Hiromoto Sin-Ichi's "Hells Angels"

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Hiromoto Sin-Ichi's "Hells Angels"

Post by FuguTabetai »

So browsing around the Tsutaya in Shibuya the other day, I came across and purchsed the first volume of Hiromoto Sin-Ichi's (ヒロモト 森一) "Hells Angels". I liked the style and picked it up. It was a nice read. I'll probably get volumes 2 and 3 as well. Checking around his homepage (http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/mangaforce/) it looks like it will be turned into an anime sometime in 2006 by Madhouse. Now, I'm not going to say that the first volume of Hells Angels was fantastic, but it has a nice style and is interesting.

The story centers on a regular school girl (who in a running gag is chronically late) that gets killed on her way to class. She ends up in Hell, under suspcious circumstances, and continues daily life under a new set of rules. The principle of the school seems to have a grudge against her, and she just wants to return home. But it has cute characters, a nice style, and is well executed. I really like the production values: done on nice paper, large format, nice book design, etc.

If anyone would be interested in scanning this for me, I'd be happy to send the book along to you. Then I could translate. Of course, since it will be made into an anime, it is likely to be picked up by another fan group or possibly even commercially (the goth Hot Topic crowd would just love it) so I don't have a burning desire to translate it. Anyway, if you're looking for something fun to import, this is nice. And the third volume comes with a nice puramodel.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I should correct that post - the 3rd volume of Hells Angels does not come with a plastic model, it is the XXX Rider Women's group whatever manga (I'd have to think a bit harder for a better translation) that comes with the model. It was just next to the Hells Angels stuff. heh.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out.