i couldn't find...

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

i couldn't find...

Post by pootmaster »

i couldn't find the Test file that comes with the GMAO, it only came with the Get Backers 1-2, Capcom gals, and TJ what ever....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: i couldn't find...

Post by FuguTabetai »

pootmaster wrote:i couldn't find the Test file that comes with the GMAO, it only came with the Get Backers 1-2, Capcom gals, and TJ what ever....
I removed it from the server, since it didn't look like anyone was using it.

I'll try to put it back up this afternoon.

cheers,

fugu
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

ok thanks! hehe, um... this is a really neby question, i don't know japanese that well, so it's REALLY hard for me to translate the manga, so do you know where i can get some good reffrense? oh, and one more thing, how to i "link" to the server from the GMAO? or does it do it automatticly? thanks again!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pootmaster wrote:ok thanks! hehe, um... this is a really neby question, i don't know japanese that well, so it's REALLY hard for me to translate the manga, so do you know where i can get some good reffrense? oh, and one more thing, how to i "link" to the server from the GMAO? or does it do it automatticly? thanks again!
In the GMAO Options dialouge, there is an entry for "Annotation Update Server" - if you have that filled out, it will try to connect to that server to save changes.

You shouldn't do that though, since you most likely just want to translate manga that you have locally. (Since I run the update server, I know I'm not hosting any manga for you to work on. You can run your own server, but I haven't put a nice GUI on it.) In that case, just leave the entry for "Annotation Update Server" blank, and use the File Save, File Open commands to work on local manga.

If you don't know Japanese well, instead of references, you should take classes. I use the New Nelson Japanese English Character dictionary when I need to look up kanji. I also use a few online dictionaries, but they aren't useful unless you know grammar well.

If you are curious, here are the dictionaries I commonly use:

WWWJIC for common lookups

WWWJIC character lookup for unknown Kanji

Space ALC's Eijiro The Eijiro at Space Alc has some really bad translations though. It isn't very reliable.

cheers,

fugu[/url]
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

ok thanks!
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

um... did you uploade the files yet? i am very anuxsios
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pootmaster wrote:um... did you uploade the files yet? i am very anuxsios
I have re-enabled the GMAO file. It is using images from GetBackers volume 1. Feel free to do whatever you want with it - but mostly it is good to try to test the translation (so put down bubbles in the right places, play with how to color it to your liking - I just use 100% black and white now myself, etc.)

If you want to save your work on the server, use the "Send Page to Server" item in the GMAO menu. You can also save a copy of your translations locally using File->Save. The page will be sent to the server automatically every time you make changes and move to a new page...

cheers,

fugu