Can't download GMAO

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Can't download GMAO

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

I tried downloading GMAO, but got the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /software/GMAO/code/ on this server

Best,

Dave
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi dDave,

are you just trying to download the code by going to http://fugutabetai.com/software/GMAO/code/? That won't work. Instead, try launching via Java Web Start: http://fugutabetai.com/software/gmao/code/bug/GMAO.jnlp (just click it, and with a recent version of Java you will be set.) The code is contained in the GMAO.jar file that is downloaded, along with some additional JARs that contain dependencies that GMAO needs.

If you just want the GMAO code, you can download GMAO.jar from here:
http://fugutabetai.com/software/GMAO/code/bug/GMAO.jar but it will be hard to run, because you will need skinlf (only if you use skinning) and the jfreechart libraries.

Your best bet is to run via Java Web Start, which will download copies of all the JARs you need, and then locate those JARs in your local cache. If you have any more trouble, please email me at fugu@fugutabetai.com.

fugu
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote:are you just trying to download the code by going to http://fugutabetai.com/software/GMAO/code/? That won't work.
Then you may want to get rid of the download link on the GMAO page. :wink:
FuguTabetai wrote: Instead, try launching via Java Web Start:
This seems to work just fine, however I get the following ominous warning:

(screenshot of ominous warning)

and I haven't worked up the nerve to click "ok" yet. I'm on OS X 10.3, if it matters any.
FuguTabetai wrote: If you just want the GMAO code, you can download GMAO.jar from here
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the concept of your app. Is it no longer client/server? Is the java app all I need to edit and generate html? Do I have to download the java app each time?

Best,

Dave
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

dDave wrote:Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote:are you just trying to download the code by going to http://fugutabetai.com/software/GMAO/code/? That won't work.
Then you may want to get rid of the download link on the GMAO page. :wink:
Ah, I've updated that section. Thanks.
dDave wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote: Instead, try launching via Java Web Start:
This seems to work just fine, however I get the following ominous warning:

(screenshot of ominous warning)

and I haven't worked up the nerve to click "ok" yet. I'm on OS X 10.3, if it matters any.
You are fine clicking ok. I need to ask for full permissions to allow GMAO to save XML files to your machine. If you don't trust me though, you can download GMAO.jar and check to make sure that it isn't doing anything malicious (it isn't, but it might take you a while to poke throuh the 21,000 lines of code that make up GMAO.) The warning is ominious because I didn't want to spring a few hundred dollars for a SSL certificate. This is just a hobby. :)
dDave wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote: If you just want the GMAO code, you can download GMAO.jar from here
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the concept of your app. Is it no longer client/server? Is the java app all I need to edit and generate html? Do I have to download the java app each time?

Best,

Dave
Yes, it is still client server. (From http://FuguTabetai.com/software/ you can also get the link to web-start GMAOServer if you want to run a local server yourself.) You don't need the server though - that is just if you want to run a distributed translation project. GMAO itself contains all you need to edit translations onto images, put the text in the bubbles to create "edited" jpgs or gifs, and it also can generate the HTML pop-up translations.

Once you start GMAO with Java WebStart once, you won't need to download anything else. Web Start will download new versions of GMAO when it is updated though.

If you have any questions, let me know. Be sure to hit GMAO->Options to set up directories to images for your project, vanity string (the text at the bottom of the pages) and you probably want to blank out the "Annotation Update Server" field, unless you decide to run your own GMAOServer...

guess that is it.

fugu
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

Ok, I have GMAO up and running. Here are some comments. I'm on Mac OS 10.3.3.

