Fight 90

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

As far as those two go the tall one particulary didn't care for being called by her surname. I assume she hates the name in some way, so why would she uphold some many-generational friendship? Altough it's possible she's friends of the Natsume family from before....
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:As far as those two go the tall one particulary didn't care for being called by her surname. I assume she hates the name in some way, so why would she uphold some many-generational friendship? Altough it's possible she's friends of the Natsume family from before....
Well as shouki suggested or I extrapolated on his suggestion perhaps they're still following Dougen, and from the quote Mr Prophet just quoted powers seemed to be matched in tandem to cover the others weakness so why change now.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
So, the question will now be: Is Inue lying to Nagi about him becoming the True Warrior, or is Kabane misinformed about the origin of the Families? Or perhaps the title of the True Warrior can change hands based on whoever possesses all the powers of the Twelve Families? The latter seems rather probable.

Now, too bad our hopes for Masataka are quenched so easily. No way he can outdo Nagi in combining the Red and White powers...
I thought we heard it somewhere, anyway perhaps hope for Masataka isn't gone. As you quoted the Takayanagi blood was split, so a Takayanagi should still be able to become the true warrior(since the combined 12 family blood= Takayanagi blood). What I think is going on is Dougen and Souhaku are creating competing versions of the true warrior and were going to see one heck of a fight to see who got it right. 8)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Also gates and whatnot can be transferred through acupuncture as well, judging from the incident with Makiko. Dougens's version was more philosphical vision with the TW dealing out justice or whatever. Souhaku's was philosphical as well but had all the abilities. So it still boils down to a white feather v.s. red feather. Ironically, the orginal TW was both.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Masataka might be the uber-l33t guy at what he does (chinese kenpo?), but he doesn't know anything about weapons or mystical powers, unfortunately...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Masataka might be the uber-l33t guy at what he does (chinese kenpo?), but he doesn't know anything about weapons or mystical powers, unfortunately...
Yet he still beat Souhaku (controlling Fu) don't forget.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

He knew enough that he had to get Fu off the ground to counter-act the eclectricty he was emitting.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Hmm, nice chapter.
First, There is no time line that is written by OG.
So, we shouldn't worry about Aya's age.
OG used Aya at the first scene then move to Nobunaga scene.
I think they are same Aya. Aya is not "working girl". She acted like that in order to do her mission. I don't think she would stay in red light district 10 years for a single man. Well, if OG used tokugawa Hidedata (2nd shogun, spell), or 3rd shogun (<--- I don't think he was old enough at that time.), maybe possible.

Second,
I don't know what OG is planning, but unless Aya revive Maya, Nagi will kill Mitsuomi ( seems like he already knows he will die soon by either Nagi or his bad heart). I think Maya's plan is to use Nagi to eat dragon Kii (energy) inside Mitsuomi and save him. If he lives, 100 year war thing will not start because Mitsuomi wants to start a war with his death.

Third, I don't think Souhaku's goal is to create a true warrior.
He called Dogen's version of True warrior as true monster or demon whatever. Souhaku wants to summon or create first man who started their bloodline, and I think he is here. I don't know how Inoue wants to do with Nagi. My wild guess is that Souhaku will do some body switching and taking Nagi's body over or first man who started 12 family might be summoned.
If not, Inoue is dead. Nagi with tons of mojo power, see Inoue next to him. This time, Not only face but her head will be crushed.

In the end, I don't know what will happen to Aya.
If past Aya and current Aya goes through fusion Rxn.
It will be one bad ass girl. I think she will take back Reiki from Madoka. I hope Aya doesn't do any illusion thing (I wanna see, but...).
But, with Reiki, Aya should be able to stop Nagi or maybe fight against Nagi. ( hate monthly magazine. OG should move this manga to weekly and move that Airgear thing to monthly. )
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Mitsuomi isn't a Red, so he doesn't have the 8th Dragon Gate.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Hmmm, I wonder if demon exorcists can 'eat' dragon spirit, such as the case with Mistuomi. Meaning not a gate but dragon spirit itself. Assuming that's where Mistuomi is getting all his strength from. I wonder if that's what Maya meant when she said she will stop the 100 year war with Souichirou's life. Meh, it's just a theory. Maya is more likely to sacrifice herself at this point, though.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, Dragon Fist can steal the regular Gates, like the Water Gate Nagi stole from Ishiyumi.

