.

Since most of us are in agreement that Tetsuhito's left eye is really Makiko's eye that was taken out but Shouhaku this theory of mine should be fairly sound 8)


Well remeber when Souichiro was fighting Mataza's son from "F"... during that battle Reiki was reacting and since other than Souichiro who posesses the 'Demon exorcist bloodline" Makiko does and since Tetsuhito left eye is really Makiko's (assuming) then it would be sound to think the reason why Reiki reacted to when Tetsuhito touched Reiki was because of Makiko's eye that Tetsuhito posseses.


or I can just be completely wrong on this matter and in any case it was worh a shot. :oops:

User avatar
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: NA

Post by Hollowshingami » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:09 am

Hariel0079 wrote:I sorta have a theory on why Reiki responded when Tetsuhito touched it.

Since most of us are in agreement that Tetsuhito's left eye is really Makiko's eye that was taken out but Shouhaku this theory of mine should be fairly sound 8)


Well remeber when Souichiro was fighting Mataza's son from "F"... during that battle Reiki was reacting and since other than Souichiro who posesses the 'Demon exorcist bloodline" Makiko does and since Tetsuhito left eye is really Makiko's (assuming) then it would be sound to think the reason why Reiki reacted to when Tetsuhito touched Reiki was because of Makiko's eye that Tetsuhito posseses.


or I can just be completely wrong on this matter and in any case it was worh a shot. :oops:
If I remember correctly reiki reacted to Shin in the same way. I think Maya said as much when Souichirou and Mataza were going at it. But when it reacted to Shin and Souichirou, they both had their red feather gates open. It might just react to red feathers or those who have red feather gates. Hopefully, the tranlation will clear some of this up. 8)

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:26 am

Hollowshingami wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:I sorta have a theory on why Reiki responded when Tetsuhito touched it.

Since most of us are in agreement that Tetsuhito's left eye is really Makiko's eye that was taken out but Shouhaku this theory of mine should be fairly sound 8)


Well remeber when Souichiro was fighting Mataza's son from "F"... during that battle Reiki was reacting and since other than Souichiro who posesses the 'Demon exorcist bloodline" Makiko does and since Tetsuhito left eye is really Makiko's (assuming) then it would be sound to think the reason why Reiki reacted to when Tetsuhito touched Reiki was because of Makiko's eye that Tetsuhito posseses.


or I can just be completely wrong on this matter and in any case it was worh a shot. :oops:
If I remember correctly reiki reacted to Shin in the same way. I think Maya said as much when Souichirou and Mataza were going at it. But when it reacted to Shin and Souichirou, they both had their red feather gates open. It might just react to red feathers or those who have red feather gates. Hopefully, the tranlation will clear some of this up. 8)
Yeah it was just reacting to their power, its never done what it did when Tesuhto touched it, I'm not even going to try a theory on this as I have no idea why Tetsuhito and Souhaku are afraid of it and would have a different reaction then everyone else. There's still so much we don't know about all three of them I'm just going to wait for Oh! Great to explain it.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 am

Hollowshingami wrote:
Rev wrote:I'm kind of anonnyed. I was expecting so much more from Tetsu. The bastard didn't even use that move he did on Fu Chi'en. matter of fact he didn't show any of his true powers. I'm gald he got stabbed in his eye for looking down on maya. hopefully he will get serious next chapter and show what he made of.
I think the move he used on Fu Chi'en might of been Kago family gate. I might be wrong but I thought it had to do something with necromancy. As far as Kagiroi having some kind of gate I'm not sure. At the end of fight 84 Maya mentioned something about Kagiroi family being the family of the universe's element of fire.
Actually to me it looked exactly like Fu Chi'en's own lightning power, and I don't think he would have a gate from Souhaku's family.

Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:21 am

Post by Faust Am » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:23 am

Just my 2 cents....

===============

Hm... let's see....

Reiki somehow activated when Kagiroi Tetsuhito touches it...

But then... while the battle is still going on before... Reiki touches his body a lot but there's nothing happens....

==============

Kagiroi Tetsuhito was send by Souhaku to stop Maya and Reiki... so... shouldn't Souhaku know if something will happen when Tetsuhito touches Reiki...

==============

My conclusion... well... somehow I believe... there is other reason why Reiki activated...

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:38 am

I'd like to think that Reiki was activated because Maya was pushed to the point of near-death. You can see Kagiroi was trying to yank away that Reiki that Maya was keeping and I guess Shin came back to protect her.

Just look at the art for the last couple of pages. Page 24 shows a very Shin-like figure surrounding Kagiroi. And Maya starts to look very Shin-like. Very, very Shin-like.

Edit: And looking back at Volume 2 of TJTG, I don't think Nagi was making water bullets anymore. It just seems like Oh! Great draws drops in water like that.

shouki
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by shouki » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am

Asunder wrote:I'd like to think that Reiki was activated because Maya was pushed to the point of near-death. You can see Kagiroi was trying to yank away that Reiki that Maya was keeping and I guess Shin came back to protect her.

Just look at the art for the last couple of pages. Page 24 shows a very Shin-like figure surrounding Kagiroi. And Maya starts to look very Shin-like. Very, very Shin-like.
And we also have Maya saying that Shin kicked her back from the edge of death...

Given that Reki didn't immediately react to Kagiroi touching the blade, it does seem like there was another factor involved...

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am

kk1 wrote:wow you must not have been paying attention the last couple of chapters, someones been naked most of the time and there was a rape of a fairly young looking girl in this very chapter, I don't think anyones told Oh! Great to tone it down and if they did he hasn't been listening.
None of them were there for the ecchi factor. In fact, none of them were even remotely sexual.

You wouldn't claim that, for example, Enma Emni's rape was sexually exciting and stimulating? Would you?

Makiko's torture scene didn't excite me much either. Or seeing semi-naked Maya with her head punched in.

There hasn't been much ecchi recently except for naked Aya and Shizuru in one tiny scene.

The last real ecchi scene I can remember right now was with Asshat and his guard way, waaay back. Well, maybe Aya bathing little Mouki was somewhat ecchi. Remind me, if there was anything else titillating...

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:21 am

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:wow you must not have been paying attention the last couple of chapters, someones been naked most of the time and there was a rape of a fairly young looking girl in this very chapter, I don't think anyones told Oh! Great to tone it down and if they did he hasn't been listening.
None of them were there for the ecchi factor. In fact, none of them were even remotely sexual.

You wouldn't claim that, for example, Enma Emni's rape was sexually exciting and stimulating? Would you?

Makiko's torture scene didn't excite me much either. Or seeing semi-naked Maya with her head punched in.

There hasn't been much ecchi recently except for naked Aya and Shizuru in one tiny scene.

The last real ecchi scene I can remember right now was with Asshat and his guard way, waaay back. Well, maybe Aya bathing little Mouki was somewhat ecchi. Remind me, if there was anything else titillating...
So you're saying the early stuff like Chiaki's rape was titilating? I don't get your point, Ten Ten hasn't changed, to me the nudity has always been there and always just been a realistic part of the book, if he wanted to Oh! Great could have easily had everyone lose their clothes or banging each other every issue(like Ikkitousen) but he doesn't. I don't see how anything in the earlier chapters was there simply for the ecchiness factor alone compared to anything recently. About the only gratuitous stuff to me are the cleavage and panty shots.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:19 pm

shouki wrote:
Asunder wrote:I'd like to think that Reiki was activated because Maya was pushed to the point of near-death. You can see Kagiroi was trying to yank away that Reiki that Maya was keeping and I guess Shin came back to protect her.

Just look at the art for the last couple of pages. Page 24 shows a very Shin-like figure surrounding Kagiroi. And Maya starts to look very Shin-like. Very, very Shin-like.
And we also have Maya saying that Shin kicked her back from the edge of death...
Reading that last few pages, it seems Tetsuhito did think Maya was dead, he didn't hold anything back on that beating.
Last edited by kk1 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:28 pm

I still need to see the translations.. unless someone can provide it for me.

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:44 pm

Hariel0079 wrote:I still need to see the translations.. unless someone can provide it for me.
This came out what, two days ago?
I will work on it when I have time. I'm busy trying to find a job now, and going back and forth between Austin and Dallas. I'll probably have it done in a week or so, but feel free to look around for other people to translate it. Shouki seems to know what he's doing, and the guys at Evil-Genius have been translating as well (I think, I haven't really kept up with that.) I'll put a note in this thread when I've started though. I thought I could get to it last night, but I've really got a lot to do, and wasn't able to get around to it.

User avatar
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:24 am

Post by Vampire Advent » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:27 pm

Wow nice fight and I do agree with those who say it wasn't close at all Maya was getting her ass kicked it took everything she had just too stay alive during those moments and I also agree the enemy fighter wasn't much of a fighter skill wise.

But who needs skill when you have insane power right. :roll:

jimmy1200
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:18 am

Post by jimmy1200 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:36 pm

he wasnt given exactly alot of paper time. he showed some skill when he smack the shit out of masataka and the other broad, and healed them with his dragon palm. it wasnt a small heal either. plus his quick ab blow to maya took skill, or else she would have seen through it and just smacked his ass, but true, who needs a thousand moves, if im simply just stronger than you period.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:15 pm

kk1 wrote:So you're saying the early stuff like Chiaki's rape was titilating? I don't get your point, Ten Ten hasn't changed, to me the nudity has always been there and always just been a realistic part of the book, if he wanted to Oh! Great could have easily had everyone lose their clothes or banging each other every issue(like Ikkitousen) but he doesn't. I don't see how anything in the earlier chapters was there simply for the ecchiness factor alone compared to anything recently. About the only gratuitous stuff to me are the cleavage and panty shots.
Chiaki's scenes with Bob were, Chiaki's scene with Aya was, Mitsuomi's scenes with Mana were, Asshat's girls were.

