my mirror will be down for a while.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MegaMan
Yuurei
Yuurei

my mirror will be down for a while.

Post by MegaMan »

For those of you who give a flyin fcuk .. read here:
http://intolerable.net/~mman/tenjo.tenge/how.to.dl.txt

If no one cares I can save myself the trouble and you can all BT it instead.

Goin to bed.
-/- MegaMan -\-
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

Nervous ? :roll:
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
Stride
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Stride »

That hurts.

Megaman, can't you do something about that 'overleeching'?
Like lock his IP and ban him for good?

Of course, there is always a chance that someone with broad connection has no static IP, but still it's as well to try to do that.

Btw, you have my sympathy.
I know the feeling. (Some other jerk had just ruined my server with DOS attack last week. And until now, my server's still limping out. I don't feel like fixing it any time near.)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

People doing stuff like that really ruins it for everyone. I say go ahead and shut down your mirror until people play nice.

Same things goes over here actually. I let the machine run unthrottled for the most part, and if people get too agressive, then the server gets rate limited on the router edge side of things. So if you can't connect to the site, that is probably the reason...

fugu
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

super leeching is really crappy, whether through malice or ignorance. And ignorance isn't a good excuse either because I see the same message on about manga site about not doing multiple downloads.

And Fugu, I thought you said you used some program to limit the server to like 30k/s?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yes, but it is very hard to work when my machine is throttled back; in the course of a day, I'm ssh'd into many machines, running lots of remote X sessions, so I need to have more bandwidth than that.

so I just let whatever happens, happen. If the web site goes down, so be it.
I'm not here to be a network admin; I'm here to translate. That is the fun part.

fugu
MegaMan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MegaMan »

I'm sure there are scripts to auto-ban/firewall ips for more than one connection, I just don't like them usually. Any problems might result in me actually having to go to the server physically, and that sucks.

I will not cap the traffic on my url/webserver. We pay lots for this connection, and I will use it as much as possible. However, just because I have the bandwith doesn't mean there needs to be 20000+ attempts on 23 files from one user, thats overkill.

I don't want to stop mirroring .. I think the manga's cool, and it's something I do in my spare time that I'd like to support. (Read manga)

I'm mirroring like 160 ch of another manga (I'm the main host I guess) .. and after one problem & one warning, it seems to have gotten better. Hopefully it's the same way here.

Anyways .. I'll move it back next Monday or so. I'm sorry for those that are innocent, but this is usually the way it goes w/"free" stuff.
-/- MegaMan -\-