Fight 87

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

My feelings are that Kabane and Shoujou are working with Souhaku. He's shown that he does work with red feather's, i.e. Inue. Plus, they seem to specifically have went to the dojo for Aya. The one ability that Souhaku hadn't been able to put into Makiko was the dragon's eye, so now this could be a way of making sure its safe and waiting for Souichirou to take. In the past it said that he took kids from all of the major families. We know that for the kids of the white feathers he formed them into F. We don't know what his plans for kids of the red feathers were.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

I need help trying to download this torrent..

"[Raw-Manga] Tenjo Tenge 87 - Bastard 9" : A torrent with the same contents (infohash) is already open. Cannot start another. (Check the list of known torrents.)"

this is the message I keep getting.. and I deleted the torrent and go for a retry and still get the same message.. can anyone help?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Which bittorent client are you using? I used BitComet and it opened the torrent fine. Something to do with multiple trackers?
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

Man, i gotta say it realy does look like Maya has kicked the bucket. Wouldnt shock me if shes realy dead at that point or close to it by the end of this fight. Even if she survived that, her life spans probably shortened or is already close to dead. Anyway i am very mad this ended up like that. I was hoping to see Maya fight more but that seems in doubt. Poor Maya! :cry:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:My feelings are that Kabane and Shoujou are working with Souhaku. He's shown that he does work with red feather's, i.e. Inue. Plus, they seem to specifically have went to the dojo for Aya. The one ability that Souhaku hadn't been able to put into Makiko was the dragon's eye, so now this could be a way of making sure its safe and waiting for Souichirou to take. In the past it said that he took kids from all of the major families. We know that for the kids of the white feathers he formed them into F. We don't know what his plans for kids of the red feathers were.
We know what he was going to do with Shin, feed him to Makiko.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Yay! Aya x Nagi is becoming an even greater possibility.

And I seriously doubt that Souhaku is going to die that easily.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

kk1 wrote: We know what he was going to do with Shin, feed him to Makiko.
Well, that was because there wasn't another Natsume to feed to Makiko. I don't think anyone was sure Aya had the Dragon's Eye. He's shown that there are remaining family members for all the other main families. Hmm, kinda sad how Nagi and Kago are down to one successor, well looks like Natsume is too.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:
Well, that was because there wasn't another Natsume to feed to Makiko. I don't think anyone was sure Aya had the Dragon's Eye. He's shown that there are remaining family members for all the other main families. Hmm, kinda sad how Nagi and Kago are down to one successor, well looks like Natsume is too.
But it seems that for the red feathers all that is left is the older generation because Souhaku fed all the younger ones to Makiko. We know Tetsuhito got the Hotaru's Dragon Palm from Makiko, the Nagi and Kago are obviously out because it's Souichiro. So we only don't know about the Shoujyou and Kabane families (intersting Maya mentioned Tetsuhiito having gates from branches of those 2 families but not them) could they be our 2 new characters? We still don't know what family Inoue is from either. Enmi's are down to 1, and looks like the Kagioris too with Tetsuhito gone, and the Mawaris geez who isn't?

ANd just to throw this out but remember the last thing Mitsuomi said to Maya was if either one of them can't fight in the election tournement it can't be decided. Does anyone seriously think Oh! Great is going to have this huge buildup to the election tournement and then not have it? We'll see Maya again...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

What is the kanji on the new guy's eye? (the first one) I can't find it. :?
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

kk1 wrote: ANd just to throw this out but remember the last thing Mitsuomi said to Maya was if either one of them can't fight in the election tournement it can't be decided. Does anyone seriously think Oh! Great is going to have this huge buildup to the election tournement and then not have it? We'll see Maya again...
In some way... I think you're right.