Since the Dragon Gates are the source of ki, then there is no need to invent any kind of "dragon spirit" for this issue. All the elements are already there...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Well, Dragon Fist can steal the regular Gates, like the Water Gate Nagi stole from Ishiyumi.

Since the Dragon Gates are the source of ki, then there is no need to invent any kind of "dragon spirit" for this issue. All the elements are already there...

No, they aren't the source of ki they are opened with ki.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

When we first got to learn about the Dragon gates (i think it was volume 8 or 9), Makiko has said that once the gate is open, power comes out of it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:When we first got to learn about the Dragon gates (i think it was volume 8 or 9), Makiko has said that once the gate is open, power comes out of it.
Ugh, lets not go through this discussion again, just like Aya said last chapter she didn't have enough ki to use her dragon eye anymore and Reiki said she still had some of Maya's ki to use.
Laggardly
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Laggardly »

Inoue mentioned that she is going to create a person with all the powers within Nagi the last moment she is seen. Given that Nagi is surrounded by ten corpses on seals and two empty seals, doesn't it seem likely that those corpses are ancestors of ten of the twelve founding families? If you leave out the Takayanagi family, who seem to lack a single definitive ability or speciality, and assume the empty seals are for the Nagi family and Kago family, whose blood Nagi already possesses, then the numbers add up.

If you assume Nagi is being given all the abilities of the families at this moment, while those corpses could have come from any time, it seems likely that those corpses will turn out to be the bodies of the ancestors being shown in the past arc. There is only assumptions to back this up but the symmetry would make it logical.

It's been said that the Dragon Fist and Eye complement one another hasn't it? If it's possible for a Dragon Fist user to give ki to another, it seems possible for Nagi to give Maya some ki in order to keep her alive. While it looks like Maya is dead, it doesn't feel like a death so I'm assuming she'll survive this even if she gave all her ki to reiki.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Ugh, lets not go through this discussion again, just like Aya said last chapter she didn't have enough ki to use her dragon eye anymore and Reiki said she still had some of Maya's ki to use.
Isn't that just a property of the Dragon Eye? It does not mean that all 8th gates are the same in this aspect.
Kabane wrote:For example, for this - ... "Dragon's Eye" which can consume an unlimited supply of "ki", there was the "Dragon's Fist" which can collect and supply huge amounts of ki.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Laggardly wrote:Inoue mentioned that she is going to create a person with all the powers within Nagi the last moment she is seen. Given that Nagi is surrounded by ten corpses on seals and two empty seals, doesn't it seem likely that those corpses are ancestors of ten of the twelve founding families? If you leave out the Takayanagi family, who seem to lack a single definitive ability or speciality, and assume the empty seals are for the Nagi family and Kago family, whose blood Nagi already possesses, then the numbers add up.

If you assume Nagi is being given all the abilities of the families at this moment, while those corpses could have come from any time, it seems likely that those corpses will turn out to be the bodies of the ancestors being shown in the past arc. There is only assumptions to back this up but the symmetry would make it logical.

