Fight 85

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

User avatar
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by MrProphet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:03 pm

"Denying it in public"... LOL

This is funny.

I can go on GMAO right now and download the same exact versions that've popping up. In fact, anyone can do it. And if they have any Photoshop skills, they'll edit the fonts and everything as well. Voila, a do-it-yourself scanlation.

There is no conspiracy here. 8)

puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:35 am

Post by puppetmaster » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:12 pm

MrProphet wrote:"Denying it in public"... LOL

This is funny.

I can go on GMAO right now and download the same exact versions that've popping up. In fact, anyone can do it. And if they have any Photoshop skills, they'll edit the fonts and everything as well. Voila, a do-it-yourself scanlation.

There is no conspiracy here. 8)
Sorry but english isn't my native language.... First of all I don't know how you got the impression I was thinking of something like a conspiracy... so I don't really knwo what you are talking about.

I was just trying to say that there are edited Versions of the chapters with fugus comments on the bottom, so I suggested that maybe he did them by himself but doesn't want to say it that directly cause might be that if he did DC would knock on his door or better DCs lawyers ...

If someone different does the editing using fugus translations + using his comments it wouldn't make a difference for me, cause I just wanted to know if an edited Version existed and if someone could give me a link where I can download it..... cause I don't have the time and the skills to edit it on my own.....

User avatar
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Ricco » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:16 pm

First thing first an edited version can be found here: http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/

Second, is Tetsuhito Nagi's half brother? The pic of the man looking at the exploded body of Tetsuhito's mom looks alot like Souhakou(spelling?) no? Plus we know he as no problem using women for his own designs.

Third, Makiko says that alot of the feathers origine story are the same, which could mean that it was the same man who "founded" all the different famillies of the red featers and white feathers. This would mean that there was once a man who had all the powers of the red and white feathers and each of his offsprings got one of his powers. This may mean that Souhakou's plan his to recreate this man by accumulating all the red feathers and white feathers powers in the same person, in Tetsuhito's story the man was a shogun so it would be safe to assume the man was a general so the"rebirth" of this general could be the beggining of the thousand years war.

Of course this all just speculation on my part, but it would explain why both groups are seen on both sides of the same bird.


PS. Some seem to think that Souhakou may not be that much of a bad guy since he didn't kill Makiko and only cut her arm off, let not forget that he knew that she was too weak to fullfiled his plans and needed Nagi to complete them so probably the only reason he let her live is so she could raise him and serve as a failsafe in case his powers went out of control like they did when he fought the guy with the Dragon Claw.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"

User avatar
kk1
Bushi
Bushi
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 am

Post by kk1 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:43 pm

Ricco wrote:
Second, is Tetsuhito Nagi's half brother? The pic of the man looking at the exploded body of Tetsuhito's mom looks alot like Souhakou(spelling?) no? Plus we know he as no problem using women for his own designs..
While I highly doubt it ,Souhaku's a little young, (unless my guess about an age retarding power is true), anything's possible.
Ricco wrote: Third, Makiko says that alot of the feathers origine story are the same, which could mean that it was the same man who "founded" all the different famillies of the red featers and white feathers. This would mean that there was once a man who had all the powers of the red and white feathers and each of his offsprings got one of his powers. This may mean that Souhakou's plan his to recreate this man by accumulating all the red feathers and white feathers powers in the same person, in Tetsuhito's story the man was a shogun so it would be safe to assume the man was a general so the"rebirth" of this general could be the beggining of the thousand years war..
The origin of the familes(but not the founder) was explained (I think in the UJ Special, or maybe the chapter when Mits had his coup de'tat) you're forgetting though that white feather families have no powers, so he's obviously not trying to recreate someone like that. Tetsuhito's family for example has their own power unique to them that obviously developed later and didn't originate with one man, in fact it's (according to him) from one woman.
Ricco wrote: Of course this all just speculation on my part, but it would explain why both groups are seen on both sides of the same bird..
? It's because they are the 12 founding families, this fighting between the reds and whites is only recent and started with Mitsuomi taking over.
Ricco wrote: PS. Some seem to think that Souhakou may not be that much of a bad guy since he didn't kill Makiko and only cut her arm off, let not forget that he knew that she was too weak to fullfiled his plans and needed Nagi to complete them so probably the only reason he let her live is so she could raise him and serve as a failsafe in case his powers went out of control like they did when he fought the guy with the Dragon Claw.
I doubt he had that much forethought, I don't get anyone who thinks he's not that bad, he's a dick.

User avatar
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Ricco » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:50 pm

kk1 wrote:
Ricco wrote:
Second, is Tetsuhito Nagi's half brother? The pic of the man looking at the exploded body of Tetsuhito's mom looks alot like Souhakou(spelling?) no? Plus we know he as no problem using women for his own designs..
While I highly doubt it ,Souhaku's a little young, (unless my guess about an age retarding power is true), anything's possible.
Ricco wrote: Third, Makiko says that alot of the feathers origine story are the same, which could mean that it was the same man who "founded" all the different famillies of the red featers and white feathers. This would mean that there was once a man who had all the powers of the red and white feathers and each of his offsprings got one of his powers. This may mean that Souhakou's plan his to recreate this man by accumulating all the red feathers and white feathers powers in the same person, in Tetsuhito's story the man was a shogun so it would be safe to assume the man was a general so the"rebirth" of this general could be the beggining of the thousand years war..
The origin of the familes(but not the founder) was explained (I think in the UJ Special, or maybe the chapter when Mits had his coup de'tat) you're forgetting though that white feather families have no powers, so he's obviously not trying to recreate someone like that. Tetsuhito's family for example has their own power unique to them that obviously developed later and didn't originate with one man, in fact it's (according to him) from one woman.
Ricco wrote: Of course this all just speculation on my part, but it would explain why both groups are seen on both sides of the same bird..
? It's because they are the 12 founding families, this fighting between the reds and whites is only recent and started with Mitsuomi taking over.
Ricco wrote: PS. Some seem to think that Souhakou may not be that much of a bad guy since he didn't kill Makiko and only cut her arm off, let not forget that he knew that she was too weak to fullfiled his plans and needed Nagi to complete them so probably the only reason he let her live is so she could raise him and serve as a failsafe in case his powers went out of control like they did when he fought the guy with the Dragon Claw.
I doubt he had that much forethought, I don't get anyone who thinks he's not that bad, he's a dick.
You see this is what happens when you read 74 mangas at the same time, I really had forgoten all about what you just pointed out.
Thanks for clearing things up for me.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"

User avatar
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 2:59 am

Post by MetalGravy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:24 am

...interesting chapter. Thanks for keeping up the translating Fugu, but one tiny nitpick. On page 106 isn't it Madoka, not Aya, saying "Maya-chan"?

User avatar
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by FuguTabetai » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:08 am

MetalGravy wrote:...interesting chapter. Thanks for keeping up the translating Fugu, but one tiny nitpick. On page 106 isn't it Madoka, not Aya, saying "Maya-chan"?
I'm not sure. That sounds much more plausible though.

Post Reply