Cleaned Volume 8 Scans.

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
whiteplums
Yuurei
Yuurei

Cleaned Volume 8 Scans.

Post by whiteplums »

Although I'm still very, very new at editing and cleaning up scans, I shall be providing them!!1

You can find examples of the cleaned scans here: http://www.refrainment.net/mgallery/main.php

I've already cleaned the first chapter of volume 8 (which is basically the whole thing), but I'm a bit iffy on sharing the rest right now because they haven't been resized, rotated, or cropped. Luckily, in terms of cleaning, the scans were easy to work with so all I had to do was adjust the curves.

According to the previous scans, I've gathered that the size should be 1024 x ~1500 px. Right now each image is about 800kb. Although it hurts me to set the quality so low when I save it in Photoshop, and it seems like I'll have to lower it to under 300kb.

Comments and criticism appreciated :o
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi Whiteplums,

that is great. Is there any way you could shoot me a zip of the cleaned scans so far? Just send it to fugu at this domain (you know, mangatranslation.com.) I can then start translating VGD volume 8.

If there are others that are also working on cleaning scans (I've had a few messages in the past few months) might want to post here too.

I usually like to have scans at 1280 pixels across, or maybe 1400, or just some number around that. You can always scale pictures down, but you can't scale them up.

Don't worry about size too much, when I translate them GMAO re-encodes into JPG (or PNG or GIF, but I usually just go with JPG) and that takes down the file size a bit. It is best to have RAWs at high quality for post-processing though.
IwEL
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by IwEL »

i did the first 20 pages so far (as well ^^) all leveled
, rotated, cropped and resized to a width of 1024 (didnt know gmao could resize as well :( )
http://rapidshare.de/files/33771738/vul ... 1.rar.html
if you've already done chapter 1 i could do number 2 or we could share the load , just write a pm
whiteplums
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by whiteplums »

I'll crop some of the pages with too much white space and clean the rest of the volume since it's only about 60 or so pages. I should be done by tonight.

Can you use Savefile or Sendspace?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

whiteplums wrote: Can you use Savefile or Sendspace?
I don't know; I've never heard of them before. I probably can though. Or you could always just email them to me. I can accept large attachments at my fugu at this domain dot com address. (Like 100 up to 100 megs.)
whiteplums
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by whiteplums »

I was just wondering if you got my e-mail. I sent you the links to the files yesterday.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

whiteplums wrote:I was just wondering if you got my e-mail. I sent you the links to the files yesterday.
Yes, I got your email this morning. I've been a bit busy though. I'll get back to you shortly.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks to whiteplums for the cleaned scans. They look really great, and I will start translating once I find some free time. Since I'm almost done with this month's Tenjo Tenge, maybe that will be soon (but since work is really busy, and my crazy friend is currently visiting me in Tokyo, it might be a while.)

Thanks to all the people that offered to help with this; it really makes me happy to see an active fan base that is willing to help out! It makes running this site a bit more fun.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Progress update on volume 8

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just to let you all know, I haven't been dead. I've just been very, very busy. I'm currently up to page 121 on volume 8. Since the first chapter is like 180 pages, I'll probably just wait to release until I've translated the entire volume.

It will probably be sometime in late January though, given how busy I am between now and ... January.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

What no VGD volume 8 love? At least 300 people have downloaded it so far.

Maybe people can't figure out how to get to the English translations? I thought I had a fairly clear REAMD.html file in there...
HuhWhat
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by HuhWhat »

Thanks for the volume. But may I ask what Misaki was talking about on page 24, when she says "Mitsuru's companion that's hiding in the clouds was shocked and now has to expect back up."

The original Japanese was a bit ambiguous... ミツルã￾¯é›²éš ã‚Œç›¸æ–¹ã￾¯ãƒ“ビã￾£ã￾¦ãƒ￾ックアップも期待ã￾§ã￾￾ã￾ªã￾￾ゃ。 I barely know any Japanese so this is entirely conjecture, but wouldn't this mean to say "Mitsuru is missing, my companion here is scared stiff, so I can't even count on backup." or something to that effect?

I just needed clarification. Thank you for the volume.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

You've got me. It could be "Mitsuru's hiding in the clouds, (the? his? my?) partner was shocked (surprised / scared) and (I / he) can't expect backup"

Or it could also be that the 隠れ is a conjunctive form and that applied to him as well.

It is vague, I don't really know how it is supposed to be interpreted. I'm not Japanese, so that happens a lot.
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

good,thx for u sharing