It's been said that the Dragon Fist and Eye complement one another hasn't it? If it's possible for a Dragon Fist user to give ki to another, it seems possible for Nagi to give Maya some ki in order to keep her alive. While it looks like Maya is dead, it doesn't feel like a death so I'm assuming she'll survive this even if she gave all her ki to reiki.
Your first and third paragraphs have already been suggested before, but good job on figuring it out for yourself. It's possible that the corpses come from the Past Past Arc and (I don't know if this matches up, but) someone has noted the style of the clothing they're wearing matches up to a certain era. Sorry, I'm too lazy at the moment to look up who it was, but thank them for being incredibly knowledgable about it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:Ugh, lets not go through this discussion again, just like Aya said last chapter she didn't have enough ki to use her dragon eye anymore and Reiki said she still had some of Maya's ki to use.
Isn't that just a property of the Dragon Eye? It does not mean that all 8th gates are the same in this aspect.
Kabane wrote:For example, for this - ... "Dragon's Eye" which can consume an unlimited supply of "ki", there was the "Dragon's Fist" which can collect and supply huge amounts of ki.
All 8th gates require ki to work, yes Nagi's can supply an infinite amount (so it's never a problem )and the Natsumes can consume an infinite amount but they still require ki to use, we've had this discussion numerous times already so let's not rehash it again. It's all still there to read through, if you think I'm wrong fine. There's no point in bringing it up again now though with all this other good stuff to talk about.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

You need "ki" to open the Dragon Gate, but you also get "ki" flowing once the gate is open. Which was the point I was making. The end.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Random musings...

Post by shouki »

According to ghost-Aya this events shown on that day in this chapter were critical. But just what was critical and why? Is what has already happened "today" critical or is that coming next? Or is Shoujou taking over the guy's place and entering Osaka castle the critical event?

As a side note, the modern Shoujou is quite a babe - kinda creepy imagining her changing her face. I wonder if she can imitate alive people as well? (doesn't seem unreasonable). For example, as a diversionary tactic she could make herself look like Aya...
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

If you look at that way of thinking that might not even be her face. But that might be jumping the gun, though. I think shoujou entering Osaka castle will probably, be the critical moment. Considering a founding family member is going to fool everyone, or attempt to, by posing as a tokugawa retainer. What happend "today" might of been a warning to Aya, in some way.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think he is trying to draw attention to that last page, where he says that the Osaka Castle is where the Red Feathers have gathered and consolidated their power.

Perhaps Shoujou coming to Osakajo will somehow precipitate this gathering, enable the Red Feathers (and Takayanagi) to gain control of the country through the control of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

As a side note, the modern Shoujou is quite a babe - kinda creepy imagining her changing her face. I wonder if she can imitate alive people as well? (doesn't seem unreasonable). For example, as a diversionary tactic she could make herself look like Aya...
Hmm. But what makes you think that's her real physical appearance?
Kabane did indeed say that Aya's boobs are almost as good as hers ...

Gasp! What if the current Shyoujyou is a man?! With boobs? :twisted:
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Maybe Oh Great took a page out of his hentai days. :lol:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Can Shoujou really change their entire body? I am not sure.

We've seen him change his face, but the body seemed to stay exactly the same.

So, as funny/disturbing as growing boobs and loosing private parts might sound, I somehow doubt that she does that kind of thing.

So, most likely the current Shoujou is as female as she looks. 8)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Can Shoujou really change their entire body? I am not sure.

We've seen him change his face, but the body seemed to stay exactly the same.

So, as funny/disturbing as growing boobs and loosing private parts might sound, I somehow doubt that she does that kind of thing.

So, most likely the current Shoujou is as female as she looks. 8)

But he didn't really need to change his body so who knows? Maybe that's why her boobs are so great, she can make them look however she wants :twisted:
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Well, she'll probably avoid back problems in the future, then. :wink:
Gigei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gigei »

Agent_Wax wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so difficult to understand about the spliting of the bloodlines. I thought it was pretty clearly implied that the ancestor, the True Warrior founded all the families through his children, some of whom he passed his powers to. Others received some of his knowledge and skills (eg archery). This is why all the families have similar founding myths, and explains why they've stuck together all this time. Over time, fortunes rose and fell, and initially it seems that the Natsume were of the highest standing, then Nagi, and now Takayanagi.
Yes, but I am not sure I understand it to be in a literal sense of one actual historical figure as the common ancestor of all the red and white feathers. I thought this was more of a metaphorical/ mythological thing. Like when past Aya says "I am a woman whose blood extends back to the natsumes of ancient times from the world of the gods."