Fav GB Character?

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.

Favorite GB Character!

Midou Ban
47%
Amano Ginji
13%
Hevn
6%
Wan Paul
No votes
Natsumi
3%
Kurodo Akabane (Dr. Jackal)
16%
Himiko (Lady Poison)
No votes
Mr. Makuruma (Mr. No Brakes)
No votes
Jubei
No votes
Haruki Emishi
No votes
Shido Fuyuki (Beast Master)
No votes
Kazuki
9%
Makubex
No votes
Traffic Clerk Girl
No votes
Tare Ginji
6%

Total votes: 32

mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Fav GB Character?

Post by mystavash »

Here, I'll start. My favorite character is Tare-Ginji, because I love Tare Panda, and I think Ginji is SUPER cute when he's in tare form. I also have great warm feelings in my heart for Ban and his sexy purple sunglasses (which you can now buy reasonably priced!).

As for a girl-character, I'm all for the traffic clerk girl. :D

Anisa. 8)

Post by Guest »

i love Tare-Ginji too! ^_^

... hmm... wonders how to turn tare panda stuff toy into a tare ginji....

Post by Guest »

How can u not vote for the Traffic clerk Girl??!?!?!?
She's the only one that keeps GetBackers working.....

Traffic Clerk Girl ForEVER!!!! :P
yhibiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by yhibiki »

Akabane, because he kicks so much ass. Nobody else in the series can compare to him. (although Ban is a very close second). :hugs episode 22: Akabane saaaan~
Michi G

Favorite Get Backers Character

Post by Michi G »

I find that majority of the Get Backers bunch are cool characters, but there is no question in my mind that Akabane Kuroudo is my favorite character in the manga (and anime too). They really don't make enough evil people like him. His manner of speech, those clothes, his love of killing, his killing style--how could you not love him?? He is like my new obsession. Ban's a close second, but I favor characters who are a bit more unbalanced. Frankly my mini-shrine for him, http://www.geocities.com/hitome77/kuroudo.html, expresses my love of him better. Hope to see more Kuroudo fans! :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

But Akabane is so evil. I mean, really evil! I'm sitting there and translating, and thinking "whoah, this guy is ... mean!!"

people like that?[/b]
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Evil is great!

Post by Michiru »

I have no idea why, but evil people are sometimes the best part of a manga. Don't get me wrong--I love really nice people, like Kazuki for example (he's so cute!), but I love people who are really evil/mean, especially if it seems for no good reason. It's entertaining only because it's in a manga. If Akabane Kuroudo really existed, I'd probably hate him or something. That or run away. :wink:
"Sonna ni kami ni chikazukita kattara shinjimae! Shineba dare darou ga hotoke ni nareru zo, soko no bouzu-tachi ni na."
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mystavash »

FuguTabetai wrote:But Akabane is so evil. I mean, really evil! I'm sitting there and translating, and thinking "whoah, this guy is ... mean!!"

people like that?[/b]
Think of Akabane as like a triple decker fudge covered chocolate cake. Akabane's as deliciously evil as the cake is deliciously yum, and both are very bad for you, but you can't help but want it.

Plus he's hot.

Anisa.
Coordinator, Get Backers Manga Translation Project
Jubei Kakei

Post by Jubei Kakei »

I vote for Hevn !!! But who is Tare Ginji and Traffic Clerk Girl ?! I've never heard of them
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Jubei Kakei wrote:I vote for Hevn !!! But who is Tare Ginji and Traffic Clerk Girl ?! I've never heard of them
The are in the manga. I don't know if they are in the anime - I've only watched the first episode or two.

fugu
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Michiru »

Yeah, both of them (Tare Ginji and Traffic Clerk girl) are in the anime. But, of course, since they've taken out some of the stuff from the manga, you don't get to see her as often. Well, she wasn't that often in the manga, but definitely more so than in the anime. Now that I think of it, the traffic clerk girl is my favorite female in the manga. I don't really like Himiko, Hevn, or Natsumi too much, so I definitely would say the Traffic Clerk girl is my favorite female character.
"Sonna ni kami ni chikazukita kattara shinjimae! Shineba dare darou ga hotoke ni nareru zo, soko no bouzu-tachi ni na."
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Michiru wrote:Yeah, both of them (Tare Ginji and Traffic Clerk girl) are in the anime. But, of course, since they've taken out some of the stuff from the manga, you don't get to see her as often. Well, she wasn't that often in the manga, but definitely more so than in the anime. Now that I think of it, the traffic clerk girl is my favorite female in the manga. I don't really like Himiko, Hevn, or Natsumi too much, so I definitely would say the Traffic Clerk girl is my favorite female character.
Hevn plays to the fanboys too much even for me. I haven't seen enough of Himiko to form an opinion yet...
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Hevn...Himiko...

Post by Michiru »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Hevn plays to the fanboys too much even for me. I haven't seen enough of Himiko to form an opinion yet...
Yeah, that's my main issue with her. In other aspects, she's funny. Well, in the manga she is. Bringing Ban and Ginji jobs that are really dangerous and/or unpleasant. I can't make a statement about Himiko in the manga yet (haven't read enough), but in the anime (especially episode 13 and 20, I think it was), I was like, "okay, they're putting in too much fan service." Why is it that Himiko's clothes keep getting ripped?? Okay, I'm going to stop there before I start ranting on about things... :wink:

Post by Guest »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Haha! Even a fanboy is turned off! The interesting thing is the anime toned down her clothes a LOT. There's a scene where they're standing in front of Mugen Jo, and in the manga, Hevn's got this tiny tiny thing on that would look indecent on someone with a 30 inch bust, much less the one's she's got. But in the exact same scene in the anime, she's completely covered up in a turtle neck. Fascinating.

