Version 1.7.0

Information about GMAO - the application I (write and) use to translate manga.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Version 1.7.0

Post by FuguTabetai »

I have made a major update to GMAO. The change is the introduction of "Control Points" which let you interactively resize and reshape bubbles after they have been drawn. For polygons, this lets you delete and add new control points, and you can drag existing control points around.

For rectangles and ellipses you can resize them by dragging the bubble boundaries.

Turn control point display on and off using the "GMAO->Draw Control Points" menu item.

For all bubbles you can drag the green control point in the middle of the bubble to move it. This won't work if the green bubble is outside the actual boundary of the bubble though. In those cases you have to use the older "move" tool.

I plan on adding a safe save that will prompt you if you are saving a small file over a large one, but I didn't get around to that just yet.

Please let me know if I have broken anything for you. Assuming anyone is still using GMAO, that is.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Recovered XML from HTML

Post by FuguTabetai »

So I finished a Perl SAX filter to take the HTML script output from GMAO and spit out a rough XML file. Using the new control point feature in GMAO, I'm running through the chapter that I "lost" (ug!!) and putting the bubbles back in place.

Things I've noticed:

My code for adding control points is pretty bad. It doesn't add the new point where you would expect, and it won't add points in between the last point and the first, or the first point and the second. Still, works well enough for me to get this job done... (Reconverting Tenjo Tenge chapter 85 to XML.)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Version 1.7.1

Post by FuguTabetai »

I updated the code with a minor fix that improves centering of text (vertically) for bubbles with an even number of lines.

Unfortunately, I thought the fix was perfect, pushed it out, and now after using it for a few hours, notice a problem: sometimes you lose the end part of the bubble. If you set the vertical position yourself, the end pops back into existence, but automatic centering sometimes chops off a few words. I'm looking into it, but if anyone has any real problems (I think I'm the only one that uses GMAO though) let me know and I can put it back to how it was (off center for even numbered lines, but at least it has all the text.)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

GMAO 1.7.2 fixed the bug introduced above.
I'm probably going to add the ability to add a summary for each chapter shortly. the GUI will be crappy, accessible from a right-click pop-up on the Chapters node on the navigation tree (let you change the chapter title too I suppose, probably number also) or something like that.
After that, maybe a way to add simple support for multiple projects that let you load image dirs and XML files easily, since I often work on a few different manga at the same time.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

GMAO 1.7.3

Post by FuguTabetai »

GMAO 1.7.3 introduces the ability to change information about chapter titles and numbers, as well as add (or change) Summary information for each chapter.

Access this functionality by right-clicking on the Chapter node in the XML tree in the left-hand pane. It isn't the best user interface, but it works.
You will have to save the XML file to ensure that changes are saved.

The Summary information shows up in two places: HTML translation scripts created from the XML file (via the included XSL files) and in the "contents.html" page generated by the JavaScript pop-up export function.