Another bugfix in GMAO

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Another bugfix in GMAO

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi all,

pushed out anohter update with two bugfixes:

If you don't have the AnnotationUpdateServer set, and try to "Open Remote" you should get some sort of error message now.

The other thing is a bit bigger: when outlining fonts, if the outline was big enough, the outline could bleed from one line of text onto another, making it hard to read the text. I fixed this so that all text is always over any outline, but the fix is a really ugly hack because I do text layout on a line-by-line basis. Anyway, the fix is to first draw text with outlines, and then draw them again without outlines. So it is a really ugly hack, means I have to draw text twice, but the result is that outlined text looks much nicer now when the outline size gets large. And, the ugly fix was super easy and fast to implement. Took like 2 minutes.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Er, and also changed superscripts for Translator Notes to subscripts, since a superscript might bump into the text above it. Subscripts don't run that risk.

Something else I need to fix for Translator Notes: they can't be transparent. I'll have to override TextLayout to be able to mess with that though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

New version out

Post by FuguTabetai »

The new version that I just pushed out has support for a help system. I added some really crappy documentation (just the quickstart and tutorial from the website basically.) If anyone wants to help out with documentation, plain old HTML pages with pictures are just fine. I would love some help on that. This documentation added lots of size to GMAO.jar - it is up to about 1.4 megs now from 700k or so. :(

Also tried to fix how new pages are added so that it wouldn't close the navigation tree on the left. My attempts so far have failed miserably.

Also added a pop-up menu on the Pages in the JTree, but haven't implemented anything with them yet. I'll try to get on that.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Put out another GMAO version with some bugfixes from dDave:

- Fixed the toolbar button highlighting stuff that was wonky. (I never even noticed.)

- Added an option for Default Language for new Annotations. Check the GMAO->Options on the Files/Data panel. It will take a restart for any changes to take effect. You will still have to hit tab to move focus over, but that should be 1 less keystroke...

I might look at some other things that are easy to put in based on dDave's suggestions, but I don't really have a huge amount of time to put towards GMAO programming.

fugu
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote: I might look at some other things that are easy to put in based on dDave's suggestions, but I don't really have a huge amount of time to put towards GMAO programming.
Heh. No pressure. As long as you find it useful, I'll continue give comments, but please don't think I'm breathing down your neck or anything. I'm just pleased you have released GMAO for schmucks like me to play with (of course, I would be thrilled if it worked better on Mac OS X better... :) )

Best,

Dave