It's hard to find compelling female characters, I think, in a shonen manga story, especially one like GB with two guys as the lead. The traffic clerk girl rocks for me, she's the epitome of the smiling cute Japanese store clerk, but at the same time, she sucks all the money out of Ginji and Ban, which so marvelously evil. ;)

Anisa.[/i]
Kuroudo Akabane
Yuurei
Yuurei

Mochiron!

Post by Kuroudo Akabane »

No question about it. You gotta love Akabane. He's just so perfectly evil. Here's a link to my favorite manga Akabane picture:http://www.dakkanya.net/view/manga/kuro ... udo007.gif. I love that picture! I wonder which manga volume it's from....
"Watashi wa motomoto daremo nakama de wa nai. Dakara uragirimono wa arienai." --Akabane-sama

Post by Guest »

he's got a great outfit ^_^

anyone know who his seiyuu is? love the way he speaks!
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Michiru »

Anonymous wrote:he's got a great outfit ^_^

anyone know who his seiyuu is? love the way he speaks!
Yeah, I think his seiyuu is Tobita Nobuo. But I cannot believe he is the same voice as Domon on Flame of Recca! Sonna!! I listened, but I cannot hear it. Kuroudo sounds so incredible and Domon... well, he doesn't. That guy has to be one of the most versatile seiyuu's I've heard.

Oh, yeah, and I also love the way Kuroudo looks in that picture!
elie
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Mochiron!

Post by elie »

Kuroudo Akabane wrote:No question about it. You gotta love Akabane. He's just so perfectly evil. Here's a link to my favorite manga Akabane picture:http://www.dakkanya.net/view/manga/kuro ... udo007.gif. I love that picture! I wonder which manga volume it's from....
That's from Volume 10 in the very beginning. (At the start of the Akabane vs Ginji battle).
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

My favorite character is definitely Amano Ginji, especially in his Raitei mode. He's so badass and the way he was in episode 22 is just beyond words. I can't think of a character in any other series who is as badass as him(and besides, I look a little like him, so that really helps :D ).
jei

Post by jei »

definitely kagami, midoban n akabane...mysterious people interest me the most!!!!!!!
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mystavash »

EagleEye wrote:My favorite character is definitely Amano Ginji, especially in his Raitei mode. He's so badass and the way he was in episode 22 is just beyond words. I can't think of a character in any other series who is as badass as him(and besides, I look a little like him, so that really helps :D ).
Yeah, as soon as I saw those episodes, I knew Raitei Ginji was the hottest character, just as tare ginji was the cutest. Oo!

Guys in Japan usually dye their hair varying shades of blonde/brown (except for that London Boots guy, who dyed it bright red), but I saw this one guy with *purple* hair, and he looked JUST like an anime character. It was scary. ;)

Anisa.
Coordinator, Get Backers Manga Translation Project
axel

Post by axel »

I am definatly in love with Ginji...he rocks
DRiFTdesigns
Yuurei
Yuurei

My Favorites

Post by DRiFTdesigns »

In my opinion, in terms of strength, no one can stand up to Mido Ban. However, my favorite character would have to be Amano Ginji, who comes very close to Ban in physical strength. We can't be to sure about mental abilities though :P. I also like Jubei and Akabane. Super ownage with all the needles and knives.
asdf

Post by asdf »

MIDOU BAN AND JACKAL ARE THE BEST PERIOD NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Himiko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Himiko »

Ban!! ^_^ I love him to death.
AyuTateishi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Favorite Character: Mido Ban

Post by AyuTateishi »

My favorite character is Mido Ban. I think he is a fighting genius and the strongest in the anime. I also like his cool purple glasses! He is also good-looking and very intelligent. He is a strategist and even wins the admiration of Amano Ginji and Doctor Jackal! He is the best! BAN RULES!!! :wink:
inv4zn
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Favorite Character: Mido Ban

Post by inv4zn »

AyuTateishi wrote:My favorite character is Mido Ban. I think he is a fighting genius and the strongest in the anime. I also like his cool purple glasses! He is also good-looking and very intelligent. He is a strategist and even wins the admiration of Amano Ginji and Doctor Jackal! He is the best! BAN RULES!!! :wink:
i love him 2 man.... exactly for da same reasons.... for being a total sikkunt fighting expert.... i like how he hides his true strength all da time 2..... and the fact hes a cheapo is funny haha :wink:
Sammy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sammy »

Midou Ban.

dis guy's shades. i like this guy's hand grip.
drj

Post by drj »

i like akabane so cool :p like his knives :D
Amano Ginji

Post by Amano Ginji »

Raitai Ginji rules all :)
anime_jk14
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by anime_jk14 »

Akabane rulz! he's the hell king!!! the one and only soul taker of GB!!! WOOHOO!! AKABANE RULZ!!! ahem....sorry i got bonkers....again..so akabane's the man :shock: