GMAOServer updated

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

GMAOServer updated

Post by FuguTabetai »

I updated the GMAOServer a while ago to work with Java 1.4, and now it uses only the JAXP API for all XML trickery. Before, I was casting to a certain instance of a class which meant that I had to run with certain libraries... I finally fixed things so that it runs under any JAXP supporting JRE.

Of course, the code is still really ugly, and I have a few things on my todo list. In no particular order:

- Add an interface for adding a new manga to the server. Since noboby but me uses the server (?) this isn't a real priority.

- Modify the protocal that GMAO and the Server use to talk, right now it is pretty ... bare.

- Add in management features, so you can specify which people can edit which manga.

- A better GUI. The GUI now is just horrible. And I lost the great Onidzuka icon I had been using. sniff. :(
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Made the log look a bit prettier

Post by FuguTabetai »

So I spent about 10 minutes and made the log look a bit prettier. I added colors to it so it is a bit easier seeing what is going on.

A few people have logged into the GMAOServer recently, so I wanted to make it a bit easier to check up on what is going on.

The source code is, of course, included in the JAR. http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/GMAO/code/bug/GMAO.jar

I'll try to move that to a more reasonable place soonish... :P

Also, I guess at some point I would like to implement a bit of security - some mechanism for specifying which Annotators can work on which manga volumes. Right now, anyone can modify anything. Luckily, there haven't been any problems with that yet...

fugu