OT: Okuse Saki's art and/or artbooks?

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
OkuseFan

OT: Okuse Saki's art and/or artbooks?

Post by OkuseFan »

Hi guys, I'm a terribly huge fan of Gilgamesh TV and I've been looking for more information on Okuse Saki's art... prolly the wrong forum to ask, but I figured I'd try. Does anyone know of more of Okuse Saki's artwork in manga or artbook form?

Any information, including links to fansites and/or official sites would be MOST welcome :) thanks a ton!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I should just mention that Vulgar Ghost Daydream is my first exposure to Okuse Saki. I was wandering around maybe Animate in Akihabara, I don't quite recall, and the cover caught my eye. After a quick read that evening, I thought I'd bring it back to the states and translate it - I really liked the story and the art was nice to boot. :)

fugu
OkuseFan

Post by OkuseFan »

Actually Ive fallen in love with VGD myself LOL :D, the art and the writing is excellent!! Please keep up the good work, i NEED chap. 10 now >_<.

As far as what got me here was Okuse Saki's SPECTACULAR character design for the Gilgamesh anime though, and his unique and haunting style... if you haven't caught the anime yet, I'd suggest it... not sure if Okuse Saki's involvement goes beyond design but it has shared tones with VGD.

But I'm so digging VGD on it's own merit now :) great work!
ALieNLoVe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ALieNLoVe »

OkuseFan wrote:Actually Ive fallen in love with VGD myself LOL :D, the art and the writing is excellent!!
Poor Sankichi Meguro he's the drawer of Teizokurei Daydream and you dind't even mentioned him... lol >_<

Here in Spain, was published another Okuse's manga (Drawing & plot): kokkuri-san planchette or Kokkuri-san ga tooru, 3 volumes. It's really cool :D mystical stuff, martial arts, schoolkids, teen's prostitution.... it's more weird than Daydream >_<

Edit: Thinking about.... I'm feeling weird.. all my post had the phrase "here in Spain".... ^^U it's pure coincidence, i'm not a dumbass promoting my own country ^^ gomen ne

The cover of the 3 Volumes (Spanish edition):
ImageImageImage

And some pics from the inside (jap):
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Kokkuri-san, by the way, is a kind of spirit - it is referenced in a game similar to ouija board - you ask "Kokkuri-san" some question, and get back an answer from beyond...

I know this because it came up back when I was translating Great Teacher Onidzuka. :)

That looks nice. I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks.

fugu
ALieNLoVe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ALieNLoVe »

yeah, that makes reference to the Ouija board, but that's not the fact, is a game with the name of the kanjis:
Ko = kanji for the spirit of Fox,Kitsune (the girl named Kitsuneko, with a spirit of a Fox inside
Kku = kanji for the spirit of racoon, Tanuki (the girl named Rikako
Ri = kanji for the spirit of Tengu (that kind of mans with looooong nose) (the girl named Keigu)

The three of them are "henge", kind of Japanese folklore character, that can take any form.

it's a good manga =) the plot it's a kind of mess, but that's what makes it cool =)

PS: ^^ that chapter of GTO is great! kokkuri-sannnnn.......kokkuri-sannnnn.......