B&C Book 1 out October 19th

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

B&C Book 1 out October 19th

Post by Agent_Wax »

"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

eeeeehhh? i wonder how the cover's going to look like :)
WhyGodWhy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by WhyGodWhy »

it looks great :o
i hope Fugu will scan us some of the art from the book.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I will buy the book, but I won't scan anything from it. I don't have a scanner here, and there are better ways for me to use my free time.
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

Not even the cover!? T_T Oh well, you're right, the only reason you're doing this is beause it's mutual benefit :)

Though...the cover looks so nice .___.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

lifestorm2 wrote:Not even the cover!? T_T Oh well, you're right, the only reason you're doing this is beause it's mutual benefit :)
Mutual benefit? I do it because I like Dogs and think other people who speak English might enjoy reading it too. It would be much easier for me just to read it and not translate (I do pick up Ultra Jump usually and since I live in Tokyo it is cheap.)

Running this site is kind of a pain (well, since I mostly just leave the site alone it isn't a big deal) because now I've got these translation commitments, and if I don't get things translated within a month or so I start getting questions...

But overall, as a hobby it is enjoyable. And I'm glad that there is a nice fanbase of Dogs fans that have been able to provide scans. :)
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

I meant benefit, not in the material sense, since you're doing for the sake of us leechers, I'm just...maybe mutual benefit is the wrong term, sorry. ^_^'

but it's thanks to you that I've been able to even read Dogs, thank you.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

but thanks for the post! I don't mean to come off as angry or anything. I'm not.

I am a bit surprised that nobody has commented on chapters 10-12 though! I think it is starting to get interesting. I just wish the chapters were longer.

I still absolutely love Miwa Shirow's style though.
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

That was the reason I got into the story, it's so well drawn!

Though, is it supposed to blank out after *someone* opens the church door? Cause it seemed like something happened, but we don't get to see what happened

(hoping not to spoil anything)

On another note, the site says you're waiting for ch14, what happened to 13? :O Just wondering!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Miwa Shirow often uses spaces of black and white to create a feeling of tension. The blank space in the church was intentional. Also, the "black" speech bubbles in chapter 11 (I think, I translated them all together) were black in the Japanese.

I'm waiting for chapter 13, that is just a typo. I edit the HTML by hand, and it is not as easy as a content management system. I've thought of moving all of MangaTranslation.com over to some sort of CMS, but I don't have the time to fool around with that.
Dioma
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dioma »

I have to agree that the story is getting interesting but I do miss Badou ;_;
I heard that some people from the LiveJournal community will order the 1st volume. I won't be buying it though. The price (both for the book and the shipping) is way too big for a person who can't even read Japanese.
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

It's sad that such underrated manga usually doesn't get licensed over in the western nations :( At least we'll get the good art, if not the story... T_T
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

lifestorm2 wrote:It's sad that such underrated manga usually doesn't get licensed over in the western nations :( At least we'll get the good art, if not the story... T_T
The book is the collection of the chapters that I have been translating here, with the help of Chemiberry and CJD for the scans.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

I absolutely love this manga XD I think the style does contribute alot to it. I love how he uses super angular lines to add elegance to the manga. And i love the characters. This manga's alot like black lagoon in the feel it gives off. I don't even know why this manga comes off as gritty to me, but i really like that the characters aren't all bubbly, and i love that the distorted expressions are rarely used. it's annoying when the manga throws a chibi face in every other frame. It's also nice because the characters actually change clothes every once in awhile. I don't know how some people in shonen series wear the same outfit thier whole life *cough* naruto*cough*