* What format can raws be in? Do they have to be .jpg or gif? .tiff doesn't work.
* I can create a new XML file, but once I quit and come back, I cannot open the file. This seems to be a bug with the open dialog box. You can browse, but the "open" button remains greyed out and you cannot click it. This happens no matter which browse/open option you try.
[update - If you change the selector from "xml files" to "all files" then the open button becomes active]
* "Vanity" is misspelled in the vanity string option.
* The is an extra "s" in "add notes" in the translator notes option screen.
* You can't paste file paths (or any text) into the option fields to save time
* Need to have a browse when adding a new page. Or better yet, have the program offer to auto add pages for every image file in the directory.
* When changing the magnification, re-selecting 100% doesn't do anything.
* When adding a new page, the file tree on the left collapses, making you manually open it again.
* There is no way to delete a page without digging in the XML file.
* GMAO crashed on me several times. Per your advice, I was saving often, so no big deal. But is this common? How about an auto-save after each new page?

Still messing around will your program, and once I can get a chapter cranked out, I'll give more feedback. In any case, I expect to (and am looking forward to) heaping praise on you.

Best,

Dave
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ok, I have GMAO up and running. Here are some comments. I'm on Mac OS 10.3.3.

* What format can raws be in? Do they have to be .jpg or gif? .tiff doesn't work.
The should work fine as jpg, gif, or png. I could add TIFF support, but I would need to use a non-standard Java library to do it, and PNG is just so much better than TIFF it isn't even funny.
dDave wrote: * I can create a new XML file, but once I quit and come back, I cannot open the file. This seems to be a bug with the open dialog box. You can browse, but the "open" button remains greyed out and you cannot click it. This happens no matter which browse/open option you try.
[update - If you change the selector from "xml files" to "all files" then the open button becomes active]
I'm not sure I understand what happens. You create a new XML file, then can not open it again? I don't think I've tried to do those operations back-to-back, but I've never had any issues with opening XML files before. I'll take a look at it.
dDave wrote: * "Vanity" is misspelled in the vanity string option.
* The is an extra "s" in "add notes" in the translator notes option screen.
Entirely possible. How is it misspelled exactly? I just searched through the code and saw "Vanity" everywhere I expected it. Didn't notice a misspelling (but I didn't look very hard. There is lots of code.) Fixed the "Add Notess" thing. (I probably won't update the GMAO build just for that though.)
dDave wrote: * You can't paste file paths (or any text) into the option fields to save time
Are you sure? Because I do that all the time. I don't have an OSX machine to test on though, so...
dDave wrote: * Need to have a browse when adding a new page. Or better yet, have the program offer to auto add pages for every image file in the directory.
This just comes from how I work. I work one page at a time, linearly. After adding the first page, it will auto-suggest the next page name if you use sane naming schemes, or if you are using images from a Local directory, it just gets the next file name. So you should just have to click OK in most cases. I complete one page at a time. Since the GMAOServer creates pages (HTML-based) for all pages that are added, I don't like adding pages that I haven't translated or am not in the process of translating. Also, if you add a lot of pages, there is no way to indicate which ones have been translated or not without checking.

Tell me how you work, and it shouldn't be too hard to support that kind of work flow. At least auto-adding pages for files in the directory would be easy.

Of course, I need to also add a way to modify pages in the XML file - like change images for them or delete them.
dDave wrote: * When changing the magnification, re-selecting 100% doesn't do anything.
Don't mess with magnification. It is a totally broken feature. I need to re-work that code from the ground up and just use an AffineTransform for the magnification instead of the crazy way I do it now.
dDave wrote: * When adding a new page, the file tree on the left collapses, making you manually open it again.
Long standing bug. I have never been able to figure out how to get the tree to refresh without doing that, and then I never bothered to figure out how to open the tree up again. I've been meaning to fix this for years. I just haven't yet.
dDave wrote: * There is no way to delete a page without digging in the XML file.
Yes, that is true. I intend on adding a popup menu on the Page in the tree to allow for some operations on it. Eventually.
dDave wrote: * GMAO crashed on me several times. Per your advice, I was saving often, so no big deal. But is this common? How about an auto-save after each new page?
How does it crash? It really never crashes on me, and I use it a lot. Very rarely, once every 100 pages or so, I will get a crash while rotating text. Otherwise, it is stable. The biggest problem is that if you don't make sure that you have a "Page" selected, you can accidently translate stuff that gets totally lost. (I think I updated the save to blank out the page that is showing to force you to re-select a page though. I think.)
dDave wrote: Still messing around will your program, and once I can get a chapter cranked out, I'll give more feedback. In any case, I expect to (and am looking forward to) heaping praise on you.

