GMAO.jnlp / GMAO.xml error

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

BakaOni
Yuurei
Yuurei

Problem when I download gmao.jnlp

Post by BakaOni »

I discovered GMAO when I downloaded the last release of "vulgar ghost daydream" and I'm curently trying to translate "hanafudana" from japanese to french with it. But each time I try to download GMAO, instead of GMAO.JNLP I've got a file named GMAO.XML. Because of that, internet explorer displays a listing of this file :cry: . Since I've renamed it, it works perfectly :D . Can you fix it please ? By the way it's a great work you've done with "vulgar ghost daydream" and I really enjoy it. I hope one day there will be a new release.[/b]
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Fixed

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks for the error report - turns out back when I switched to a new hosting provider I didn't add the proper mimetype for .jnlp files. I've fixed that, and GMAO will run fine over Webstart now.

GMAOServer though, doesn't seem to want to start. (I doubt anyone wants to run it, but I'll look into it.)

Please let me know if you have any problems / recommendations, etc. It is nice to see that other people use this stuff.

I have lots of plans for GMAO, but doubt that I will get around to doing anything until after I get my phd finished up. Maybe not then even, because it works well enough for what I want to do...
BakaOni
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by BakaOni »

Thanks for your quick intervention but the problem is still the same :? . I've installed Java Web Start 1.5.0. May be the problem came from that. When I click on "launch GMAO with Java Web Start!" I've got a file named GMAO.XML, and when I click on "launch GMAOServer via Java Web Start" an error occurs which is <j2se version="1.4+" max-heap-size=128m href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"/>. I think 128m must be between quotes in this line. Can you fix it please ? Thanks in advance.