Fight 86

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

kk1 wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:We know for sure people have been killed because of him. The mercenaries he hired during his coup d'etat that attacked his father were killed by the body guards. I think if you hire men to attempt to machinegun your father, you don't intend for him to live. So he's at least tried to kill people and people have died because of him. Mitsuomi's not that innocent.
I'm pretty sure he knew his father wouldn't be killed (he knew how powerful he is) and that whole scene purposely shows his mercenaries just disarming and not killing all of Dougen's security. With the surprise he had that could have easliy been a slaughter, but it wasn't. Mitsuomi made sure to take out the bodyguards when they started killing the mercenaries too. Still even with all that, that's not the school. I mean even with all the weird stuff theat school does it's still run like a school. Maya got expelled for Ryuzaki and the bowling alley, I don't see how Mitsuomi can murder a dozen students and not have anything happen to him. They must be just beat up.
Beat up horribly to point they can't even walk or the beating destroyed there spirit and they quit fighting.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Not sure if he is mentioning 24 families... BTW.. wasnt it 36 families???
36 families includes those without powers. I thought perhaps he meant that 24 of the 36 have Dragon powers.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote:
Not sure if he is mentioning 24 families... BTW.. wasnt it 36 families???
36 families includes those without powers. I thought perhaps he meant that 24 of the 36 have Dragon powers.
The UJ special says there are 36 branch families of the 12 founding families, though when Dougen was explaining the families to Mitsuomi in vol 8 he said some of the red feather families dissapeared so I would imagine there are less red feather branch families(unless of course there were more of them to start with) though we can't really know for sure. So far What do we know of 4 or 5 branch families? Isuzu, Kuzunoha, Enmi, Shyukyou and maybe the Kamura family (Shizuru's family).
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Kamura are Whites, since Shuzuru's Dragon Gate is Wind.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Don't forget Hihi (damn, but I love baboons. And you gotta wonder what Hihi women look like... :lol: ) and the other one that Tetsuhito used, which I can't remember. Was it Shyukyou? Which was the Dragon Claw's again?

And are we even sure about Isuzu and Kuzunoha? It's never been clearly stated they were branch families. They might just be employees.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Shyukyou is Tsumuji Junior's mother's family. He inherited Dragon Claw from them...

As for Isuzu and Kuzunoha, well, I am not sure where you got Isuzu from, but Kuzunoha were once mentioned as a vassal-family of Takayanagi.

I've never heard anything about Isuzu. I think Emi is just a regular gal, with no particular background (although, with Oh!great, you never know these things. The man is known for shoe-stringing "backstories" together on a whim)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Kamura are Whites, since Shuzuru's Dragon Gate is Wind.
I wasn't specifying color just branches and as we know from Maya, not having an 8th gate and using a regular one doesn't make you from a white feather, so I'm not assuming anything.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Shyukyou is Tsumuji Junior's mother's family. He inherited Dragon Claw from them...

As for Isuzu and Kuzunoha, well, I am not sure where you got Isuzu from, but Kuzunoha were once mentioned as a vassal-family of Takayanagi.

I've never heard anything about Isuzu. I think Emi is just a regular gal, with no particular background (although, with Oh!great, you never know these things. The man is known for shoe-stringing "backstories" together on a whim)
Actually I was confused from the scanlation I have of the UJ Special, Mana and Emi are pictured on the page talking about the branch families but now that I look at it again the heading they're under is actually untranslated next to them and says "People who serve the Takayanagi Family", wierd that's the only paragraph not translated. I'll have to see if I can read it and see how they're related. Also in vol 5 when Bunshichi takes Emi's ID she has the Phoenix crest on it but only says the Isuzu's and Kuzunoha's serve the Takayangi family hmm
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

True enough. However, why wouldn't she use the 8th gate when she was trying to kill her most hated enemy (Kago), but instead used a Wind Gate? Makes sense that she only has that one...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:True enough. However, why wouldn't she use the 8th gate when she was trying to kill her most hated enemy (Kago), but instead used a Wind Gate? Makes sense that she only has that one...
That's my point even if you're from a red feather family you still might not have an 8th gate like Maya. I'm beginning to think neither of her parents had it either (though obviously one of them married into the family and wouldn't anyway) or else they would have never been killed by Shin.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

No, Maya is a special case, since she is a "sheath" for Reiki. I wouldn't be surprised if she was specifically conditioned for inability to use Dragon Eye by Dougen and Kaima...