Best,

Dave
Let me know if you have any suggestions. Especially let me know if the documentation is bad (it is) or if things are unintuitive. I am about to add a "Help" system to GMAO that is just a collection of HTML pages that you can browse (via the HelpGUI library). Well, actually let me know if you would like to help me write documentation once I get that thing in.

Thanks for the comments! I'll try to fix some of that stuff...

fugu
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote:I'm not sure I understand what happens. You create a new XML file, then can not open it again?
I can create a new XML file no problem. I close the program (or it crashes) , and re-launch GMAO. When you choose "open" you get a window where you can browse to the XML file. Once you have opened the directory where the XML file is, you should be able to double click the file, or select the file and click the "open" button. However, the file names in the directory and the "open" button are grayed out and are not functional.

When you drag the drop down box to show "all files" rather than "xml files", then the file names and the open button become active and you can open the file normally. I have the same issue with the browse buttons in the option panel as well.
FuguTabetai wrote: How is it misspelled exactly? I just searched through the code and saw "Vanity" everywhere I expected it.
Options panel -> Vanity String -> "Vanitry Box Height"
FuguTabetai wrote: Fixed the "Add Notess" thing. (I probably won't update the GMAO build just for that though.)
Quite understandable.
FuguTabetai wrote: Are you sure [you can't paste into text fields]? Because I do that all the time. I don't have an OSX machine to test on though, so...
Yes, I'm sure.
FuguTabetai wrote: Tell me how you work, and it shouldn't be too hard to support that kind of work flow. At least auto-adding pages for files in the directory would be easy.
That would be great as long as you add a indicator to show which files have yet been touched. Your current method does work, and I'm getting used to it.

I am compiling a list of suggestions I'll post later.
FuguTabetai wrote: How does it crash?
It crashed on me about four times last night. As I remember two were during "add page" actions, and two were during "add translation" actions. I don't get any error message, the program just bombs.

I also get funky errors where I edit page X, look at the previous page, go back to page X and the translation won't show. Toggling the balloons doesn't help. Sometimes re-opening the XML will refresh the page, sometimes I have to restart the program.
FuguTabetai wrote: Thanks for the comments! I'll try to fix some of that stuff...
No, thank you for providing the program and support.

Best,

Dave
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

dDave wrote: * I can create a new XML file, but once I quit and come back, I cannot open the file. This seems to be a bug with the open dialog box. You can browse, but the "open" button remains greyed out and you cannot click it. This happens no matter which browse/open option you try.
Ok, I just checked this out, and I can't reproduce it on my setup. I'm on Windows 2k, Java version 1.5.0 beta (but I know this also was fine all the way back to jdk1.2) and my open box works great with only XML files. I suspect this is a peculiarity of the Mac OS version of the java you are running - what version of Java are you on?

I don't have access to a Mac, although I would love one (my twin sister has an ibook and loves it.) This just might be one of those strange inconsistancies in the Java "Write once, run anywhere" philosophy. Those pop up sometimes.

