GMAO added new "Change Background" functionality

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

GMAO added new "Change Background" functionality

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi all,

I just added some new functionality to GMAO to help me out with working with "edited" versions of the images for the English auto-edits.

If you right click on the background image, there is not an option "Change Background". This is just a way to temporarily change the background image to a new image. It will pop up a file chooser, and have you select an image (JPG, PNG, or GIF - let me know if that is a problem, it's really easy to add more) to use as the new background. This is useful if, for example, you have some "hand edited" versions of images with Japanese text edited out of the background. In TJTG, sometimes nice readers help me and edit images that have text that is too complicated to just write over with GMAO. Using the "Change Background" function, I can now just swap in the edited image, and export that page to an auto-edited file. Cool.

Let me know if there are problems.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Fixed a bug that was giving background image swapping problems. It would try to re-load the image at 100% size, and get the <strong>old</strong> image instead of the new one. The fix is lame: don't load images when scale is at 100%. Actually, I should rip out all of the scaling code altogether, and rework that stuff using AffineTransforms. So for now, just don't use image scaling. It isn't really useful anyway.

Anyway, background swapping is working pretty well now, if I do say so myself.

fugu