Errors with too many files / distribution philosophy

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.

Post by Guest »

yay hurrayyy, didn't you wonder why so few ppl dl ?

Download error
trouble accesing files - [errno 24] To many open files .....\\vgd06_059.jpg

i never had any problems with your torrents before , but i would prefer zipped , easier to dl
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:yay hurrayyy, didn't you wonder why so few ppl dl ?

Download error
trouble accesing files - [errno 24] To many open files .....\\vgd06_059.jpg

i never had any problems with your torrents before , but i would prefer zipped , easier to dl
Feel free to zip it up yourself and redistribute; but that is definitely the wrong thing to do.

zipping gains little as far as compression: the images are already compressed via graphics-specific algorithms.

If you distribute something that is zipped, it is a dis-incentive to seeding afterwards; you have to either keep 2 copies around (one zipped to seed with, one for you to read) or stop seeding so you can uncompress and read.

BitTorrent has no technical reasons not to package many files together in one torrent.

The fault is with your client and/or OS combination. I recommend using Azureus; it is a nice open source client with many features that is under active development, and does not have problems with lots of files. And 400 files is not many.

By the way, 600 downloads in 1 day, so it hasn't seemed to be a huge problem. Also, I'm locking this thread, since people might have subscribed to it for new chapter release announcements. I'll split it off into a new thread.

Post by Guest »

I found a really nice program for reading manga. Its called picwalker. Its not like i'm advertising this thing (since it is free), but it can read the picture files inside .zip and .rar files (can't remember what type of image types, but i know it covers most of the basics, png, jpg, bmp,gif) So you can view them even if they're zipped or have folders inside the zip file. (Just as long as it isn't a zip file inside a zip file)