GB Q&A: Ask your own questions, and get some answers

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

GB Q&A: Ask your own questions, and get some answers

Post by mystavash »

Chiquitos, remind me to have a prize when we hit 200,000 on the hit counter... I keep trying to remember to do that, but I'm lazy. ;)

OK! So, say you have a GB *question*, and it is not about the merchandise, where do you go?? Here!

Anisa.
Last edited by mystavash on Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coordinator, Get Backers Manga Translation Project

fansubs

Post by Guest »

i noticed that there are a few groups fansubbing GetBackers. was wondering if any group's release was more accurate?

which do you guys prefer?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: fansubs

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:i noticed that there are a few groups fansubbing GetBackers. was wondering if any group's release was more accurate?

I haven't had time to watch the fan subs - I have the first 16 eps or so from Ishin-Anime, but I've only seen the first 2.

The two I saw were accurately translated though.

fugu
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Questions, yay!

Post by Michiru »

I almost forgot I had a big question about GB. Do they ever do a... what do you call it? Chapters about Ginji and Ban's past? I'm terribly interested in the conflicts the Four Kings had before they formed the Volts, as well as the events that led Ginji and Ban to form the Get Backers. I'm a fanfic writer, so it's that stuff that seems appealing to write about. Plus, I just love when stories go backwards, so I'm wondering if there are chapters like that or if more they just give you more hints about that.
"Sonna ni kami ni chikazukita kattara shinjimae! Shineba dare darou ga hotoke ni nareru zo, soko no bouzu-tachi ni na."
akima
Yuurei
Yuurei

Translation Question

Post by akima »

I'm really enjoying the Getbackers manga. I very much appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting into translating it and putting it up on the web for everyone to read. :D

I am curious though as to what Ban is thinking/saying on pg ae_GB-02-127 in the Zip file GB-02-Chapter-03 after Ban says he wasn't dumped by her and hits Ginji, in the next Ban panel is a bubble full of untranslated Japanese. I was just wondering if it was accidently missed or not translated.

Thanks. Akima
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: Translation Question

Post by mystavash »

akima wrote:I'm really enjoying the Getbackers manga. I very much appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting into translating it and putting it up on the web for everyone to read. :D

I am curious though as to what Ban is thinking/saying on pg ae_GB-02-127 in the Zip file GB-02-Chapter-03 after Ban says he wasn't dumped by her and hits Ginji, in the next Ban panel is a bubble full of untranslated Japanese. I was just wondering if it was accidently missed or not translated.

Thanks. Akima
Okay, so the *first* time that happened, it was Dave's fault, but now it's my fault cuz I'm lazy.

Please see the FIXED translation here:
http://getbackers.mangatranslation.com/ ... 02-127.jpg

Dave translated it as: "That's not how it was with her."

ooo, I just love it when Ban's being all emotive.

I am uploading the fixed zips right now.

Anisa.
eiri
Yuurei
Yuurei

anime

Post by eiri »

hi,

does anyone know how many episodes of the getbackers anime there are?
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mystavash »

The website lists up to Episode 33, I would guess that it goes AT LEAST up to 42.

Anisa.
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Michiru »

mystavash wrote:The website lists up to Episode 33, I would guess that it goes AT LEAST up to 42.

Anisa.
This isn't really an answer to any question, but since it was mentioned here, I thought I'd mention that the GB website now lists up to episode 41. ^_^ I can't get enough Get Backers anyway, so I don't think I'll ever be satsified. :wink:

Oh, wait, I do have a question. I'm not sure if it's just a Japanese question or really a GB manga question, but why is it that some of the little translations next to the kanjis (I've forgotten what that's called), don't match the kanji reading? For example, Ban said said "Jackal," but the kanji for it was "Akabane." And the same thing when he said "dream" but the kanji was for it "bad dream." These examples are from volume ten, by the way. I just kinda wonder why that is done. I've never taken formal Japanese lessons, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or something... I'm just curious.