I doubt Maya will end up die that easily. Or else... everything that Oh! Great has planned (the tournament etc....) will be ruined.

yeah... Maya will somehow manage to survive and stay alive... at least until the end of the tournament....
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

kk1 wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:
But it seems that for the red feathers all that is left is the older generation because Souhaku fed all the younger ones to Makiko. We know Tetsuhito got the Hotaru's Dragon Palm from Makiko, the Nagi and Kago are obviously out because it's Souichiro. So we only don't know about the Shoujyou and Kabane families (intersting Maya mentioned Tetsuhiito having gates from branches of those 2 families but not them) could they be our 2 new characters? We still don't know what family Inoue is from either. Enmi's are down to 1, and looks like the Kagioris too with Tetsuhito gone, and the Mawaris geez who isn't?

ANd just to throw this out but remember the last thing Mitsuomi said to Maya was if either one of them can't fight in the election tournement it can't be decided. Does anyone seriously think Oh! Great is going to have this huge buildup to the election tournement and then not have it? We'll see Maya again...
Doubtful Maya will live unless some serious deus ex is pulled off. Unless your saying someone has the power to give maya a bit more time and she dies after the tournament but dragons palm can't bring the dead to life. And the one who has it who is on Mayas side probably won't get there in time.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I wonder if the Dragon's Fist can steal dragons from dead/dying people. Then again, Tetsuhito's dragons might have been released at this point, but I'm sure if Oh! Great wanted to, he could make Mr. Deus ex Machina come up with someone.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I am somewhat sure that if he wanted to, he'd get Maya back alive in no time.

My only request is that he do it without breaking his own rules and logic of his world. Like no healing without the healed person's ki, or some such...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Either it was a big mistake on Oh! Great's part or a big clue since he could have easily kept his hands out of sight the whole time, but look at the picture of Souhaku holding the fan on page 15. Why else give us such a perfect shot of his right hand? The figertips he lost in the Fu vs Masatka fight are there,either that's not Souhaku or like I said that's a pretty big oversight, which I doubt since he purposely on 2 occasions went out of his way to show that they are missing.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I checked back to chapters 74 and 78 and yes, it's the exact same hand. KK1 is correct, this looks very deliberate.

So, is it a fake or can he regrow appendages? Like... um.. heads, for example? Or hearts?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

What is the kanji on the new guy's eye? (the first one) I can't find it.
It's probably something that's pretty obscure. Or it could be Chinese kanji for all we know.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

That was bugging me too. At first I was wondering what was up with all the geckos. Then I got to thinking that what could geckos possibly represent. Then the unique thing about lizards came to mind, they can regenerate their tails. So maybe those are clues that Souhaku has the power of regeneration. Maybe, that's why he would be afraid of Reiki, since it could possibly suck up all his power and he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore.

Oh, and about the healing. Way back in volume in the bowling alley, Maya showed Souichirou the method of sending ones own ki into another in order to help heal them. It's the Dragon's Palm that uses a one's ki in order to heal oneself. So potentially Souichirou may have enough ki to heal Maya, given he can figure out how to send his ki into her since he's never done it before.
shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinta1868 »

well it looks like If Maya does survive
she will die with Mitsuomi cause she used to much ki

then that leaves NagixAya "which I hate"

I would like to see "If Maya dies" is Nagi go on a rampage and become evil
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

EliteF22 wrote:That was bugging me too. At first I was wondering what was up with all the geckos. Then I got to thinking that what could geckos possibly represent. Then the unique thing about lizards came to mind, they can regenerate their tails. So maybe those are clues that Souhaku has the power of regeneration. Maybe, that's why he would be afraid of Reiki, since it could possibly suck up all his power and he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore.

Oh, and about the healing. Way back in volume in the bowling alley, Maya showed Souichirou the method of sending ones own ki into another in order to help heal them. It's the Dragon's Palm that uses a one's ki in order to heal oneself. So potentially Souichirou may have enough ki to heal Maya, given he can figure out how to send his ki into her since he's never done it before.
Eh didn't mayas heart explode? that will take something bordering on inhuman in order to save her. Since red feather powers haven't been known to recuperate limbs or vitals.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, medically and realistically speaking, Maya is cold-turkey.

