Mis-translation of Kagome Kagome intro.

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Mis-translation of Kagome Kagome intro.

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi all,

So when I first translated the back cover of Kagome Kagome I hadn't read too much of it, and this led to some confusion. Mainly, two the female leads (Nishino and Kusaga) both have the same family name - "Kagome". I thought it was being used as a noun, leading to my confusing translation... (I also just assumed that I was missing out on something since I'm not Japanese; since there is a kid's game and song, there might be more to the whole Kagome thing than I knew.) So here is a better translation:
When Masami's father died, he was told by his grandfather that he had to move out. In order to find a new place that he could live in for 80,000 yen a month, he asked his unrequinted love "Kagome" to look for a new place for him. But unfortunately, because of that, he has had to join the "extremely normal phenomenau observation society" that she founded. And on top if it, there are rumors that things seem to "appear" at the places that the she finds ...
Also, this means that the title is a play on words: it mirrors the opening of the song used in the children's game, and is a reference to the two women...

fugu