Those were the titillating scenes. We don't get much of them anymore.

Rape, murder and torture, even featuring nudity, are not ecchi.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:57 pm

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:So you're saying the early stuff like Chiaki's rape was titilating? I don't get your point, Ten Ten hasn't changed, to me the nudity has always been there and always just been a realistic part of the book, if he wanted to Oh! Great could have easily had everyone lose their clothes or banging each other every issue(like Ikkitousen) but he doesn't. I don't see how anything in the earlier chapters was there simply for the ecchiness factor alone compared to anything recently. About the only gratuitous stuff to me are the cleavage and panty shots.
Chiaki's scenes with Bob were, Chiaki's scene with Aya was, Mitsuomi's scenes with Mana were, Asshat's girls were.

Those were the titillating scenes. We don't get much of them anymore.

Rape, murder and torture, even featuring nudity, are not ecchi.
Let's see that was Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 5, Vol 9, and if you count those you have to count Madoka fighting in her bra and panties in Vol 12, Aya's naked zone out and pantsless Shizuru in Vol 13, or naked mirror Aya this volume no one being raped, murdered or tortured there. Looks pretty consistently spread across the book from the beginning until now (along witht the rape, murder and torture too). So got anymore unfounded theories you want to try? :wink:

User avatar
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:41 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by kujoe » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:08 am

Well, I do know one thing: When it comes to showing some skin, Oh! Great's first choice for a poster girl has usually been Aya. (That is, that's what I think. I'm not even going to bother listing down the number of times each female character was shown in her birthday suit.) Whether some trance due to her Dragon's Eye is a good reason enough or not, the fact remains that she's been showing more skin than her older sister.

As far as this nudity/ecchi discussion is concerned, no one beats Mana in my opinion. To me, that was the height of the ecchi factor in this book--not to mention, her scenes had some purpose too. The rest after the past arc give the impression that Oh! Great has somehow toned down a bit even though the actual content shows otherwise.

I don't know... Maybe it's because of the new art style, but's that the vibe I get from them.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:27 am

kk1 wrote:Let's see that was Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 5, Vol 9, and if you count those you have to count Madoka fighting in her bra and panties in Vol 12, Aya's naked zone out and pantsless Shizuru in Vol 13, or naked mirror Aya this volume no one being raped, murdered or tortured there. Looks pretty consistently spread across the book from the beginning until now (along witht the rape, murder and torture too). So got anymore unfounded theories you want to try? :wink:
Like I said, quick glipse of Shizuru without panties doesn't really count as they didn't really show anything. Naked Aya in the rain has been a one-off for quite some time.

On the other hand, we've had: Enma Enmi, Makiko's hand blowing up, Frankie Fu gross-out, Mataza's step-brother, Yorihira losing his eye, Makiko losing her first arm, Shizuru getting beaten to a pulp, Kabuto getting killed, Makiko being tortured, Makiko losing an eye, Maya getting beaten to a pulp.

So the point stands. There has been a lot more blood, gore and violence in the last 4-5 volumes than there's been ecchi. And there's been a lot less ecchi in the last 4-5 volumes than there's been in the Bowling Alley and Past Arc storylines.

Those days there was fanservice. Now all we get is fighting and blood. The plot's still great, though

There has been occasionaly nudity lately, but most of it was NOT in a sexual context.

So, unfounded theories up yours... :wink:

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:48 am

<Yawn> I'm tired of proving you wrong (Shizuru's pubes don't count? we've never seen Aya's pubes :roll: )so think whatever you like, everyone else here I'm sure can tell for themselves and probably don't care anyway, and frankly I don't either...back to the current chapter, Fugu you can't get done soon enough.

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:29 am

Spoken like a true lo...

Aw, alright, alright... I'll stop yanking your chain, even though it's a world of fun. :roll:

Chill out. 8)

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:35 am

FuguTabetai wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:I still need to see the translations.. unless someone can provide it for me.
This came out what, two days ago?
I will work on it when I have time. I'm busy trying to find a job now, and going back and forth between Austin and Dallas. I'll probably have it done in a week or so, but feel free to look around for other people to translate it. Shouki seems to know what he's doing, and the guys at Evil-Genius have been translating as well (I think, I haven't really kept up with that.) I'll put a note in this thread when I've started though. I thought I could get to it last night, but I've really got a lot to do, and wasn't able to get around to it.
There's no rush.. I'm just saying I need the tanslations just to help me get a better Idea or hold on the Chapter.

