Manga Vs Anime is like Night vs Day

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
Get_to_the_chopper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Manga Vs Anime is like Night vs Day

Post by Get_to_the_chopper »

I like the getbackers anime, ive seen all 39 episodes that have been subbed so far. The show is a bit too cheesy and kiddy for my tastes, but i keep watching it anyway, then i found the manga. GOOD GOD! WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE MADE THE SHOW MORE LIKE THE MANGA! the manga freaking rules! I was wondering if you guys had an irc channel, cause i didnt see one on the site. If you dont, you should start one(preferably on mircx), and get this gem of a manga out there to the masses! keep up the good work.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

No IRC channel here.

Since TokyoPop is releasing the GetBackers manga, I'm sure that it will be available to many more people now.

fugu
inv4zn
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Manga Vs Anime is like Night vs Day

Post by inv4zn »

Get_to_the_chopper wrote:I like the getbackers anime, ive seen all 39 episodes that have been subbed so far. The show is a bit too cheesy and kiddy for my tastes, but i keep watching it anyway, then i found the manga. GOOD GOD! WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE MADE THE SHOW MORE LIKE THE MANGA! the manga freaking rules! I was wondering if you guys had an irc channel, cause i didnt see one on the site. If you dont, you should start one(preferably on mircx), and get this gem of a manga out there to the masses! keep up the good work.
is it really that much different.....??
i really enjoyed the anime :roll: :roll: :roll:
mangalover

Post by mangalover »

I haven't read the manga's yet, but I don't believe (yet) that there is such a different, because I enjoyed a lot with the anime (althought i think it shouldn't end that quickly). I was addicted to it,so I watch so 5 hours a day.... that isn't much, is it?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I bought the first volume the other day and I really liked it :)

Haven't seen the anime though, don't think we have those here :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hey, just a question, is the artwork better in the anime ? Because I don't like the heads ( faces are good, but the heads look deformed, the ears are small and misplaced, as are the necks ... ) in the manga, just wanted to know if the same 'problem' ( not that ist is one ) occurs in the anime :)

Post by Guest »

i watched the anime awhile ago but never read the manga so my question is (the ending for the anime stunk well not that bad im jus overexaggerating) do they have a better ending in the manga or is it still going? and if so what happens? those guys from babylon city are still around anything more about them in the manga??
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've only read the first 3 volumes of the manga, so I really can't answer. TokyoPop picked this one up before Anisa and I ever got very far in the translation. :)
Mazus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazus »

Anonymous wrote:i watched the anime awhile ago but never read the manga so my question is (the ending for the anime stunk well not that bad im jus overexaggerating) do they have a better ending in the manga or is it still going? and if so what happens? those guys from babylon city are still around anything more about them in the manga??

The manga is still going. The anime skipped some arcs and made some character changes. For the instance the Miroku Brothers, in the manga it was the Miroku Seven. T

The last arc in the anime was based on the current arc of the manga, which was around volume 24 or 25, at the time.
karynn
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by karynn »

the manga is really fun to read. especially in chinese :P it's actually quite sophisticated in language for a chinese manga (it has lots of proverbs i don't remember from school) so i don't understand some of it, but i think it's a lot more funny and the small text and footnotes are really hilarious. then again, i think manga is more fun to read in chinese than english. i've not really watched the anime yet though i plan to. over here, the manga's been released until book 31.