Has anyone bought the Vulgar Ghost Daydream DVD yet?

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Has anyone bought the Vulgar Ghost Daydream DVD yet?

Post by FuguTabetai »

Has anyone bought or seen the Vulgar Ghost Daydream DVD? It is listed on Amazon.co.jp but I haven't heard a thing about it. Has anyone heard of raws floating around somewhere?

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

And idiotically enough I see that it isn't due out until 2004/06/25.

ha! Still, I wonder when the next volume will be out - I haven't been able to dig up any information on that from Kadokawa's web site either...

fugu
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

whoa.. there's an anime of this? sweet.

come on all you fansubbers..... lol
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

So that's why there hasn't been any new stuff.
An anime of this could be good, I would just worry about it being to slow (at least for most people).
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
The Hierophant

DVD BOX IMAGE

Post by The Hierophant »

Finally found (a small) image of the 低俗霊DAYDREAM DVD box cover.

cyberfoxbat
Yuurei
Yuurei

Newtype image

Post by cyberfoxbat »

I can post a whole page ad in Newtype if anyones interested.
Violence is the last resort of the incompetent....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Sure, that would be cool. If the scan is nice enough I can read about it. :)

Post by Guest »

Fugu, check my ftp.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:Fugu, check my ftp.
Your link isn't good, and you had better email me (or private message) to avoid getting bombarded...

I have had contact with Ikari in the #Manga-Translation IRC channel, and might translate the DVD if it ever shows up.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Argh, I wasn't logged it when writitng the post. Anyways, it's me. I hope you still got my ftp info, it's in the DAYDREAM dir. Let me know if you feel like translating it.

Post by Guest »

could you put up the on one of your bots in irc when you get it. Ive tried to get it off winmx and had no luck. I would really apreciate it thanks

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:could you put it up on one of your bots in irc when you get it. Ive tried to get it off winmx and had no luck. I would really apreciate it thanks
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ikari wrote:Argh, I wasn't logged it when writitng the post. Anyways, it's me. I hope you still got my ftp info, it's in the DAYDREAM dir. Let me know if you feel like translating it.
Hey Ikari, I just finished translating the episode - really nice, I liked it a lot. I'll email you the script. I don't know much about subbing stuff, but I assume any half-brained monkey could time it since I put the character names there.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If ayone is interested in the tranlsation script for Vuglar Ghost Daydream ep1, just let me know. Sadly, not up to my usual standards - English only. Maybe I'll go back and put the japanese in. That might be fun to do...
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I think anime-keep might have just subbed this. Teizokurei Daydream OVA 1 is what they list it as... trying to d/l it, so I'll get back to 'ya once I get it :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just for kicks, I upaded my Vulgar Ghost Daydream page, and put a link to my text only translation of OVA chapter 1: http://mangatranslation.com/vgd/ova_1.txt

I'm downloading Anime-Keep's translation as well, since I'm curious about it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

wow, their translation is great - they caught at least 4 or 5 things that I didn't. anyway, I'll watch it later if I find some time.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

As enthusiastic as I was in my attempts to get the raw as fast as possible for fugu... I have yet to watch the show myself :(

I hate work.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hey Ikari - no problem. When I finally watched it (2 days later) and put out my translation, I was really happy! I hadn't ever done anime translation before.

Then, when I saw the Anime-Keep version a few days later, I was sad to see how many things I was wrong on - about 6! Amazing how the ear can hear different things when you're listening for it...

Anyway, I did like the ep, but I was sad to see that they started with essentially chapter 2 instead of chapter 1. I liked the "Chinge" story more than the Kunugi Ai one. I think they wanted to introduce Ai as early as possible though.

Post by Guest »

hmmm, animation is outdated, story is toned down and simplified... even though they show some nudity, but fights in episode 1 aren't anywhere close to intersting. Manga is way better:)
Thor
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thor »

FuguTabetai, Vol 6 of VGD is not the final volume as far as you know is it? If not, then won't these OVA's logically just be taken from the middle section of the manga?

I thought A-Keep's OVA 1 eps was done great too! But I would never had bothered to watch it had I not read your translations to begin with. Thanks again!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Volume 5 is the latest volume of Teizokurei Daydream that is out - but it is not the "final" volume - the manga is still in production (serialized in the Kadokawa Ace magazine) as far as I know. There just have not been any new chapters since vol. 5 went out.

fugu
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

oh, just wanted to say if some of you were curious to who the VAs were:

Misaki - Masumi Asano
Ai - Yukari Tamura

lol, yea. That's all I could figure out. :wink:
gunbuster
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by gunbuster »

It was pretty good, i'm definitely going to continue buying the dvds.

heres the cover for vol 2
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

just read in an recent Newtype that this is a four volume OVA.