Hilarious comments from Russian forum

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Hilarious comments from Russian forum

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've been getting a few referers from http://forum.mangaproject.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1313 (in russian, so you might want to run it through http://babelfish.altavista.com/) - people there are talking about a program used for manga translation. Anyway, someone mentioned GMAO and later on one of the people makes some comments on it.

The funniest thing I have ever seen writte about any of my software ever:
3. GMAO
- steep, of course, thing, but in principle all these vizual'nosti, treelike menu and auto-rocking on server - unnecessary navoroty. If 4 my program- after all I make, it will on the refinement, the convenience and the effectiveness resemble notorious Siberian felt boot.
- and sounds it to make knows how?.. Something 4 references did not there meet, except as cementing by white and insertion of the usual horizontal- oriented text.
- kosyachok: in narrow vertical balone of letter they were size from the underfed ant. I.e., proga must know how and on the vertical line write...
Man, my software is as refined, convenient, and effective as the notorious Siberian felt boot! That's the coolest thing I've ever heard said about anything I've ever done!! Or the most insulting. I'm not sure. :)

Also, I've added a few links to the GMAO home page (http://FuguTabetai.com/software/GMAO/) pointing to other manga translation programs. Let me know if I missed any that you are aware of.
Syon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Syon »

3. GMAO
- steep, of course, thing, but in principle all these vizual'nosti, treelike menu and auto-rocking on server - unnecessary navoroty. If 4 my program- after all I make, it will on the refinement, the convenience and the effectiveness resemble notorious Siberian felt boot.
- and sounds it to make knows how?.. Something 4 references did not there meet, except as cementing by white and insertion of the usual horizontal- oriented text.
- kosyachok: in narrow vertical balone of letter they were size from the underfed ant. I.e., proga must know how and on the vertical line write...
corrected translation:
3. GMAO
Of course it's a cool thing, but all these visualisations, tree-like menus and auto-update on server are really unnecessary features.
If i wrote my own program-( if i really do this ) her UI and other user-friendliness would resemble notorious Siberian felt boot.

- can GMAO make SFX part?..I can't find any reference to this functionality , except as white-coloring and insertion of the usual horizontal- oriented text.
- bug: in narrow vertical baloons, letters look like the underfed ant. I.e., software must know how to properly write on vertical line...
that's it.
so, the "Valenok" is really not about your's software :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Syon wrote: that's it.
so, the "Valenok" is really not about your's software :)
Well, that's no huge surprise. I still got a kick out of it.

Thanks a lot for the more accurate translation! If you are, by any chance, one of the Russian comic translators, let me know if there are any features you would like.