Anybody else having problems finishing VGD Vol6 bittorrent?

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
Alioth

Anybody else having problems finishing VGD Vol6 bittorrent?

Post by Alioth »

I started the Bittorrent (for Vulgar Ghost Daydream Volume 6) awhile back and it took a while via my crappy 56K connection, but I'm up to about 71% and even though it says there are 5 Seeds online, I can't connect to them and finish up.

You might say it's just a problem with my computer/internet connection, but there are about 200 Peers and everyone I've connected to has exactally the same percentage, and no new seeds have finished their download.

I'm not sure what the solution is (don't have enough experience with Bittorrent), but does anybody else?

btw, great work on all your translations, Dog, VGD, TT, damn, they're all roxorz! :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I believe someone is poisoning the peer list - there are 532 peers on the vol 1-5 torrent, and 209 on the vol 6 torrent. Most of them are in the 213.yy.xx.xx (I forget yy off the top of my head) IP range, and will not connect - they are not valid peers. What this means is that you have to wait a long time before connecting to a real peer.

This started happening after I got an email from some guy in Spain saying that VGD was licensed in Spanish, and then I should remove my translations. He didn't seem to be an official representative of the company though, and wouldn't answer any emails.

I've been thinking of writing a script to go through the state file and kill off all peers in the IP range that I can't connect to (as a seed) but I just haven't had the time.
Alioth

Thanks!

Post by Alioth »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Most of the people I connect to are in the 66 - 68 xx(x).xxx.xxx, and they're all at 76.9% now, so I guess it's trickling down from somewhere.

Last night after I posted another Seed was online for a while, and although I could connect, I wasn't able to get more than .3 k/s (yes, point three), but maybe that's just my computer.

I guess since it is coming we'll get it eventually.

flame to the spanish guy :evil: (if that is the case), considering you haven't even translated it into spanish.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'll actually set up one of my seeds to hop onto volume 6. Right now I don't have one on it.
Alioth

Thanks again

Post by Alioth »

I was able to finish, thanks!

There's about 12 - 13 seeders now, so most real downloaders should be able to finish now. :)
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

I can't download Volume 6 of VGD...at all. When I start BT, I get an error message that says

"trouble accessing files - invalid mode: wb+"

Any ideas? The version of the client I have installed works fine with other BT downloads, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MetalGravy wrote:I can't download Volume 6 of VGD...at all. When I start BT, I get an error message that says

"trouble accessing files - invalid mode: wb+"

Any ideas? The version of the client I have installed works fine with other BT downloads, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
That is a client error message. It might be because the torrent has about 1000 files in it, but that isn't a problem with the torrent itself.

Try using Azureus, my client of choice, which works for sure. That's what I use for the seeds.
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

Well, it's working--although it's downloading hella slow. Also the torrent's "health" is yellow, but at least it's downloading. Thanks.