Introducing a very advanced manga translation and editing tool - PicPaw

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
Kt_Val
Yuurei
Yuurei

Introducing a very advanced manga translation and editing tool - PicPaw

Post by Kt_Val »

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce a manga translation tool I've been working with. It's called PicPaw and you can access the website here: Picpaw.com

It uses OCR functions to scans the words from the speech bubbles. It also automatically erases the original texts for you and replaces them with translation when you type. What's better is it has a built-in machine translation function within the software itself, so if you'd like to use Google Translate instead, you don't need to switch back and forth.

What's more, the tool also enables the translation and editing of special effect words, like onomatopoeias such as "BANG", "CREAKING". It carries this function that detects colors from the images and translates them into brushes, so you can draw and paint on the original strips as you edit. It's surprising because I've previously seen exported manga and comic works with unchanged onomatopoeias in them. Anyway, PicPaw saves you the effort of using Photoshop or Adobe.

You can upload your raw manga works as images or PDFs to the website. Or you can upload them in ZIPs if it's more convenient. They have instruction videos on their website, but you can also go to their blog here for more information: picpaw-blog.com

Let me know if you've got any questions.
Dean
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Introducing a very advanced manga translation and editing tool - PicPaw

Post by Dean »

This site is really great. I use it often and it is very practical.
See my website here : Chatbot
Lee48
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Lee48 »

I have just discovered it and it is indeed very interesting.
Mac57
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mac57 »

Hello,

I didn't know this site before, but it looks really interesting. Thanks for the information.