Even if by some miracle they repair her heart and body, she will be totally brain-dead. No circulation - no blood and oxygen to the brain. No oxygen - the brain dies. Not immediately, not after a little while and part after part. This is called hypoxia.

kk1 would probably give you a better explanation, but that is the gist of it.

We all know that Oh!great isn't very realistic and this is a semi-fantasy series anyway... but... oh well.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

The kanji on the guy's eye is the "fuu" part of the fairly common (in mystical anime/manga) word "fuuin" - it basically means "seal". I guess trying to shut down his physical eyes and see with his "mind's eye"?
yes/no
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by yes/no »

Who's Kago again?

So souhaku wanted Shinn to steal his Dragon eye but Dougen wanted him to train Mitsuomi?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Kago is Souhaku's last name. He is Kago Souhaku Jyouun.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

you know what would be cool? if Maya died and than Kago would use his power ball thing to make her into a zombie and use her dead body to fight nagi. mannnn that would own. Nagi wouldn't be able to fight her.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Maya's rotting and decaying carcass? A very pleasing sight indeed...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

That was bugging me too. At first I was wondering what was up with all the geckos. Then I got to thinking that what could geckos possibly represent. Then the unique thing about lizards came to mind, they can regenerate their tails. So maybe those are clues that Souhaku has the power of regeneration. Maybe, that's why he would be afraid of Reiki, since it could possibly suck up all his power and he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore.
Makes sense that he may have a healing factor of some sort, and it's certainly likely, given his necromancy. But that's kind of Yamada Futaro-ish, don't you think :wink: ? But then he's already incorporated some Norse mythology in TT, so perhaps we should look at what they say about lizards. Another possible explanation is that lizards can intentionally amputate their tails and use them to distract their enemies while the actual organism makes an escape...

My feelings are that Kabane and Shoujou are working with Souhaku. He's shown that he does work with red feather's, i.e. Inue. Plus, they seem to specifically have went to the dojo for Aya. The one ability that Souhaku hadn't been able to put into Makiko was the dragon's eye, so now this could be a way of making sure its safe and waiting for Souichirou to take. In the past it said that he took kids from all of the major families. We know that for the kids of the white feathers he formed them into F. We don't know what his plans for kids of the red feathers were.
Sigh. More new characters. I thought he was planning on ending it with 100 chapters. But anyway, Sensei is losing his touch. All his recent women have been flat-chested... :(

But if they are Shoujo and Kabane, they would likely not work for Souhaku. From what is established, Souhaku has only gathered White Feathers. Inue & Tsumuji have powers but we don't know whether Inue is Red or Pink, while Tsumuji is definitely pink. Also, his purpose of gathering Reds is to feed them to Makiko, and indirectly, Tetsu. Since Tetsu already have the Shoujo and Kabane powers, he has no need for them. Furthermore, since Tetsu has those powers, it is highly probable that the original owners are 6 feet under, and people may feel resentment at having their relatives murdered. We met all the elders of the 12 families, but it seems unlikely that all the branch families have simply dropped out of sight or chosen to side with Souhaku. Those 2 may thus be on Dougen's team, but have yet to make an appearance. But it's all too early to tell, of course.

Maya's rotting and decaying carcass? A very pleasing sight indeed...
Sour milk... o_O
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

If so, the questio is does nagi have that power of regeneration if souhaku actually does have that power? cause if memory serves me right, nagi has encountered death quite the good amount of times but has not died really. Like when he was shot in the forehead by Ishiyumi? or was there some type of meaning to that? I don't know
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Soichirou has been badly beaten and injured, but I don't believe he was ever at death's door, at least not the way Maya or Souhaku are now at...
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Well, medically and realistically speaking, Maya is cold-turkey.

Even if by some miracle they repair her heart and body, she will be totally brain-dead. No circulation - no blood and oxygen to the brain. No oxygen - the brain dies. Not immediately, not after a little while and part after part. This is called hypoxia.

kk1 would probably give you a better explanation, but that is the gist of it.