I thought on downloading it from Evil Genius but problem.. though I have IRC I don't know how to download from there and last time I attempted too lets just say it didn't work out well and I was majorly confused and lost. I find it much easier if it was zipped or as a torrent for me to download. I if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

shouki
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by shouki » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:11 am

kk1 wrote:Reading that last few pages, it seems Tetsuhito did think Maya was dead, he didn't hold anything back on that beating.
Yes, he thought she was dead, went to take Reiki, noticed she still had the hilt gripped hard, picked up his weapon to slice off Maya's hand (ie planned to carry off Reiki with Maya's hand still on the hilt), then Reiki activates...

User avatar
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Ricco » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:40 pm

Anyone else worried of Maya dying? In page 12-13 the kick she takes in the stomach makes blood come out of her back which means that broken ribs must have perforated(more like skewered) internal organs and if the liver is puncturel blood poisoning becomes fatal withing 30 minutes(even though the person is still able to speak and all after 30 minutes death becomes inevitable). The punch in page 16 may have also perforated her left lung with those same broken ribs.
What bugs me more about the liver blow is that they actually show us in a close up the blood coming out of her back and usually nothing is shown in close up unless it's important. Plus Maya dying after they reach home would make a great dramatic moment.

In regard to Tetsuhito I can't wait to see what would have happened to Nagi had his mom not drainned some of his energie, cause without the left eye I doubt Tetsuhito can control the multiple dragon gates and if, has most of you guys seem to think, the gates will remain open without control over them they will overwell him, think how he never used two gates at the same time...

Well at least that's just my humble opinion.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"

User avatar
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:24 am

Post by Vampire Advent » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:36 pm

Maya dying is a possibility but I doubt it would happen cause she is way too popular. I agree it would make for something really dramatic but I doubt its gonna be that way not many authors have the courage to kill off main characters. Especially if there very popular.

User avatar
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Asunder » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:11 pm

Or maybe Nagi's Black Dragon devours all of Tetsuhito's Dragons, giving him the power to use the Hotaru's healing palm.

He then heals Maya back, since she couldn't have conceivably used all of that ki to fight Kagiroi. And then she can't fight Mitsoumi, so it sets up the Nagi vs. Mitsoumi fight at the end.

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by EliteF22 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:12 pm

If Souichirou eats Tet's dragons then Souichirou can use Dragon Palm to heal her. That would also bring Souichirou one step closer to the perfect True Demon his father wants. With his dragon that powerful and exerting influence over him, we may finally get a complete Souichirou turn. That could set up an awesome possible Aya versus Souichirou fight for the Dragon's Eye.

edit: Dang Asunder, you were just a bit faster than I was over that possibility.

User avatar
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: NA

Post by Hollowshingami » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 pm

EliteF22 wrote:If Souichirou eats Tet's dragons then Souichirou can use Dragon Palm to heal her. That would also bring Souichirou one step closer to the perfect True Demon his father wants. With his dragon that powerful and exerting influence over him, we may finally get a complete Souichirou turn. That could set up an awesome possible Aya versus Souichirou fight for the Dragon's Eye.

edit: Dang Asunder, you were just a bit faster than I was over that possibility.
That would be pretty brave for Oh Great to do that. But isn't Nagi supposed to be the main character? Even if the manga isn't about Nagi, for the main character to become the villian would be damn interesting. It'd be a shame though he's become more likeable in these recent chapters.

CHANGE
Yuurei
Yuurei
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Post by CHANGE » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:07 am

Oh man, I've wanted Nagi to become like a villian/antagonist since he got kidnapped. That would be so cool. Even better would be if he was opposed to the Jyukenbu but it still followed him as the main character... so Maya and her crew would be the antagonist.

And yeah I always wanted Nagi and Aya to duke it out around the end. With all those conflicting emotions and crap it would be like the best fight ever.

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:07 am

Ricco wrote:Anyone else worried of Maya dying? .
While I think you're reading a little too much into that picture, yeah I see Maya being very close to death, and while I really can't see Oh! Great killing her off if what Emi did had her in a sling since vol 2, short of Asunder and Elite's Suggestion of Nagi taking the dragon palm to heal her( which for some reason I don't see happening) I see her in a bed next to Makiko and Mataza for a looong time. I'm still thinking Aya's going to see this with the dragon eye sooner or later and go help her sister. Whatever happens I still can't belive Oh! Great had Maya take such a beating :(

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Hariel0079 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:07 am

Oh she took a beating alright! and probably the worst beating amongst the characters in Tenjo Tenge. 8)

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:35 am

Oh, please!

Shin, Tawara, even Bob were kicked around with way more life-threatening consequences.

Post Reply