How long do you think Tenjo Tenge will go on for?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

How long do you think Tenjo Tenge will go on for?

Post by strid3r »

I can see the current arc going on for a pretty long time, at least a year. There is still a lot of storyline to go though, and it seems like it could go on for an undefinite amount of time. What do you guys think?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Hopefully there won't be a rushed ending. Logically the end could come after the tournament. But with F the book could very well go on for a long time. Of course since it looks like F is on it's last legs that might not be the case. With this latest chapter the story could go in many different directions. I'm thinking 20 plus at this point.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

As long as he wants to continue it.

There is no known conclusion that some series go forward to.
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

Well, there is no doubt that the series will go on as long as Oh! Great pleases. It'll easily be years before we see the tournament arc imo.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

There's still the election tournament
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

In a not so unrelated side of things, I wish that Oh! Great would finish Air Gear first and get it over with so that he can focus on Tenjo Tenge more.

As for how long will this manga go, I'm hoping that it would go beyond the 20s, but not past 30.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:In a not so unrelated side of things, I wish that Oh! Great would finish Air Gear first and get it over with so that he can focus on Tenjo Tenge more.

As for how long will this manga go, I'm hoping that it would go beyond the 20s, but not past 30.
Then again... he might just start another series after AG and do both it and TT at the same time :lol:
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

pv82 wrote:
kujoe wrote:In a not so unrelated side of things, I wish that Oh! Great would finish Air Gear first and get it over with so that he can focus on Tenjo Tenge more.

Then again... he might just start another series after AG and do both it and TT at the same time :lol:
:lol: I could definitely see this happening. Wonder what he will do next...a racing series?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Skydiving. With boobies and martial arts in the air! 8)

Racing is sooo been-there-done-that (AG).
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

strid3r wrote:
pv82 wrote:

:lol: I could definitely see this happening. Wonder what he will do next...a racing series?
Hopefully a series that doesn't rely upon heavy fanservice to bolster a confusing storyline.

How about a romance comedy? The one type of series that never has fanservice. :roll:
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

MrProphet wrote:Skydiving. With boobies and martial arts in the air! 8)
I'm ready to pre-order. :D
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

i think it will probably end at 17 volumes or 20, i dont think there would be more than that.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Halon wrote:i think it will probably end at 17 volumes or 20, i dont think there would be more than that.
Unless he believes there is money to be made :twisted:

Maybe an Alternate Universe TT :lol:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Maybe an Alternate Universe TT
You know, that just might actually rock...

Skydiving. With boobies and martial arts in the air!
That's Air Master, dude, give or take... :D

Hopefully a series that doesn't rely upon heavy fanservice to bolster a confusing storyline.

That's Air Gear. And look how well that worked...
How about a romance comedy? The one type of series that never has fanservice.
Uhhh. Rrriiiggghht. :roll:

Personally, I'd like him to work on something with more of a period drama flavour. He's at his best drawing traditional or historical clothing.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Air Master is really-really fugly.

But, basically, Air Master's action, coupled with Oh!great's chara designs was what I've always dreamed that a TJTG anime would be like. Alas, my dream was crushed by that multitude of half-assed Korean in-betweeners. Too bad, so sad...