We all know that Oh!great isn't very realistic and this is a semi-fantasy series anyway... but... oh well.
They have "realistaclly" 4-6 minutes, if her heart stopped.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:If so, the questio is does nagi have that power of regeneration if souhaku actually does have that power? cause if memory serves me right, nagi has encountered death quite the good amount of times but has not died really. Like when he was shot in the forehead by Ishiyumi? or was there some type of meaning to that? I don't know
He just spit his tooth at him, not much of killer shot, even his water bullets aren't lethal.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

I'm PWNED!!
Great chapter, but lots of things just happened almost straight out of nowhere (Maya's and Souhaku's deaths?) and too fast. Or maybe it's explained in the text, but I can't read it :) Anyway Maya would be a great loss and it would make Aya x Nagi pairing almost 100% possible (which sux). I still believe that she'll somehow survive. She's too important for the plot to die just like that or maybe Oh!Great decided to make fans cry which is also cool because I hate pussy authors which can't kill any main character (like in Naruto, where half of the characters should be dead after the 'Sasuke chase').
I hated Mitsuomi, but he was a real badass in last couple of chapters. Especially the last one.
Waiting for the next chapters will be hard now :/
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Here's a scary thought what if not only Maya dies but Mitsuomi as well? A "rush happy ending" can be easely added to the rest of the series. Mitsuomi dies at Souhaku's hands, Aya tells Nagi of Maya's death with her dragon's eye, Nagi kills Souhaku and ends the whole F chapter.
Two months later the tournament is held between the juukenbu lead by Nagi/Aya and the enforcement group lead by Isuzu, but instead of an all out war as it would have been at the start of the seires it's more of fight between comrades and the series ends when the first fight begins because whoever win the school will become a fighting paradise again...

The two new characters could simply be there to safe Aya who has lost too much ki.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Dain
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dain »

HappyStealer wrote:If so, the questio is does nagi have that power of regeneration if souhaku actually does have that power? cause if memory serves me right, nagi has encountered death quite the good amount of times but has not died really. Like when he was shot in the forehead by Ishiyumi? or was there some type of meaning to that? I don't know
It's more likely that Nagi was saved through his bottomless reservoir of dragon ki than by regeneration.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

ya probably. Anyways, if souhaku really is dead, I assume it will go onto the tournament (hopefully since we've heard of this tournament for years now)?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I can't really see Souhaku being dead. Not after Oh Great was building him up to be the biggest villian in the manga. The theory that Agent Wax came up with seems very logical. The tournament will happen soon I think, because I remember Souhaku saying in a earlier chapter, the one where he had his right hand in a bowl of water, wondering if he would be ready for the tournament. I think the tournament will happen, but I think F will be involved with it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:I can't really see Souhaku being dead. Not after Oh Great was building him up to be the biggest villian in the manga. The theory that Agent Wax came up with seems very logical. The tournament will happen soon I think, because I remember Souhaku saying in a earlier chapter, the one where he had his right hand in a bowl of water, wondering if he would be ready for the tournament. I think the tournament will happen, but I think F will be involved with it.
F can't be, Mataza is crippled, Madoka left, as did Ishiyumi, Tetsuhito is dead and as far as we know so is Kabuto. There is no F.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

That's true. But I was referring to all those guys that were at Kago's estate or shrine, whatever it is. Isn't there a sixth member that hasn't been revealed yet? Even though it looked like Ishiyumi took out a lot of them in a earlier chapter, I doubt all those people are going to take that lying down. As well as those girls that Maya, Nagi and Mitsuomi defeated. Unless, all of them are just doing Souhaku's bidding or have some kind of family obligation to follow him.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Hollowshingami wrote:That's true. But I was referring to all those guys that were at Kago's estate or shrine, whatever it is. Isn't there a sixth member that hasn't been revealed yet? Even though it looked like Ishiyumi took out a lot of them in a earlier chapter, I doubt all those people are going to take that lying down. As well as those girls that Maya, Nagi and Mitsuomi defeated. Unless, all of them are just doing Souhaku's bidding or have some kind of family obligation to follow him.
Those guys Ishiyumi took out and the shrine maidens are all dead, so unless the tournament takes place in a George A. Romero flick we won't see them again. And I'm pretty sure they were working for Souhaku 'cuz of old familly obligations like in feudal era.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

