Air Gear

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Okay, I've officially given up on Air Gear. Bought Vol. 8 3 weeks ago, and took me up to yesterday to finish it. Had to force myself to read it. It's not good when, half-way into the fight, you stop caring about who the winner will be... :roll: It would have helped greatly if the fights were actually interesting or good, but there are only so many variations of rollerskating poses to strike before it all starts to get mind-numbingly boring. The stories certainly don't help either, as being a shonen manga means things get dumbed down and a lot of time is spent on pointless chapters that contribute insignificantly to the larger story and do not even have good characterization (school ghosthunting, anyone?), just for the sake of putting in something to appeal to the kiddies. I might enjoy this if I were 12 or something, but as it is I'll just stick to TT.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Heh...unforunately true. I collect Air Gear mostly for the fabulous Oh!Great artwork, because the plot is weird at parts. I treat it like any other time-killer shonen manga. But it's still better than Naruto or some other crap like that, because of great artwork and it's overall coolness (I used to rollerskate for a while back in the days - it was fun:) + I like the street-ghetto-ish atmosphere AG has).

Oh...and does anyone know where can I geet some AG raws?? ch66+
#Udanraws bot is dead and I can't get them:(
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

For anyone still reading AG:

http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/search_v ... 634868&x=C

Volume 9 out now.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Damn... very fast and it's already volume 9... why tenten takes years just to finish two volume??? :cry:
Signature - Do i need one???
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

thanks T_T!
Phantom14
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Phantom14 »

I have been every were to try and get this manga. I found SC site, and the bars are blank right now, and everything else is dea, and I have no idea wow IRC works and I can't seem to get anything out from there. Someone shoot me, frustration is taking me over, please help, I am a fool.[/b]
I am Phantom, and you will be punished by my hand.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

nothing on the site but news atm. So read this irc tutorial: h ttp://www.anime-theatre.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31
then make your way to #snoopycool at irc.irchighway.net
Phantom14
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Phantom14 »

Starakin wrote:nothing on the site but news atm. So read this irc tutorial: h ttp://www.anime-theatre.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31
then make your way to #snoopycool at irc.irchighway.net

That site is not working.
I am Phantom, and you will be punished by my hand.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Phantom14 wrote: That site is not working.
irc.irchighway.net is a IRC server, to connect using mirc or other irc software.

Maybe you can try www.irchighway.net to find out some howto on how to connect and use that particular network
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

it works pretty well. Did you even notice there's a space between H & T in http?
copy the thing into your browser's address bar instead of clicking. If you're still having difficulty try googling some other tutorial instead of creating new threads.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

that's hot. any info on this figure? :D
ShinHitokiriX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShinHitokiriX »

Thats Shimuka all i've been able to find is resin kits at this site http://www.hobbyfan.com/index.php?cPath=297 painted an non painted i guess it wuz a really limited run cuz i can't seem to find out anything else about it other than it wuz featured in WF2004 wotever the hell that means lol
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Isn't Simca blonde? :?
ShinHitokiriX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShinHitokiriX »

Nope Volume 2 cover has her with Pink hair :P anyone seen the simca cosplay outfit?? now if only a tall big breasted girl were to purchase one.... :twisted:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

son of a... I just picked up vol 9 a few days ago... dang. oh well.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Kodansha, huh? Is this serialized in Shounen Jump by any chance?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Is this serialized in Shounen Jump by any chance?
Yeah, it is. Why?

Really shit paper.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I was just wondering why I see the raws for AG all over the place, but TJTG is hard to find...

But the Shounen Jump bit explains it all... People scan it for Naruto, One Piece and Bleach like crazy.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

AG v3 chap 20-23 have been translated by snoopycool & at-t ;)
SaberStrykeX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Air Gear art

Post by SaberStrykeX »

Does anybody know of any galleries or sites that have air gear artwork or pics? mangatranslation has a gallery for tenjo tenge. I'm just hungry for more oh! great artwork.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

You know this book is really starting to grow on me. I'll probably never like it as much as TT or other books but it's still pretty good.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
deadleaf6
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by deadleaf6 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Okay, I've officially given up on Air Gear. Bought Vol. 8 3 weeks ago, and took me up to yesterday to finish it. Had to force myself to read it. It's not good when, half-way into the fight, you stop caring about who the winner will be... :roll: It would have helped greatly if the fights were actually interesting or good, but there are only so many variations of rollerskating poses to strike before it all starts to get mind-numbingly boring. The stories certainly don't help either, as being a shonen manga means things get dumbed down and a lot of time is spent on pointless chapters that contribute insignificantly to the larger story and do not even have good characterization (school ghosthunting, anyone?), just for the sake of putting in something to appeal to the kiddies. I might enjoy this if I were 12 or something, but as it is I'll just stick to TT.
In my personal opinion, I don't really read Air Gear for the "fights". I like it more for the races and the characters. Sure, there is a lot of ass kicking like in the subway race(not to mention that Agito/Akito alone garauntees blood), but I read it to see cool tricks, and how each charcter grows. I also enjoy the story.

