Tokyopop licenses Get Backers

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
Microlith

Tokyopop licenses Get Backers

Post by Microlith »

http://www.animeondvd.com

And a whole buncha other stuff. No Tenjo Tenge yet though!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Bummer - looks like we will have to stop with GetBackers.

I'm sure they will be faster than us though. :P

fugu

Post by Guest »

will you still be putting up chapt 1 of vol 3 then? :(

i don't live anywhere near the US.....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:will you still be putting up chapt 1 of vol 3 then? :(

Probably not. Sorry.

fugu
Michiru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Michiru »

So no text translations either? Like to use along with the original mangas? Personally, I've always been interested in those since it helps me learn Japanese, but most people I've seen that do scanlations won't do simple text translations.

Michiru
"Sonna ni kami ni chikazukita kattara shinjimae! Shineba dare darou ga hotoke ni nareru zo, soko no bouzu-tachi ni na."
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Michiru wrote:So no text translations either? Like to use along with the original mangas? Personally, I've always been interested in those since it helps me learn Japanese, but most people I've seen that do scanlations won't do simple text translations.

Michiru
I always do text translations - for example http://gb.mangatranslation.com/GB_3_Trans.html or the version with java script pop-ups...

But if TokyoPop is translating it, I would rather spend my time on something that isn't available domestically. I don't know how Anisa feels, but she hasn't been translating for a while...

fugu
dolores cnut

another one bites the dust...

Post by dolores cnut »

Only just heared the news. XP
How do people round here feel about tokyo pop? I live in the UK, mainly I have to order my manga from japan, but you do see the occaisional tokyopop/viz english version in the local comc shops. Personally I hate the translations.
Oh well, thanks for everything, you groove folk at mangatranslation. I suppose I would have got around to actually buying the tankoubon sooner or later. No more freebie downloads just means I'll have to do it sooner ;P.

Any idea what you might fill the GB shaped gap in your lives with now? My suggestion: something equally big dumb and slashy. How about some minekura kazuya?

Post by Guest »

Tokyopop is good I like it I got a couple of mangas from them they do good work and they usally print it right to left to be authentic they will do a good job. And thanks for all the transltion Getbacker s Manga translation even thought Tokyopop will do a good job I will miss the translation. :cry: :cry: :cry: Thanks

Post by Guest »

Ahh, so then all the translations of the GetBackers manga will cease?

You folks were doing a great job, hate to see it stop because of some company that wants to make money. I wish that the U.S. couldn't license this stuff, all they really are doing is taking stuff that has already been translated and selling it at outrageous prices (anime, for example).

Crooks.
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

The point of fan translating is to get stuff licensed.

According to you, anime and manga should be free... But how can it exist if it's not profitable? *Rolls eyes.*
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
ahaha
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: ....

Post by ahaha »

Shishio-sama wrote:...

The point of fan translating is to get stuff licensed.

According to you, anime and manga should be free... But how can it exist if it's not profitable? *Rolls eyes.*
many would argue on that
for you americans being licensed in the US may be a good thing but for the other people in the world who aren't americans who can't read japanese and only english its not the same
why? because a US translated manga would actually cost some of us 5 meals so which one would you get?
if only mangas are sold around the world at a specific price which the currency exchange doesn't affect the price then i am sure all the manga readers would certainly buy the mangas
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean it should be free. And you pay for your internet, so I think you're just making excuses.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
ahaha
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ahaha »

for the money to buy the manga paying for the internet is far more worth the money than spending it for the manga. actually even though the mangas are licensed in any country, as long as the citizens there aren't cheapstakes there shounldn't be a problem.

Post by Guest »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Anonymous wrote:will you still be putting up chapt 1 of vol 3 then? :(

Probably not. Sorry.

fugu
Unfortunately, we do live in the US, and they have very skilled lawyers at TokyoPop.

I didn't think GB would be that big, but when I saw the merchandise booming, then the anime came out, I figured it would only be a matter of time before we'd have to stop. :(

Download it all while you still can! :)

Anisa.