I do know a few people with Macs though, so I will try to work on this.
dDave wrote: * You can't paste file paths (or any text) into the option fields to save time
Again, I'm able to copy and paste, but I have to use the keyboard shortcuts. I never put an "Edit" menu into GMAO anywhere... Try to see if the mac standard copy and paste keyboard commands work - they work everywhere for me in GMAO. Of course, since GMAO saves your settings, you shouldn't have to change those things often, unless you switch projects frequently. If you do, GMAO actually can start up with a different .props file to switch between working sets. (There is no GUI for this though.)
dDave wrote: * GMAO crashed on me several times. Per your advice, I was saving often, so no big deal. But is this common? How about an auto-save after each new page?
I also think this has something to do with the version of Java that you are using. If you can turn on the "Java Console" so you can get the stdout from GMAO, that could help me track down where it is crashing. Turning on the console is something specific to each version of Java though, so I wouldn't know how to do that on your system. For me, it is in the Java Control Panel...
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote: I suspect this is a peculiarity of the Mac OS version of the java you are running - what version of Java are you on?
1.4.2. This is the current version that is installed with Mac OS 10.3.3. Apple thoughtfully provide auto updates when they release a new Mac Java version, so I should stay up to date.
FuguTabetai wrote: Again, I'm able to copy and paste, but I have to use the keyboard shortcuts. I never put an "Edit" menu into GMAO anywhere... Try to see if the mac standard copy and paste keyboard commands work - they work everywhere for me in GMAO.
Nope. No cut and paste love for me. Keyboard shortcuts don't work, and the contextual menu won't pop up.
FuguTabetai wrote: I also think this has something to do with the version of Java that you are using. If you can turn on the "Java Console" so you can get the stdout from GMAO, that could help me track down where it is crashing.
Found it. Will try it out later when I get back to my editing machine.

Best,

Dave
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

Here is the latest crash. This happened when I tried to right click on a balloon. I have other logs, but I don't remember what I was doing when it happened, so I'll only post them if you want.

Best,

Dave

The following error report describes the Java stack information at the crash.
The native stack information can be found in the crash log generated by CrashReporter.

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : Bus Error occurred at PC=0x90831254
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
Cannot find the last Java frame, printing stack disabled.