Heh guess its not for everyone, though. :wink:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

speaking of figures and v12, hehe.

The Ringo pinky is cute but not as stable compared to the Aya one. Sucks since that means I can't have the air trecks on without Ringo constantly falling over!
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

H-O-T!
Del Rey Acquires Air Gear (2006-01-20 12:33:47)
Del Rey announced today in a press release that they will be releasing Air Gear. The first volume will be out July 25 of this year.
Taken from ANN.

Del Rey has been a A+ company in my books so I have no doubt they'll do justice to AG, unlike what crap CMX pulled with TT. :D
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I APPROVE. With this and the anime series, which hopefully will do justice to the manga, I'm very pleased. Now only if Scum-Scans would pick up the pace. 8)
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

jboncha
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jboncha »

I'm really liking the scans that I've been reading of this series.
I cant wait until I'm able to buy offically translated books of this series starting July 2006.
I wonder how far ahead the scans are gonna be by time July rolls around though... :?:

J B
doreamong
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by doreamong »

so how far are you guys in the manga?
miyagiCE
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by miyagiCE »

Volume 08 Chapter 61.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Some AG gashapon here:

http://www.poweranime.com/index2.cfm?pa ... imeId=1362

I see Ringo, Simca, Agito, Ikki and Croissant Kamen.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

They're on ebay every now and then. They started to appear around last month.
Volume 14 is coming out on 17 of June (at least that's what I read in one of newsletters I suscribe).
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Looking good, huh? Both will be out in September, curtesy of Megahouse.

http://www.mpsnet.co.jp/hobbynet/Produc ... ?pno=23947

http://www.mpsnet.co.jp/hobbynet/Produc ... ?pno=23946
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Too much to hope that they will have removable tops... :oops:
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

WARNING
CONTAINS SPOILERS

btw, why is Ringo going up against Ikki?? Or vice versa.....I know it has something to do with that guy (don't know his name) telling Ikki that Ringo's the leader of Sleeping Forest and one of the 8 Kings, but is she testing him or something......
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Tachibana wrote:WARNING
CONTAINS SPOILERS

btw, why is Ringo going up against Ikki?? Or vice versa.....I know it has something to do with that guy (don't know his name) telling Ikki that Ringo's the leader of Sleeping Forest and one of the 8 Kings, but is she testing him or something......
Because Ikki is the next leader of Genesis after Simca and Genesis is challenging the Sleeping Forest for the place at the summit of the Trophaeum. Since Ikki doesn't really want to listen to Ringo, she challenges him to a duel.

PS: The guy with the guitar is called Canon. He is Ringo's tuner and a member of Tool Toul Tou (like Simca, Kururu and Makigai).
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

MrProphet wrote:
Tachibana wrote:WARNING
CONTAINS SPOILERS

Because Ikki is the next leader of Genesis after Simca and Genesis is challenging the Sleeping Forest for the place at the summit of the Trophaeum. Since Ikki doesn't really want to listen to Ringo, she challenges him to a duel.

PS: The guy with the guitar is called Canon. He is Ringo's tuner and a member of Tool Toul Tou (like Simca, Kururu and Makigai).
dumb question, but wtf is a "tuner"???? and thanks for answering
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Tachibana wrote:dumb question, but wtf is a "tuner"???? and thanks for answering
A 'tuner' in AG world is someone who tunes the skates. Sort of like the Air Trek engineer or technician.
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

MrProphet wrote:
Tachibana wrote:dumb question, but wtf is a "tuner"???? and thanks for answering
A 'tuner' in AG world is someone who tunes the skates. Sort of like the Air Trek engineer or technician.
gotcha. thanks a bunch. damn, now i really can't wait to see what happens. reading the raws, i didn't realize that ikki's the runner up leader for simca's genesis, who's challenging sleeping forest for a spot. now i wonder how that'll go down. but i've always had a feeling that ikki will have to come up against SF.
agmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by agmaster »

If Ikki takes over Genisis, what happens to his crew? And yay Simca's dead..or hurt. More Kazu!
They call me Hadoken, because I'm downright fierce.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I would think that they would join Ikki there.
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

agmaster wrote:If Ikki takes over Genisis, what happens to his crew? And yay Simca's dead..or hurt. More Kazu!
they should join along, or else they're dead. even with ikki, kogarasumaru's best member is akito/agito, and he's not even 100% now. and so if ikki's gone, they're a 4 man team.
frank651
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by frank651 »

HI guys well im new, well i wanted to ask if any of you guys know were to get translation for air gear chapter139 ?THANKS
ShinHitokiriX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShinHitokiriX »

no ones translated that far scum scans are up to chapter 72 and the speed group wotever the hell they're called are up to chapter 86
frank651
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by frank651 »

well thanks
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

i basically started picking up this series because i'm a big fan of jet set radio/jet grind radio. anyone ever play the game?

this would still be a fun read if i hadn't played jet set, but it definately doesn't compare to tjtg.