Michiru
"Sonna ni kami ni chikazukita kattara shinjimae! Shineba dare darou ga hotoke ni nareru zo, soko no bouzu-tachi ni na."
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Michiru wrote: Oh, wait, I do have a question. I'm not sure if it's just a Japanese question or really a GB manga question, but why is it that some of the little translations next to the kanjis (I've forgotten what that's called), don't match the kanji reading? For example, Ban said said "Jackal," but the kanji for it was "Akabane." And the same thing when he said "dream" but the kanji was for it "bad dream." These examples are from volume ten, by the way. I just kinda wonder why that is done. I've never taken formal Japanese lessons, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or something... I'm just curious.
Michiru
Manga authors do this just to give you more information, and nuances. You can read the kanji, and then you can read their secondary interpretation of it... In that particular case, Dr. Jackal is the nickname for Akabane, so...

fugu
claunde
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by claunde »

hi, I`m new here ! Yoroshiku ! ^_^

Does anyone know where I can find 2nd opening (uhm.. I don`t know the title) and 3rd ending song..... if I not wrong the title is "Mr. De Javu"

thanks ^_^
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Will there be more Get Backers manga?

Post by Michiru »

I see that volume 21 will be released next month... Are Get Backers still running in a magazine or will 21 be the last manga volume? From what I've heard what the last couple of volumes are about, they don't answer too many of the mysteries in Get Backers. Hopefully, they will get around to answering some of those questions they've left unaswered. Like who's the fouth king and so on. Then again, the less volumes, the less money I have to spend. *sweat-drop*

Oh, yeah, thanks a lot, Fugu, for answering my last question. It was very helpful. :D

Michiru
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

um... at the end of the 14th Volume, the whole end is dedicated to a card game. Can someone please give me info on that?
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

why dosn't anyone answer my question? i feel so hated.... :cry:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pootmaster wrote:why dosn't anyone answer my question? i feel so hated.... :cry:
maybe nobody knows.

fugu
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

well, i guess, i might be able to scan the pages when i get my scaner to work....
mystavash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mystavash »

FuguTabetai wrote:
pootmaster wrote:why dosn't anyone answer my question? i feel so hated.... :cry:
maybe nobody knows.

fugu
Weren't they like Tarot cards? Didn't one of them have Ginji as Raitei?

Anisa.
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

um.... i'm not sure, i don't think they were Tarot cards, but maybe they were. One of them was Fire master or something, i don't really know....
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

Oh, does anyone know where i can get a translated volume 14?

Re: fansubs

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:i noticed that there are a few groups fansubbing GetBackers. was wondering if any group's release was more accurate?

I've finally got around to watching most, if not all, of the GB eps that are out in English. About half were Ishin, a few Saikou, and the rest were Anime Empire.

As to "more accurate", all of them were accurate, perhaps AE's translation could be more refined in a few cases I noticed, but it was never anything that would fail to get the sense of what the characters were saying.

Anisa.
Dori-dori

Post by Dori-dori »

Well, this is kinda a....um, silly question, but it's been buggin' me for quite some time now. Anyhoo:

What's Ginji's "offical" eye colour? (I know that he has brown eyes in the anime, but I've seen 'bout two or so volume covers that has him with purple, but there was one with gold...)

Dori-dori

Post by Guest »

Dori-dori wrote:Well, this is kinda a....um, silly question, but it's been buggin' me for quite some time now. Anyhoo:

What's Ginji's "offical" eye colour? (I know that he has brown eyes in the anime, but I've seen 'bout two or so volume covers that has him with purple, but there was one with gold...)

Dori-dori
It's brown......I think.
jei

just wanna know...

Post by jei »

anyone knows the past of ginji n ban, himiko n ban??
asellus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by asellus »

pootmaster wrote:um.... i'm not sure, i don't think they were Tarot cards, but maybe they were. One of them was Fire master or something, i don't really know....
They are Tarot cards indeed, or so the manga says. I really like that ARC.
pootmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pootmaster »

o thanks! hehe, i don't really know japanese that well, so....
bababababaabab

Post by bababababaabab »

oh what that ?