"Ghost Talker's Daydream" anime license confirmed

A shonen horror style manga. Follows the trails of Misaki Saiki, a young "Necromancer" who can speak with dead people.
Danj
Yuurei
Yuurei

"Ghost Talker's Daydream" anime license confirmed

Post by Danj »

I think this was already known a while ago, but the VGD anime has been confirmed as being officially licensed by Geneon under the title "Ghost Talker's Daydream". It might be an idea to update the VGD page with this info as it's still pointing to the fansubs.

(edit: whoops, forgot to clarify that I meant the anime!)
Dan Jackson
AnimeOnUK.TV - see what anime is on the box!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Man, what a terrible title. I really like "Vulgar Ghost Daydream" but "Ghost Talker's Daydream" is pretty bad.

I'll try to update the page soon.

fugu
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

well, I don't want to sound like an arse but if you checked AoD this past week there's already an early review of the August release.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc ... s/4139.php

enjoy!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks for the links, I've put up some info on the Vulgar Ghost Daydream page, and a link to the AnimeOnDVD review.

I can't tell whether I should be happy or sad that a lot of the stuff that I choose to translate has been picked up for American release (Great Teacher Onidzuka, GetBackers, Tenjo Tenge, now the anime version of Vulgar Ghost Daydream.)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Man, what a terrible title. I really like "Vulgar Ghost Daydream" but "Ghost Talker's Daydream" is pretty bad.
Yeah, it's pretty horrible. But, I'm happy we're getting it over here. Has anyone seen any of the ova's? Is at least comparable to the manga? I really thinking about picking this up.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hollowshingami wrote:Has anyone seen any of the ova's? Is at least comparable to the manga? I really thinking about picking this up.
I liked the first OVA. It stuck very closely to the manga.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I just picked up the OVA and it seems to leaves out some stuff. It's only 4 episodes so that's expected. I really enjoyed it overall. :D
bubblegum2000
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by bubblegum2000 »

I saw the first episode today and the quality is pretty good. It follows the manga but I thought it was less dark. There's no SM scene but they keep the almost-rape scene of poor Ai though. The first episode is the story of Ai. I don't remember exactly what was in the first volume but I think they shortened the story.