Teaser at the end of chapter 11 :D

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
OkuseFan

Teaser at the end of chapter 11 :D

Post by OkuseFan »

Wow, chaps 10 and 11 build momentum pretty quickly, the whole arc is moving now to some kind of confrontation with Yuo >_<... Great work as usual on the scanlation :D

Just out of curiousity though, the chapters/vol's come out monthly? bimonthly? The teaser at the end of chap 11 suggested a whole volume going on release soon, I was under the impression VGD ran serialized.

Anyways, keep up the awesome job :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It is serialized, but I don't know how frequently or in what magazine it runs in.

I bought (what I believe to be) a reprint of volume 4, so volume 5 was forthcoming... I do have volume 5, I just don't have any time right now to scan it. There are only 5 volumes out in Japan now, and I don't know when a new one is planned.
OkuseFan

Post by OkuseFan »

Wow, can't wait... wish i could help somehow hehe. If you need help hosting or something just mention it :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

you're welcome to put up a mirror if you like. but there isn't much to help with. Once I scan the stuff in, I translate a few pages a day, and put out a release when a chapter is done.

probably won't be anything for another month or so - I'm pretty right now.

cheers,

fugu
RandyMonki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by RandyMonki »

I know VGD is serialized in Kodansha's "Monthly Magazine Z" (Purely by coincidence, mind you...I ended up randomly buying the one with the first chapter in it and didn't know what series it was until i saw the translations here), but i honestly have no idea whether it appears every month or not.

It's one of those manga you can order from your local comic shop through the Diamond Previews catalog (though it's buried in the back).
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It is normally serialized in Kadokawa's Ace magazine I believe. I'm not sure what it would be doing in a Kodansha magazine.
RandyMonki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by RandyMonki »

Er, sorry, i meant Kadokawa's Ace. Big ass brain fart there...the dangers of going from memory...Since Z was about the only other one i had in my collection. :oops: To be honest, my memory didn't connect VGD to the same mag that had a sheet of Keroro Gunso stickers or Eden's BoWy.

Digging it out of the box and doing a quick cover check confirmed it.