sorry off topic but have you ever noticed that the red belt earth dragon is located at the crotch? Look at volume 9, page 38. I just found it funny. I'm a dork.... :P
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

......To each thier own, I suppose. :roll:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:
Hollowshingami wrote:That's true. But I was referring to all those guys that were at Kago's estate or shrine, whatever it is. Isn't there a sixth member that hasn't been revealed yet? Even though it looked like Ishiyumi took out a lot of them in a earlier chapter, I doubt all those people are going to take that lying down. As well as those girls that Maya, Nagi and Mitsuomi defeated. Unless, all of them are just doing Souhaku's bidding or have some kind of family obligation to follow him.
Those guys Ishiyumi took out and the shrine maidens are all dead, so unless the tournament takes place in a George A. Romero flick we won't see them again. And I'm pretty sure they were working for Souhaku 'cuz of old familly obligations like in feudal era.
The guys Ishiyumi hit might be, but I doubt those girls are. Maya wouldn't have been so upset at killing Tetsuhito if she had already just killed a bunch of people. And to Hollowshingami only Toudou students fight in the election tournement, no one from Souhaku's organization is going to be in it. (especially since probably all of them are a little old for high school).
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

can't wait for it, maya is in pretty bad shape but she was about to defeat with the True Chokutou Reiki.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Chapter 87 translation complete

Post by FuguTabetai »

I finished up my translation today, and posted it up on the downloads page. For the lazy, that is http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_14_Trans.html As always, just a text translation.

I'm in Japan now, and will be here for the next three months or so.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Souhaku speaks as if only activated Reiki can beat him. Looks like I guessed right when I said Reiki just uses people. So with Aya not able to get a hold of Reiki, looks like Souichirou might eventually pick it up. It's so obvious that Souhaku has something still in store, he spent most of the chapter trying to get Souichirou to kill him. I doubt he'd let Mitsuomi do it instead. He mentioned "the barrier" which seems to be his dragon ability, it's looking to definitely be regeneration if the only two things that could kill him are activated Reiki and Souichirou. Those being the only two things that could disable his ability.

Where did it say that Maya's heart exploded? Ok yeah, she has some major internal bleeding going on, but if her heart is intact there's still a chance she can be saved.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Couple of translation comments for Fugu:

page 147 / 8
For bubbles 3-4, I think Maya means "I am... no different..." (ie no different to Shin and Mitsuomi), particularly since she repeats this bit on the next page.

page 155 / 17
Bubble 6 Character: Natsume Aya
English: After this ... Souichirou- sama will have to - ...
Japanese: ã￾“ã￾®å…ˆã￾«ã￾¯â€¦å®—一郎樣ã￾Œã￾£ãƒ¼â€¦

I took this to mean "Ahead of this... is Souichiro-sama..."
(or less literally: At the end of this tunnel... is Souichiro-sama...")

page 166 / 29
Bubble 3 Character: Kago Souhaku Jyouun
"Right now you have more than enough reasons and raget"

"raget"? Regret? If that's for "殺æ„￾", shouldn't it be something like "intent to kill"?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think "raget" was supposed to be "rage" not "regret".
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

EliteF22 wrote:I think "raget" was supposed to be "rage" not "regret".
yep, rage. I'll go back and address those other points too. But first, I've got a birthday party to attend.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

wow even Kago called Nagi a piece of meat. I wonder if he plans to take all the power to himself.

I think maya is sooo going to die. Aya will probably be the new leader.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Thanks again Fugu, enjoy Japan.