Dynamic libraries and executable:
[0x00003acc-0x0000643c] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home/bin/java
[0x086b7ac0-0x087585f0] /Library/QuickTime/DivX 5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5
[0x08bf3584-0x08c9e320] /System/Library/Components/Kotoeri.component/Contents/MacOS/Kotoeri
[0x90df0f2c-0x90df36c4] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/JavaVM
[0x90190bb8-0x9022a5ac] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
[0x90000e40-0x900fab40] /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
[0x909f14a8-0x90b16914] /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
[0x968d14ac-0x969a3b7c] /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
[0x939d0eb4-0x939d257c] /usr/lib/system/libmathCommon.A.dylib
[0x94a31394-0x94ad3b98] /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
[0x90700eb4-0x90700f64] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
[0x90d00f54-0x90d14a2c] /System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
[0x90831220-0x9083de7c] /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
[0x945b0834-0x945b857c] /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
[0x96cb0780-0x96cc4aa8] /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
[0x902813ac-0x90341040] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
[0x90610de0-0x906796c8] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
[0x927413cc-0x92772154] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
[0x94060d00-0x9407ab08] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebServicesCore.framework/Versions/A/WebServicesCore
[0x94651134-0x9469e0b8] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
[0x905713c0-0x905cb3e4] /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
[0x907f1260-0x907f8ac4] /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
[0x920c0b64-0x92231a8c] /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
[0x94610d78-0x94627514] /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
[0x910b0dc8-0x910f34b8] /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Bom.framework/Versions/A/Bom
[0x81360a20-0x815793f0] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libclient.dylib
[0x80f12b6c-0x80f1b214] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libverify.dylib
[0x80f31600-0x80f477c4] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libjava.jnilib
[0x80f0275c-0x80f0c2c8] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libzip.jnilib
[0x85030fd4-0x8503f82c] /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Versions/A/JavaApplicationLauncher
[0x90810ea8-0x90810f58] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
[0x91bb0bb0-0x91d0dba0] /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime
[0x92dc1868-0x931ee838] /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
[0x916711c0-0x916a11f4] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
[0x96bf1508-0x96c72584] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
[0x91320b74-0x913773c4] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
[0x935d0880-0x9384fcac] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
[0x916e14cc-0x9174ec6c] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
[0x915619c0-0x915fc25c] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
[0x912e16b8-0x912f4fd4] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
[0x92d31230-0x92d749a8] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
[0x91460e28-0x9146f4e8] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
[0x92071308-0x9209007c] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
[0x92431820-0x92461fd0] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
[0x90d40ec0-0x90d40f70] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
[0x907209fc-0x9076ca18] /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
[0x927d138c-0x92a69568] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
[0x917e0e40-0x917ece8c] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
[0x93b517ec-0x93bcb034] /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
[0x91a9061c-0x91a90fb0] /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
[0x909117ac-0x9096597c] /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
[0x939a0970-0x939b119c] /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
[0x91850e9c-0x9185ced8] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/ImageCapture
[0x91990b68-0x91999808] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SecurityHI.framework/Versions/A/SecurityHI
[0x94b209d0-0x94b9b770] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
[0x91891740-0x9189a86c] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Help.framework/Versions/A/Help
[0x91811410-0x91824794] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OpenScripting.framework/Versions/A/OpenScripting
[0x918f1480-0x9192c134] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Print.framework/Versions/A/Print
[0x914a0df4-0x914f87fc] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HTMLRendering.framework/Versions/A/HTMLRendering
[0x919c1820-0x91a16ad0] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/NavigationServices.framework/Versions/A/NavigationServices
[0x912a1184-0x912b7f08] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound
[0x918c1328-0x918cadb8] /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommonPanels.framework/Versions/A/CommonPanels
[0x91ab15d4-0x91ac17f4] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGATS.A.dylib
[0x91ae0830-0x91aea2e0] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
[0x91b10c10-0x91b258b4] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPDFRIP.A.dylib
[0x91b5144c-0x91b5bb58] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPSRIP.A.dylib
[0x91b814f8-0x91b91854] /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
[0x96b40b68-0x96b67664] /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib
[0x96a20814-0x96ac02a0] /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
[0x81071aa4-0x81132474] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libawt.jnilib
[0x90ec0ec8-0x90ec0f78] /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
[0x80fd0c6c-0x80fd31c8] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libfontmanager.jnilib
[0x810608b0-0x81060e54] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libcmm.jnilib
[0x80560ab8-0x8058d764] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libsuncmm.jnilib
[0x8b0c1320-0x8b6156ec] /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents
[0x90d60c04-0x90d802d8] /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
[0x81b31058-0x81b35564] /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL
[0x96e80b78-0x96e80ca8] /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
[0x90c60ef0-0x90cb1010] /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
[0x90c30570-0x90c47f90] /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
[0x95f005e8-0x95f1e0f4] /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
[0x95e40664-0x95e9803c] /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
[0x954c0d00-0x95ac1cb4] /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
[0x95b2100c-0x95debd7c] /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
[0x80f58d3c-0x80f792f0] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libjpeg.jnilib
[0x8df60f6c-0x8df6485c] /System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libJapaneseConverter.dylib
[0x8595d080-0x859687e8] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/liblaf.jnilib
[0x78015f08-0x7801dc7c] /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libnet.jnilib

Local Time = Sun Mar 21 22:29:58 2004
Elapsed Time = 140975
#
# The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2-34 mixed mode)
#
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Here is the latest crash. This happened when I tried to right click on a balloon. I have other logs, but I don't remember what I was doing when it happened, so I'll only post them if you want.

Best,

Dave

The following error report describes the Java stack information at the crash.
The native stack information can be found in the crash log generated by CrashReporter.

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : Bus Error occurred at PC=0x90831254
Function=[Unknown.]
Any time you get an error that says "An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM" there has been a problem with the support system that runs Java, not the program itself. There is nothing I can do in these cases, and you should try to get whoever maintains your Java system to improve it's reliability (Apple in this case!)

Anyway, if all the crashes are of that type, there is nothing I can do. I only see a crash like this maybe once every three or four months (and I typically do some translation every day.)

so I can't help you out with that one. Sorry. (But, it is good news for me - it means GMAO itself isn't buggy...)

fugu