Possible Bugs?

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kermo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Possible Bugs?

Post by kermo »

Hi, I've been using the latest version of GMAO and found out that:

-The left hand side of the window (where the name of the book, chapters and pages can be selected in the tree) can't be resized

-After saving and loading the work again, all the oval bubbles have turned into a weird rectangular shape, with rounded sides.

-Plus i lost some of the polygon bubbles i had without any apparent reason

Is it only me or is it a bug? ^_^''

Oh, this isn't actually a bug, but it would be useful if the configuration was saved when GMAO is closed by clicking in the 'close' button of the window. Took me a while to find out I had to use File->Quit if I wanted my settings saved hehe.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Possible Bugs?

Post by FuguTabetai »

kermo wrote:Hi, I've been using the latest version of GMAO and found out that:

-The left hand side of the window (where the name of the book, chapters and pages can be selected in the tree) can't be resized
Wow, someone besides me that uses GMAO? I'm shocked. So, I'll address your points. The left hand pane can be adjusted - you just have to drag the pane. For some reason, this is a Java Swing thing, sometimes you can't drag the resize bar. If you change the size of the window, you usually can. The collapse open and collapse closed arrows always work though; I generally translate with the page view pane shut since you don't really need it while translating...
kermo wrote: -After saving and loading the work again, all the oval bubbles have turned into a weird rectangular shape, with rounded sides.
I have seen this problem once or twice - I do not know what causes it. In my case, polygon shapes will be rotated by some strange amount. It isn't a bug that I've been able to reproduce though; if you find a reproducable case, please let me know so I can fix it.

The oval bubbles should never change into anything else - the only types of bubbles that I programmed were rectangles, ovals, or polygons. So maybe there is a display problem? Anyway, if you send me your XML file, I can at least look at it. Also, the XML file that GMAO saves is easily human readble, so you should be able to open it up in notepad or whatever and take a look at the Bubble element.

Does this happen to you often? I will see this behavior maybe once every 60 pages or so. It hasn't been enough for me to devote serious energy into tracking it down...
kermo wrote: -Plus i lost some of the polygon bubbles i had without any apparent reason

Is it only me or is it a bug? ^_^''
Could be related to the above bug, but I've never really had things just disappear. Maybe the file was saved somewhere else? Could have been a file writing error I guess; but GMAO should throw up a dialog box if there is an error...
kermo wrote: Oh, this isn't actually a bug, but it would be useful if the configuration was saved when GMAO is closed by clicking in the 'close' button of the window. Took me a while to find out I had to use File->Quit if I wanted my settings saved hehe.
Ah, yes, it only saves changes to GMAO.props when you quit from the file menu. I actually disabled the setting saving when closed via the "X" button because I could do some testing without saving things that way. But I can easily add it back in. I'll do that on the next update.

Please let me know if you have other problems / questions. I'm interested in hearing if you can reproduce the bubble problems, and how frequently they occurr; GMAO actually works very well for me, but I know it has problems.

fugu

Post by Guest »

Wow, someone besides me that uses GMAO? I'm shocked.
Well, I basically suck at photoshop, so I find GMAO very useful :D
The left hand pane can be adjusted - you just have to drag the pane.
Done. It works ^_^
The oval bubbles should never change into anything else - the only types of bubbles that I programmed were rectangles, ovals, or polygons. So maybe there is a display problem? Anyway, if you send me your XML file, I can at least look at it. Also, the XML file that GMAO saves is easily human readble, so you should be able to open it up in notepad or whatever and take a look at the Bubble element.
Ok, it wasn't rounded sides after all, damn my sight XD Well, I've been browsing though the XML code and from what I've seen all the oval shapes that I have moved have turned into almost rectangular 5 side polygons. The ovals I left where I created remain the same (I just checked this now)

Also, the bubbles that disappear are usually the ones at the bottom of the page. Sometimes only the text disappears, and I think so far it only happens with polygons. I noticed that the vertical rotation sometimes is not saved either. And the vertical alignment, well, never ^_^''
Does this happen to you often?
I've edited 10 pages so far (I told you I sucked at editing, didn't I? ^_^) and well, the ovals turning into polygons happened with all the ones I moved. The dissapearing polygons in 3 pages. And 1 out of 3 rotated texts stayed non-rotated. Ah, a couple of times, when running GMAO, the fonts would seem to blend with the background color; e.g.: black font over white background would look sort of greyish, but this is solved restarting GMAO. Maybe my installation of java is screwed up? :?:

All this happened after loading the file I saved. I mean, so far this doesn't trouble me because I usually export the jpegs as I edit them, so no problem. I just thought I could help with bug tracking hehe

Well, later ;)
kermo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Oops, I forgot to write my name in the last post ^^'

Post by kermo »

I guess i can be absent minded at times hehe