2006 AirGear calendar

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

2006 AirGear calendar

Post by MrProphet »

Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Thanks for the link. But I it find kinda odd that you posted it, since you seem to loathe the series. :P
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

Has anyone ordered from them before? Are they reliable?

Edit: Ouch, $27 shipping to Massachusetts.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yes. But they only ship by EMS.

BTW, you can find these calendars at any good bookstore that specializes in Japanese literature. Like Kinokuniya or Sasuga Books.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

strid3r wrote:Has anyone ordered from them before? Are they reliable?

There's places with better shipping, animeten.com might be too late but yesasia should have it and they have free shipping over $30.
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

kk1 wrote:
strid3r wrote:Has anyone ordered from them before? Are they reliable?

There's places with better shipping, animeten.com might be too late but yesasia should have it and they have free shipping over $30.
Yeah, I ended ordering from there and added a couple of TT books for free shipping. 8)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Man this thing sucks, don't waste your money.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Thanks for the heads up. Is it similar to the TenTen calender that was released that had no new artwork at all? Or it just sucks?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

As far as I can see (obviously, not every image is available), it's the same stuff, just bigger.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Hollowshingami wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Is it similar to the TenTen calender that was released that had no new artwork at all? Or it just sucks?
There are four pages each covering three months, and the cover illustration. None of the illustrations are new, except that one of the "illustrations" is actually a collage of rough pencil sketches.

The gimmick with this calendar is that it is glow in the dark. If you're in a *really* dark room (ie no light at all), you will see a different image on each of the illustrations (except the cover). These glow in the dark images are not new either. Whereas the normal images are taken from tankoubon covers etc, the glow in the dark images are taken from panels in the manga. The glow in the dark images tend to be more H than the normal images.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Is it similar to the TenTen calender that was released that had no new artwork at all? Or it just sucks?
Just like NM described, I thought it would be like the TT ones (loose pages of blown up images from manga or magazine covers) but it has a ring is not as big, there's only 4 images (and 1 page with rough pencil sketches) and the images really suck, I haven't tried the glow in the dark feature but no matter how cool it is it can't make up for the suckiness of the rest of the calendar. :cry:

The images are the covers from vol 6,7,(sketch of 10),9 all with slightly different coloring and this is the cover http://img33.exs.cx/img33/7619/AirGear-01-01-001.jpg
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

Just got mine a few days ago and I agree, it sucks. I thought it was going to be in going to be in the format of the past TT calendars, but it's not. Save your money and skip this.