There is no indication other families have that kind of inability.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:No, Maya is a special case, since she is a "sheath" for Reiki. I wouldn't be surprised if she was specifically conditioned for inability to use Dragon Eye by Dougen and Kaima...

There is no indication other families have that kind of inability.
Please don't make shit up and act like its fact, you'll confuse the newbies :roll:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I am not claiming anything that isn't stated in the books in plain Japanese.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote: No, Maya is a special case, since she is a "sheath" for Reiki.
Being the "sheath" doesn't make her a special case, she is the sheath because as she put it she is "the black sheep of the family". In Maya's eyes her brother and sister are special not her.

MrProphet wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if she was specifically conditioned for inability to use Dragon Eye by Dougen and Kaima...
"my father understood I don't have any unusual powers" not my father made me not have unusual powers :roll:

MrProphet wrote: There is no indication other families have that kind of inability.

There is also no indication they don't, so since the only evidence we have is Maya we can assume it's possible and anything else would be pure speculation. Maybe you should read the plain Japanese again...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:There is also no indication they don't, so since the only evidence we have is Maya we can assume it's possible and anything else would be pure speculation. Maybe you should read the plain Japanese again...
How the hell did we assume that? Unless we see another clan member with no 8th gate, we can't assume Maya isn't a freak.

We've seen evidence of Kamura using wind gate. No evidence of her having an 8th gate. Thus, you are guessing and speculating, not me...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:There is also no indication they don't, so since the only evidence we have is Maya we can assume it's possible and anything else would be pure speculation. Maybe you should read the plain Japanese again...
How the hell did we assume that? Unless we see another clan member with no 8th gate, we can't assume Maya isn't a freak.

Because we have evidence in Maya sheesh, we also can't assume she is a freak, it's called logic. Look it up.

MrProphet wrote: We've seen evidence of Kamura using wind gate. No evidence of her having an 8th gate. Thus, you are guessing and speculating, not me...
I said I'm not assuming anything, red or white you're claing white because she didn't use an 8th gate, how does that make me guessing/speculating but not you?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Don't forget Hihi (damn, but I love baboons. And you gotta wonder what Hihi women look like... :lol: ) and the other one that Tetsuhito used, which I can't remember. Was it Shyukyou? Which was the Dragon Claw's again?

I forgot Inue too, Shindayuu could also be a branch family.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Shindayuu is definitely one of the branch families, since Inue uses "Dragon Roar"
Because we have evidence in Maya sheesh, we also can't assume she is a freak, it's called logic. Look it up.
Evidence of one is always a freak accident. No pattern whatsoever, nothing to infer. It's called statistics. Look that one up.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
Evidence of one is always a freak accident. No pattern whatsoever, nothing to infer. It's called statistics. Look that one up.
Snicker, nice try...hopefully your ignorance is a freak accident and you're the only one with it.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

kk1, MrProphet.
You're both right, we have no proof that every member of a familly can use it's familly's 8th gate nor do we have any proof against that statement either. The only case we have for comparaison is Maya, and she could very well be an exception to the rule or the rule, we just don't know.

You're both assuming your theory is the only one possible when both are only that, theories. Neither one is certain.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:kk1, MrProphet.
You're both right, we have no proof that every member of a familly can use it's familly's 8th gate nor do we have any proof against that statement either. The only case we have for comparaison is Maya, and she could very well be an exception to the rule or the rule, we just don't know.

You're both assuming your theory is the only one possible when both are only that, theories. Neither one is certain.
Uh no you just agreed with me, I said I'm not assuming anything he's the only one with a theory to prove.