Chap 44

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Chap 44

Post by ShiroiNeko »

i dun know u but this one was so cooooool i felt weird reading that i was so calm but this chapter too

mistuomi kicking the ass of those people like that " in a few second "
and this is how the story of his decease with his hearts he is a 3 min superman ( imagine that s the same in bed lol )

the fu-chan fight with his arm weapons he was so useless
but there a little problem
the fight with shin begin like that so quickly
but this chapter was so great i can t wait for the end of this volume
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

Finally.... we get to see the fight with shin!! .... is it just me or did it seem like the fight was all 'hyped' up and when we see mitsoumi kickin shin's ass no prob.... it was kind of a let-down :( shin didn't use his dragon eye cus he prolly would have won, but does this mean that mitsoumi isn't powerful enuf? then why wait 2 months??! :? .....

neways good chap and thx Fugu 4 releasin it! :)
and wht did u guys think when mitsuomi stuck his finger in shins ear?... :shock:

edit
ack.... some1 beat me to postin chap 44...so yea i'll post it here :) delete the other 'ch 43' topic plz
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

shin putting his finger in the ear is a normal thing cose

in martial arts
the ears , the nose , and the ass are consider as hidden hit
and like these are hidden they are powerful cose u canno t reinforce those parts of you re body like the neck and the balls
Lyer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Lyer »

-ahh yea, when i read that this chapter was gonna be 60 pages I was expecting an all out brawl, hehe. But it was a good chapter nonetheless, really sad though. Am I mistaken or is this also the last chapter in this volume? When is the past arc concluded btw, at the end of vol 8?
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

I too was expecting an all out brawl, but this chapter actually still satisifed me. Probably more so overall than a super fight. The bit with Fu Chien was I dunno... didn't seem that necessary except I guess it set up Shin showing how selfish he is. In comparison Mitsuomi is a really noble guy, how he wants to take all of Maya's troubles on his shoulders. It's funny how he compares himself to Ultraman.
The group photo part was a great, I love it when small things in the "past" pop up later on with a greater significance.
I'm really loving Oh! Great's use of face close ups, they're so emotional. I'd have to say this is a great ending thus far... except I'm still not clear on why Mistuomi is doing the whole enforcement group thing in the present arc. But maybe this will be explained in a future chapter.

There's one more chapter in vol 7 btw. It says so much in the release notes.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

well, even though the fight was NOT what i had in mind, it was perfect
shin's desperation, mitsuomi's coldness, man that fight was killer
the highlight was the slap maya recieved from that whore chick
it really was something and made me think of shin differently

but i cant believe mitsuomi popped shin's ears! :shock:
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

Yeha..
But don't think that it will end up therefore easy ..
Shin is still the stronger ...
Expect a lot of surprise in the next chapter.. The best so far..
For me this fight was just perfect !! :o
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

ShiroiNeko wrote:
shin putting his finger in the ear is a normal thing cose

in martial arts
the ears , the nose , and the ass are consider as hidden hit
and like these are hidden they are powerful cose u canno t reinforce those parts of you re body like the neck and the balls

Granted, that's true, but look how deep Mitsuomi's finger goes. Like Maya's breasts, that's a physical impossibility.

And NOBODY hits the arse. Not unless they're into spanking. The butt is too padded to cause significant damage. The best vulnerable spots are the eyes, jaw, neck, ears, floating ribs, fingers, elbows and knees, and groin.

And finally, ShiroiNeko. Don't take this the wrong way as no offense is at all intended, but your posts are getting increasingly difficult to read. I suggest you write in plain english, or pretty soon some people may just start skipping your posts altogether. Thanks for listening.

Agent Wax
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

And NOBODY hits the arse. Not unless they're into spanking. The butt is too padded to cause significant damage.
Ahem, I think he means... not the buttocks, but y'know, that place. That would be quite a "dirty" hidden hit. :shock:

What a great chapter. TGTJ is so masterfully told. What I expected at Vol.1 became something totally different -and better- at the end of Vol.7. Not your usual cliched setup, at all.

Everyone are complicated characters, but Shin was the star of this one. I love tragically flawed characters! On 1 hand, he shows his cruel and selfish side when he threatened his sister, the only person he loves. OTOH, he shows his humanity, and his last flash against the darkness, when he fought Mits without the Eye. *sniff* Goodbye, beautifully flawed evil bishounen! :cry:

Heroes are loved by everyone. But a villain is loved by only 1 person - the person he loves. That's what makes a villain so dreamy... ooh... :oops:

Mits was also complicated in this chapter, but it's kinda tarnished because he had to become the bad guy (contrasted with villain). Like how your dad would become the bad guy if he had to put down the family dog which contracted rabies.

As for "breasts". Yeah, it's really REALLY annoying. If there's 1 persistent flaw with TGTJ, it's the ridiculous breasts. I don't mind sexy characters, but superexaggerated proportions interfere with suspension of disbelief.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Rain_Cassidy wrote: As for "breasts". Yeah, it's really REALLY annoying. If there's 1 persistent flaw with TGTJ, it's the ridiculous breasts. I don't mind sexy characters, but superexaggerated proportions interfere with suspension of disbelief.
Actually those breasts probably have a lot of suspension. (bad pun :wink: )

And I think that's one area where a lot of guys (i.e. target audience) don't mind suspending disbelief.

I will agree with Rain that the characters are all complex. Everyone has some flaws or quicks that do just enough to let them break out of the sterotypical mold that could otherwise fit so well around a manga like this. The Shin Mistuomi conflict is the best of these conflicts because in the end there really isn't a good or bad guy. Oh! Great keeps switching the roles.
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jasonred »

standa-man wrote:It's funny how he compares himself to Ultraman.
The group photo part was a great, I love it when small things in the "past" pop up later on with a greater significance.
Was Ultraman only 3 minutes? I thought it was 10 or something, it seemed to last quite a long time in the series... oh, yeah, it's 3 minutes after all. Hmm...

But, they all look so FRIENDLY in the photo! If that was Tawara's contribution, he is even more my hero than before! Heck, now that EVERYONE else seems to have either Dragon's Eye, electricity, knives, Infinite Ki reserves (nagi), triple beat heart, and whatnots, Tawara Bunshichi is the one guy who gets along with human abilities, AND no training! (other than his own school of Kick-ASS... literally...)

Oh, the Bit about, "I created the Jukyenbu to have this fight... not." Is something like, he was once happy to be in this school, this fighting paradise. He set up a team just to promote this atmosphere of fighting, so he too would be able to experience the fight to the fullest. And, perhaps, someday have the Ultimate Duel.

Then said Duel turned out to be THIS. ... THAT is what the NOT is for.

As for how deep his finger goes, I can comfortably insert a ear digger one knuckle length or so into my ear, I think. (haven't measured for sure). Note that he's one of those jokers that can stab his finger into solid flesh, what's your problem with him jamming it into the ear like that? I'm guessing if you take a steel rod, jam it in someone's ear and slam the other end with a sledgehammer, you can get it even further... yuck...

Synth, the fight isn't over yet, Shin looks like he's gonna pull out the Dragon's Eye... and besides, who knows how much of the 3 minutes is left?

Of course Mit looks cold. He's basically "helping" Shin fight the Dragon's Eye. It's not a fight, it's like torture, he's goading the DE out. He's not going for the knock-out punches at all so far...

Fair exchange, for "helping" Mit become strong enough to challenge him, by "helping" raise his Heartbeat to 200 plus times a minute...

So, Shin's 3 power levels are Normal Shin, Katana Dragon Eye Shin, and All Out Dragon Eye Shin? cool. but, wasn't Bunshici fighting Shin v3 when he totalled the guy? hmmm... maybe not. And, I'm guessing Shin is currently in v1 Normal in this duel?

What I want to know is, how strong is Tawara compared to Mitsoumi?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

jasonred wrote:
As for how deep his finger goes, I can comfortably insert a ear digger one knuckle length or so into my ear, I think. (haven't measured for sure). Note that he's one of those jokers that can stab his finger into solid flesh, what's your problem with him jamming it into the ear like that? I'm guessing if you take a steel rod, jam it in someone's ear and slam the other end with a sledgehammer, you can get it even further... yuck...
I don't have a problem with that scene. It's fiction, after all. I'm just saying that will never work in a real fight, just like how you can never find a real woman with Maya's (unenhanced) breasts. And I'm not arguing size here, but firmness and suspension and a general lack of 'sagginess'. :shock:

Agent Wax
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

about how its impossible for real women could never have those kind of breasts I tink it is possible. I live in the bay area(California) and there are women I know that are close to that size and firmness.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

blackkenshi wrote:about how its impossible for real women could never have those kind of breasts I tink it is possible. I live in the bay area(California) and there are women I know that are close to that size and firmness.
Implants. Oh how man applies the wonders of science to improve life.
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

trust me there was no way they were implants. Think about it. The location. Theres lots of hispanics,and filipinas where I'm around and for some reason most females are well endowed.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

jasonred wrote:
standa-man wrote:It's funny how he compares himself to Ultraman.
Was Ultraman only 3 minutes? I thought it was 10 or something, it seemed to last quite a long time in the series... oh, yeah, it's 3 minutes after all. Hmm...
I thought that was pretty funny too.
jasonred wrote: But, they all look so FRIENDLY in the photo! If that was Tawara's contribution, he is even more my hero than before! Heck, now that EVERYONE else seems to have either Dragon's Eye, electricity, knives, Infinite Ki reserves (nagi), triple beat heart, and whatnots, Tawara Bunshichi is the one guy who gets along with human abilities, AND no training! (other than his own school of Kick-ASS... literally...)

Oh, the Bit about, "I created the Jukyenbu to have this fight... not." Is something like, he was once happy to be in this school, this fighting paradise. He set up a team just to promote this atmosphere of fighting, so he too would be able to experience the fight to the fullest. And, perhaps, someday have the Ultimate Duel.

Then said Duel turned out to be THIS. ... THAT is what the NOT is for.
Are you sure? I mean, I translated that, and I really don't know what he meant. It is tough for me, because Tenjo Tenge has some sophisticated language - or it is, at least, more complicated than many other Shounen manga that I've read. I often have to interpret what is said so I can translate it into something less than literal in English, and this is just one case where I do not know the correct translation. The phrasing he used is one that is used often in jokes, after you have fooled someone into believing something. I would ask my girlfriend, but she's in Japan for another week. I'm curious about this though, so I'll try to remember to ask her when she gets back.
jasonred wrote: As for how deep his finger goes, I can comfortably insert a ear digger one knuckle length or so into my ear, I think. (haven't measured for sure).
I think this is ... too much information.
jasonred wrote: Note that he's one of those jokers that can stab his finger into solid flesh, what's your problem with him jamming it into the ear like that? I'm guessing if you take a steel rod, jam it in someone's ear and slam the other end with a sledgehammer, you can get it even further... yuck...

Synth, the fight isn't over yet, Shin looks like he's gonna pull out the Dragon's Eye... and besides, who knows how much of the 3 minutes is left?

Of course Mit looks cold. He's basically "helping" Shin fight the Dragon's Eye. It's not a fight, it's like torture, he's goading the DE out. He's not going for the knock-out punches at all so far...

Fair exchange, for "helping" Mit become strong enough to challenge him, by "helping" raise his Heartbeat to 200 plus times a minute...

So, Shin's 3 power levels are Normal Shin, Katana Dragon Eye Shin, and All Out Dragon Eye Shin? cool. but, wasn't Bunshici fighting Shin v3 when he totalled the guy? hmmm... maybe not. And, I'm guessing Shin is currently in v1 Normal in this duel?

What I want to know is, how strong is Tawara compared to Mitsoumi?
Certainly, the fight is not over yet... There is one more chapter remaining in this volume. It should go out tomorrow, assuming I can finish up the last "extra manga" thing today. Those are really, really hard to read and understand. Humor is so freaking hard to translate. I can't tell you how hard I have to think to get some of these jokes across. Like that farting thing... ugh...

fugu