Volume 6 released

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.

Volume 6 released

Post by Guest »

Actually this is old news, since Volume 6 released on 7/1.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess I'll take a look around Kinokunia this weekend.

Post by Guest »

I got my scans from Winny a couple weeks ago. Do you need them?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Usually scans from the web are lower quality than I prefer. I'll just pick up volume 6 and scan it myself.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks for the heads up; I just picked up volume 6 from Kinokunia today.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Started translating VGD vol. 6

Post by FuguTabetai »

In case anyone is interested in following my progress on Vulgar Ghost Daydream 6 (surely I'll be going slower than usual - I'm really busy now) you can peek in on http://mangatranslation.com/VGDaydream_6_Trans.html

I should probably finish up what I'm doing with the Tenjo Tenge Ultra Jump Special, but it is just so much easier to pop out a page or two of VGD than it is to translate some portion of the special. ah well, that's life.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nobody's saying much, so I guess there aren't any fans that want a translation out super fast (good, because I'm busy) but I did just finish translating the first chapter in volume 6. Of course, the second chapter is the remaining 160 pages, so there won't be a release anytime soon, but you can check out the text translation at http://mangatranslation.com/VGDaydream_6_Trans.html if interested.

cheers,

fugu
Moesbie
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Moesbie »

Just found out it came out. I'm looking forward to Volume 6. :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The translation is going slowly - mostly because I'm just really busy. Still, the link to the text only translation is up to date, and when I finish the next chapter (which is the rest of the volume) I'll put out a torrent. It is always nice to see that people are interested. Gives me a bit more motivation to sit down and crank out a few pages... :)
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

in that case i will be very happy to showq my interest :p
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Update

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just keeping those of you at home up to date. I've translated 65 pages out of about 200 total. I only had scanned in the first 65 originally, so I'll scan some more tonight (hopefully scan in the rest of the volume.) I'm just really busy now, so things are going slow.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

scanned in the rest of the volume. Time for a bit of translation...

Post by Guest »

FuguTabetai wrote:scanned in the rest of the volume. Time for a bit of translation...
:wink:
thanks for taking the time man, I was wondering what happened to VGD, I thought it was picked up and you stopped translating it or something
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote: :wink:
thanks for taking the time man, I was wondering what happened to VGD, I thought it was picked up and you stopped translating it or something
No, there hadn't been a release for a while (while the anime was in production I guess) and now that 6 is out, I'm slowly hacking away at it. I'm up to page 93 now, out of about 190 or so.
JiNxY

Post by JiNxY »

I wondered myself what had happened to it.

Looks like the story should really start from here-on out :)

Thanks for the translation as ever Fugu :)
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Weeee! There'll be more VGD to read...great!
THX for translation Fugu.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Thanks for working on this Fugu. :cool:

And no need to hurry. Some of us are also busy nowadays too, you know. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just for those keeping track at home: I'm up to page 165. Should finish eventually, but I hardly have the time to translate a page or two a night, so it still might be a while.
Thor
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thor »

Thanks for the hard work as usual Fugu! :D I am awaiting anxiously (although patiently) for more VGD, as I like it even more than TT. Take your time, no hurries.... *prevents self from biting nails in anticipation of more VGD!!* :mrgreen:

As one of VGD's #1 fanatics, I would have posted sooner, but did not check on the VGD section for over a month since I too assumed Vol 6 would still be some time off for release. Very glad it is out and that you are more than half way done!
Lava
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Lava »

Thanks for the hard work indeed Fugu :D Absolutely love this series!!! 8)

I have one small question btw. The bubble bottom-left on page 39 of volume 06 appears not-translated. Not sure if this was asked before... didn't seem that way. Being curious what the text in that bubble means :?
teruterubozu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by teruterubozu »

THANKS for the hard work
sometimes the more I wait the more I enjoy the new chapter of Misaki-san....
thanks you!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Lava wrote:Thanks for the hard work indeed Fugu :D Absolutely love this series!!! 8)

I have one small question btw. The bubble bottom-left on page 39 of volume 06 appears not-translated. Not sure if this was asked before... didn't seem that way. Being curious what the text in that bubble means :?
ah, yeah I missed that one. Just "yo, sorry I'm late"