Air Gear's getting its own TV series

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Air Gear's getting its own TV series

Post by MrProphet »

OMFG... cue for a really bad plot rants.

OK, not really, but while TJTG really puts its intellectual component first, AG is all about action and fanservice, to put it mildly

I hope they animate it well, I really do. Something edgier and more coherent than that crappy Madhouse production of Tenjou Tenge would have been very nice.

The details are here: http://www.animenewsservice.com/
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Sadly, there's barely any fanservice in AG. I stopped reading it, but still buy it to ogle sensei's fantastic art. It seems that the art in AG is better than in TT recently. :cry: In any case, I'm not likely to care about the AG anime.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=973

*sniff* I already did a post about this... :cry:
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

That's good news. :D Well, for those that like it anyway. And there's a decent chance there won't be rushed ending to the show, since it comes out on a weekly basis.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Sorry, moy, I almost never read other portions of the forum. 8)

And as for fanservice... there's been more nudity in AG than in TJTG by a very wide margin. There is a bath scene or a girl undressing for loosing a match at least once in every couple of chapters... 8)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

s'okay, no biggie MrProphet ;)

I'm actually pretty psyched about AG being animated. Feels a lot more light-hearted than TT plus I actually *like* the main character.

In later chapters, the nudity isn't that high really. Oh!Great style fanservice is still there, but nothing major from the norm.

All I'm hoping for is a decent manga to anime translation. I know it'll be impossible to live up to Oh!Great's art style, so I'm just hoping for decent animation. As long as it isn't as horrible as Ichigo 100% or Suzuka, should be fine in my books.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ehh TT's anime has left me underwhelmed about the transition from manga of Oh! Great's art, hopefully it will surprise me and be better than the dissapointment I'm expecting.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

MrProphet wrote:Sorry, moy, I almost never read other portions of the forum. 8)

And as for fanservice... there's been more nudity in AG than in TJTG by a very wide margin. There is a bath scene or a girl undressing for loosing a match at least once in every couple of chapters... 8)

... what Air Gear are you reading? >_< I have up to chapter 37, and I bearly see any at all. nothing compared to TT. I wonder if my copies have been down sized or something. Come to think of it, I don't recall off the top of my head seeing a single naked person in it that did not have at least something covering up the important parts. There was that one chapter with the bath scene that cut it close tho. but just that one chapter out of the 37 :P
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:... what Air Gear are you reading? >_< I have up to chapter 37, and I bearly see any at all. nothing compared to TT. I wonder if my copies have been down sized or something. Come to think of it, I don't recall off the top of my head seeing a single naked person in it that did not have at least something covering up the important parts. There was that one chapter with the bath scene that cut it close tho. but just that one chapter out of the 37 :P
OK, so it is a bit covered up, but almost naked women appear like every 2-3 pages. It's not like in TT, where there's not as much nudity/fanservice.

Air Gear TV can surely make Oh!Great fanbase grow. Anime fans like boobs (well who doesn't :roll: ), add some action to it and you have a truly "awesome" series.

BTW As I was catching up with the latest AG chapters yesterday I thought to myself thath it would be cool to see high speed AT duels animated. It's really cool that it will happen.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If by 'action' you mean actual sex, then no... Ikki hasn't been getting any at all. And neither have any of the rest, as far as I've read it.

So, unlike TJTG, there is only fanservice... no real thing.

As for the plot, it's your typical shounen. The series has been staggering ever since Ikki formed his team. I am upto volume 5 in scanlations, and there is almost no plot development whatsoever. And judging by the raw scans of the rest of the manga upto vol 13, there won't be any...

Just "fighting" and rollerblading and stuff...
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Well, its like that line, main character beats boss, stronger boss appear, main character beats stronger boss, another stronger than the first boss appear, and so on...

But its kind of fun seeing someone stop a truck with his AT... the skating scenes isnt that bad at all too, well drawn at least... although the plot is really bad sometimes...

Oh, and there's the boobies too! :wink:
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

MrProphet wrote:And as for fanservice... there's been more nudity in AG than in TJTG by a very wide margin. There is a bath scene or a girl undressing for loosing a match at least once in every couple of chapters... 8)
Like a lot of shonen manga, Air Gear has its fair share of female readers. There's also a lot of fan service in the form of bishonen for female readers. I've seen a lot more female oriented doujinshi for Air Gear than male oriented doujinshi.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

MrProphet wrote:If by 'action' you mean actual sex, then no... Ikki hasn't been getting any at all. And neither have any of the rest, as far as I've read it.
If I meant sex I'd write 'action'. I meant just normal action :)
Plotwise it's quote crappy, but boobies and blood raised Elfen Lied to be the best of the best in 2004 so who knows, we might have a winner for 2006. :roll: :wink:
jimmy1200
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jimmy1200 »

finally. thank you lord. i love this manga