Eyeshield 21

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Eyeshield 21

Post by User151 »

I am currently reading a manga called Eyeshield 21. It's about american football. Though I don't know much about American football, the manga looks pretty cool to me. It's a story about a boy who was an errand boy at his middle school going on errands for school's bullies. But at the first year of his high school or junior high, I can't remember, he was scouted by the school's American football club and he became their Running Back because of his speed. And he sorta became the school's legend and turn the football club around, there were only two regular members in the club before.

Its a very entertaining manga. With a good storyline, character development and lots of funny stuff. I heard that its not license in US yet so you can probably find an online site and download the translated version. Its now running up to volume err... 22 now. You should probably try it.

Cheers
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Online sources

Post by User151 »

Oh I forgot! is it OK to tell online sources here. one is http://www.deimonhigh.com/ Deimon high the name of the high school in the story.

The other is http://www.stoptazmo.com/ Here you can find quite alot of mangas but some are incomplete or of poor quality.
It is a good day to die
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

What is up with Stop Tazmo anyway? They have like a bunch of fan-translated manga for download there I think.

I am not interested in football, so won't be reading it myself (too much to do here with Japanese manga!) but thanks for the heads-up. I think manganews.net is generally a better place for user reviews and that kind of thing.
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

yeah I dunno what they're doing offering HTML downloads for that amount of manga, they must be quite crazy.

I am also not into football that much. But its really a good and funny story just try chapter 1 and 2. May be you'll get hooked too.
It is a good day to die
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

Tazmo = some dude who has been making money by having fansub/scanlation available online for fees.
so StopTazmo is an effort put by many of the scene to cut his profit. They provide a free/dedicated http source for fans.

anyway, I believe majority of people follow this category of manga for the game side stories and not because it's their favorite sports. Heck I read 18 volumes of Hikaru no go and still know nothing about Go. Anyway, in general sport-themed titles rarely catches my interest, add to it American football? no thanks :)